Travis

Re: The new album cover
rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I have green eyes too! Well, sorta. My mom has blue eyes, my dad green eyes, so I have a weird mix and they look blue or green depending on the light and what I'm wearing.
They're like teal eyes... Nobody will ever write a song called "Teal Eyes" lol.

ahhh wow! teal eyes!!

mine used to be more bluey..but now they're like proper greenyy..with a hint to orange (i swear!!!) (:

but yeah..back to the whole discussion..i like the cover! I mean it's a lot better than some around at the mo!

laurimus
laurimus Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
This cover reminds me of some progressive rock album from the seventies! I like this cover very much. And also is so different from the other Travis album covers.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
That's so unfair, I don't have green eyes! I'm so sad now :o(. Enjoy yourselves you 'green eyes' people!! :oP.

no way brown eyed people rawk , they just write a green eyed song to make em, the greenies, feel better

Aww, thanks Ric! ;o) I'll let the green eyed people feel better with themselves... especially cause they need a song and a cover to do that teehee ;oP

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
Really like it, I was hoping for something striking and that fits the bill beautifully. The only thing I'd change is the font, the Travis font is a lot more noticeable than the new one.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 10:30 AM Quote
silvella wrote:

So do I! Does anyone know if or where the "old" font can be downloaded... for free...? Thanks.

Have a look here. :)

silvella
silvella Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
silvella wrote:

So do I! Does anyone know if or where the "old" font can be downloaded... for free...? Thanks.

Have a look here. :)

Thank you so much!!!!!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
I don't like it at all. It's catchy, but it's ugly! And it leaves behind Travis' sequence of album covers with great photos from the band. They never used photography in a literal way, they always played with that beautiful art creating really original covers.
In this case we have a shocking image, but that's it. It's not original and it's not beautiful like the previous covers.

elodie
elodie Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
I like the new cover. At first, I was a bit perplexed with the colours... now I find it perfect, the contrast is nice.

By the way, anyone else that the cover represents an eye AND a mouth with the orange lips, the inside pink? just a thought...

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] All Times BST Current Time 12:49 AM