Travis

One night. One year now :oD!
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 3:53 AM Quote
Dedicado para Invisible girls and boy :o)

Today. Exactly one year ago, exactly at this very same time I met them and it was amazing. Wednesday 1rst August 2007, a date I will never forget, that was the day when I met Travis for the very first time. It was a long day that time. I woke up early because I had to go to the Uni to sign up for my lessons (it was the first time I was doing this, so I had to go there instead of doing it on-line), after that I got back home to grab something to eat and to meet my brother so we can go together to the hotel (where supposedly Travis was going to stay at). I always thought that meeting the band was just a dream, that only with a lot of money, power or luck (or even the three of them) someone could be able to see this great band face to face and even to have a little chat with them too. Now I see how wrong that thought was!
So, one week before the band came to Mexico I read a lot of comments on this board and was all excitement (fans who had met them in the USA and Canada gigs) and speculation (all the Mexican fans wondering where would the band stay in and when they would arrive here). I was between these two emotions, so I decided to do everything I can to get to meet Travis. I told my brother (who is Travis fan too [HumptyDumptyMexico on the board], not as much as I am, but a fan anyway) that in the board everyone was saying that was very easy to get to them, you just have to be in the right place and time to make it, and brother said “Let’s do it, we don’t have anything to lose, and if by any chance we don’t meet them at least we can have a nice walk on the beautiful side of the city!” Lol!
My brother was as willing as I was to meet Travis no matter what, so we prepared ourselves for the most amazing adventure we could ever live :o).
Alrite, back to August 1rst, I got home, I ate something (can’t remember what it was, but the excitement didn’t allowed me to eat a lot xD), helped my mom to finish the Scotland flag she was making because I asked her to do it (Love my mom!), and waited my brother to get home from work so we could leave to the hotel right away. We get there, there were only like 5 or 6 guys, it was 4 o’clock, my brother and I were very nervous cause we didn’t know if it was the right place, not to mention the right moment... At first we didn’t talk to anyone (I’m way too shy to start a chat with a stranger xD), so we waited there, we didn’t talk to them, they didn’t talk to us. Right! After half an hour or so, some of them take off (I’m not sure to where did they go) and in that moment one of the girls (she is galletitabonita on the board, totally awesome girl!) approached to us to asks us if we were there because of Travis, of course we said YES, so my brother and I decided to take out the Scotland flag and share some of our strategies (???) to confirm Travis was actually staying in that hotel heehee. Ok, this was our plan (don’t laugh so hard please :oP) we would be standing right in front of the hotel windows, raising the flag as high as we can do it, so everyone in the hotel can see it and maybe the lads could see it too, and then they would come out of the hotel. Or screaming either “Travis” or the names of all the members of the band at every single window... We had hell of a plan, huh? Well, let me tell you that neither of the fans wanted to participate, so only my brother and I pulled that thing off, shame on us cause it didn’t worked out a bit... later you’ll find out why ;o).
Nevertheless we continued there chatting and waiting for a sign that let us know they were there... and finally it arrived :oD. We saw a man coming out of the hotel; he looked (a lot) like a foreigner, so we designated someone to go to talk to him (the chosen one was killerqueen on this board, nice girl too!), she went there with another girl and started to talk to him. I can’t say the exactly words of this conversation because I wasn’t there, but this is what she told me he said. She asked him if he knew anything about Travis, he answered he knew EVERYTHING about them (she got all excited, even in the distance I could see that expression on her face), and then she asked if he knows if they’re gonna stay at that hotel and if they are already there, he says they are going to be in that hotel, they supposedly should have arrived already, anyways they shall be arrive between 5 and 10 pm (and it was just 5:30 pm!!! To much time ahead :oS). Anyhow he told her that he would send them a text message to ask them where they were, because they were coming from Orlando after the shooting of the My Eyes video – we were like ‘yeah, right! He’s not gonna do that, at least not for us’. We thought this couldn’t get any better, that’s why we “waited” for this nice man to come out once again and tell us where Travis were – yeah, we weren’t convinced at all that he was really going to do that... Wrong thought again! Like 30 or 45 minutes later he came out of the hotel just to tell us he couldn’t contact them, but that they’re absolutely going to arrived that day, no doubt in it (I mean, who in the world does that for just a bunch of mortals as we [at least I feel that way] fans are?? xD). Oh yes, that nice and kind guy was Nick, their guitar tech :oO! Actually I didn’t know that until a few days later, and I was even more impressed. Now you see why the plan I told you about didn’t worked out? Cause they hadn’t arrived to the hotel yet xD.
Everyone decided to wait until they get there; we thought it wouldn’t take too long. We were just there, asking everyone’s name, giving our cell phone numbers (for emergencies, such as ‘I went to the bathroom, they’re arriving in that moment and hopefully someone will call me to let me know that, so I can run right away to see them’), Travis chatting, and so on. Hour after hour went by and we were already hallucinating because of the lack of food and water, desperation and a sort of disappointment due to we weren’t very sure (as we were a few hours ago) that we were going to meet them xD. More fans arrived; one of them was another cool girl (U28mich on this board) and this is when real fun began, now we all were making jokes out of everything, laughing our arses off at anything, just having fun and getting to know each other. But at the same time we were getting tired and losing hope :o(. So, for a moment we were screaming at every single car that was getting in to the hotel, until we ran out of voice and energy.
It was around 9:45 pm; some of the guys were sitting on the floor, some others texting or talking on the cell phone, everyone was exhausted. Galletitabonita said “I’ll wait for the next car, if they’re not them, I leave”, my brother thought the same, he just got to give that look and I immediately understood everything... Last car. It was arriving, everyone was looking at the car windows, and then my brother screams “It’s them, it’s them”. My head spun a bit and I was like “It’s them, right? Or am I dreaming? This will become that nasty nightmare when I am about to meet them and suddenly everything vanishes? Pleaaaaase, noooo!” *wakes up out of that nightmare one more time*
The first one I saw was Neil, very tired, very skinny, beautiful blue (green? Can’t choose just one color xD) eyes. Right after I saw him I started to scream like an insane person and looking for my brother cause he was carrying the camera. I was shouting “Edgar, come here, here is Neil, do you see him?? COME HERE RIGHT NOW!!!”. All this shouting was worthless because he was right behind me xD, ready to start taking pics lol! Ok, with him I couldn’t say a word, besides of “Can you sign this, please?” or “Can I take a picture with you?”, that was all.
Next one was Andy, my brother said he was all alone, that we should go with him, I didn’t hesitate a bit! We get where he was, instantly he turned towards us, I asked him to sign my TMW booklet (the one that Neil had already signed), he took the booklet and then asked me my name, I said “Alma”, he spelled it down, I wanted to spelled it too but I just couldn’t do it, I was like “It’s E, no, it’s A-L-N, sorry no (f**k!!), it is M-A”. He looked at me and smile like saying “It’s alrite! Don’t worry” I don’t know if this happened to me because I was nervous or because I am a misspeller xD. After that I took a pic with him and left him with the other fans who were approaching him :o). My brother told me (cause I didn’t actually hear this) that Andy saw the Scotland flag he was holding and got all excited and said “Hey, Scotland!” and smiled :o).
Next stop was Fran, he look exhausted (even more than the other guys), for a second I thought he was going to fall apart in pieces (fortunately he did not!). Even so he look great, and he was incredibly kind towards the fans, getting some late ‘Happy Birthday’ hugs, chatting a little. Eventually I was there, right in front of him, I couldn’t believe... Now see some of my reactions to this; firstly I handed him a pen instead of a marker to sign my TMW booklet and he give me a look like saying “You’re giving me a pen to sign you booklet, instead of that marker you’re holding in your left hand??”, I immediately got it and handed him the marker – I’m telling you guys, nervous and stupid = Bad combination!! xD. Secondly, when he was signing the booklet, without even thinking on the words, I said “You’re great!” and he said “Awww, thank you!”, the sweetest words and tone I’ve ever heard :o). I couldn’t get a pic with him; the stupid camera ran out of batteries. Darn!!
I took off to the next stop. Finally there was Dougie, gorgeous man, surrounded by a quite big crowd. I didn’t want to upset him, so I waited for the right time to approach him. And then the time had come, I was in front of him handing my Travis at the Palace copy and my TMW booklet looking like an idiot (acting like one too), speechless... Until he asks my name, “Alma” I say, “Nice name!” he says and continues “I used to live in a street call Alma. Alma Street”. Even now I can’t believe he told me that, that’s one of the reasons why, in that moment, all I could say was a silly “Really? Wow!”. What an idiot!!! xD
I actually could have some pics with him because my brother had the fabulous idea of using my cell phone’s camera. Bad quality pics, but I have some so I don’t care too much :oP.
One by one they were getting in to the hotel, the last man standing outside was Dougie (always nice and kind) smiling at every single camera, at every single fan :oD. After a couple of minutes he said goodbye, and as he was walking inside the building a few “thankyous” and “I love yous” were shouted at the door he was crossing. Unforgettable moment! *drops a tear*
I couldn’t believe how these virtuous and talented men were soo nice and kind towards the fans, even when they were so tired and I’m sure that the only thing they wanted to do was going directly to their beds, however they stay there with, us, their fans. Hanging in there but always with a smile on their faces, spelling down everyone’s names and even saying the street where they used to live on :o).
We were on the street screaming, tears were falling, we were all hyped up, as if we were in our very own cuckoos nest xD. My whole body was pumping with adrenaline, I think I could have run a marathon in that moment or, at least, break someone elses bones in a fight tee hee :oP. We all wanted a pic of that very special moment, so we stood right in front of a tourist (now that I think, he seemed to have a bit fun with our excitement faces) and asked him to take a pic of us... But before that he related us his whole story (Come on, man! I just want you to take me a pic :oP). He said he was from Alabama and that he was a fan of some Mexican football club. Honestly I didn’t want to know this information, but it was fun, and in the end we got our pic :oP.
Then the “exchanging email and more cell phone numbers” began once again. Eventually everyone was leaving and heading home. The magical moment was ending :o(, but not the wonderful people I met that day (some of them have become very good friends) and memories like that one have no end either :o) So, this post is not only to remember (and why not to celebrate) the day I met Travis, but also that I met awesome people I will never forget.

Ok, you can yawn now... if you haven’t already xD. If you get to this point of the post just want to tell you THANKS MUCHLY for reading this whole crap! And I hope it wasn’t too boring or annoying :o).

Thanks for everything,

Alma xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to clarify a few things:
1. I’m not trying to show off about anything. I mean, there’s people on this board who have seen them like 40 times or so, there’s not a thing of what can I be showing off, right? I just wanted to point out how cool and nice the lads are, and not just them but also their techs and the whole Travis crew. They RAWK maZn! :oP
2. Me Mexican, not very good English. Sorry for that! And I hope that some of the things I wanted to say will be comprehended in the right way :o).
3. I want you to share some memories of the first time you met Travis. There’s nothing like the overwhelming first time! Feedback appreciated :o).

Re: One night. One year now :oD!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 4:57 AM Quote
Hey Alma! Those memories will stay with you forever. :)

I met 3 except Fran in Feb but they seemed to be in a rush, and I was so nervous. I didn't expect to see them either as it was before a gig a couple of minutes away from the venue which made it more difficult as I was totally unprepared. Managed to pluck up the courage to ask for a photo. As Neil was closest, it was him I asked. If my hazy memory is correct he simply said, 'yeah, sure' and the next I know I'm standing between the 3 guys with my Dad going 'how does the camera work Ben?' I was thinking 'oh please don't be thick now Dad.' But I had the photo, said thanks, and they strolled off into the distance. :)

I hope to meet them in a more relaxed moment another time, and of course meet the man himself, Fran. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 5:16 AM Quote
Awww, that's so sweet, Almond! I loved reading your experience. Thanks for sharing! :o)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 7:34 AM Quote
Thanks for your nice comments, Ben and Ju! :o)

Ben, I'm sure you'll to meet Fran someday, and I hope it won't take too long to happen :o).

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 8:34 AM Quote
Thanks for writing this Alma!!!!

You know what I think about it, I couldn't find the perfect words to discribe how we feel today, remembering every little detail of our awesome adventure!!!

I wanted to cry when I read this, I can believe that it was a year ago! too fast!

But I can say this:

Travis gave us such a great night on Ago 1, 07
Travis gave us such a great (EXCELLENT) gig on Ago 2, 07

TRAVIS GAVE US GREAT FRIENDS, FOREVER!!!!!

Thanks Alma!!!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 8:51 AM Quote
galletitabonita wrote:

Word! You said it all friend! ;o)

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 9:03 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
galletitabonita wrote:

Word! You said it all friend! ;o)

Snif snif!

I just found this...

as Dougie say... DO YOU REMEMBER????

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff287/galletita_bonita/IMG_0006.jpg

... DO YOU REMEMBER?

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff287/galletita_bonita/IMG_0055.jpg

... DO YOU REMEMBER?

we were the happiest people all over the globe in that very moment!

CHEERS!!!! ^^

sonja
sonja Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 11:06 AM Quote
Those are the most beautiful written memories that i`ve ever read!!!:0) Seriously! Reading this i can totally feel all of your excitement at that moment ! this is GREAT !!!
THAAAANK YOU ,Alma!
And your english is great,too. don`t worry ! far better than mine! jeje! :0)
kiss

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 11:59 AM Quote
Contestant for longest post eva? :D

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 1:00 PM Quote
Wow this is long! XD
But what can I say? You're right.
The first time is always the first time.
And sometimes I think they have no idea of how many friends they gave me.
But you know what? It's just amazing.
Thanks for the smile you put on my face ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 1:25 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Thanks for your nice comments, Ben and Ju! :o)

Ben, I'm sure you'll to meet Fran someday, and I hope it won't take too long to happen :o).

Thank you. :) Let's hope so!

milos
milos Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 10:50 PM Quote
Thanks for sharing your memories! I really enjoyed reading this. And it gave me hope that i might meet them too one day, of course if ever i get the chance to see Travis live! :) And your your English is perfect!!!

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
I reallly reallly REALLY want to meet them!!
Especially Fran!!!

so..at the end of gigs..where do you find them to get a pic?

tungchoi
tungchoi Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
WOW i love your story ! just like mine!

Quote:
I couldn’t believe how these virtuous and talented men were soo nice and kind towards the fans, even when they were so tired and I’m sure that the only thing they wanted to do was going directly to their beds, however they stay there with, us, their fans. Hanging in there but always with a smile on their faces, spelling down everyone’s names and even saying the street where they used to live on :o).

i met them in the hotel after the show . they are so nice to us. they love their fans.they sign everyone's booklet,take photos...make sure all fans are happy.... they are really nice....

just like u , we waited them but we have no clue about where are they, just wait. luckily, we met time after 5mins after we arrived. haha i 've waited them in airport for 4 hours too :D but it's worth.

Quote:
The magical moment was ending :o(, but not the wonderful people I met that day (some of them have become very good friends) and memories like that one have no end either :o) So, this post is not only to remember (and why not to celebrate) the day I met Travis, but also that I met awesome people I will never forget

exactly, i ve met some great people too! i met them on the pick up day and we became friends! i love them so much! that's cool to meet someone who also loves travis heehee

i love your sharing, it's a nice story, i can imagine it! so cool!

Quote:
brother said “Let’s do it, we don’t have anything to lose, and if by any chance we don’t meet them at least we can have a nice walk on the beautiful side of the city!” Lol!

it's right!! we dont have anything to lose. it's a pleasure to wait for someone i really want to meet :DD

hahaha i enjoyed to read your story :))))
i am not a native english speaker too,so dont worry about the english :D

great job Alma! the memories will last forever!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 03 Aug, 2008 12:06 AM Quote
galletitabonita wrote:

as Dougie say... DO YOU REMEMBER????

Yes, I do! :oD

Cao Sonja and Milos! ;o) (Sorry, but I can't post this letter Ć... You know which one is...)
Glad you could feel the way I felt that day, Sonja. And I'm sure you and Milos will feel the same (or even better) the day you meet Travis, cause you're gonna do it, I'm positive on that :oD! *hugs* Gracias Thanks, guys!

Typing to Reach You wrote:
Contestant for longest post eva? :D

Is there a contest for this??? And I can win?? Woot woot!! LOL! :oP

Glad I made you smile, Eledh :o)

Rebekah, at the end of the gigs, dunno, but at the hotel you just have to wait xD.

Thanks, Tung! Great you could meet them too :o).

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:10 PM