Travis

Re: Dougie had just showed me the picture of Kelly and Fredd
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
apperently everyone met then at the airport! lol. Congrats
Aww, baby Freddie! I bet he is awesome and already girating his hips.
LOL!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Haha , know what you mean about being nervous, never goes that one ...Did you manage in the end?

I swear if I saw them walking down the road I would hide behind a lampost to gather myself together lol but my friend Travis Star goes straight for it :)

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:46 AM Quote
Lucky!! I was at that airport for ageeessss once, but no such luck for me!!
You must be chuffed, cool photos!

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 2:06 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:
I'm happy for you, but really, sorry, I can't hold this feeling... I don't like when people say something like "oh yeah, he showed me the picture of his son". It's something that bothers me.
If he was my son I would be really pissed off about it, because it sounds like you're writing it just to show off with other boardies.
Sorry if it sounds harsh or stuff like that, maybe it's just me, but I had to say it.

Anyway, I'm happy for you, for the pictures you have with them and for the picture Dougie showed you.
:)

hell no
i was just flattered
it was definitely a great honor
i mean... it was totally like a dream
i was SO happy and excited
and I really can't help sharing with you guys
SORRY DOUGIE if it bothers you
(and now I will be feeling awkward for the rest of the day)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 2:34 AM Quote
I think it's pretty reasonable for the lad to share his story here and I don't get the feeling he's sharing out of any reason other than pure excitement. I don't know if he's seen the band before, but I'm fairly sure they don't play China an awful lot, so for a fan living there, seeing them play would be a huge thing, nevermind meeting them too. It must have been a real trip, so you can forgive the excitement, we haven't all travelled far and wide to see them like you, Eledh, so why not let him have his moment here on the board without pissing all over his parade? Secondly, I think it's unfair to make him feel awkward for sharing that he saw a picture of Dougie's child, presumably if Dougie was going to feel uncomfortable with a fan saying they'd seen a picture of his son then he wouldn't have shown it in the first place. I don't know that for sure, but I do know that I think you've given someone who's had an awesome time with the band a hard time, and I hope his experience hasn't lost any of it's shine because of your outburst.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 2:44 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I think it's pretty reasonable for the lad to share his story here and I don't get the feeling he's sharing out of any reason other than pure excitement. I don't know if he's seen the band before, but I'm fairly sure they don't play China an awful lot, so for a fan living there, seeing them play would be a huge thing, nevermind meeting them too. It must have been a real trip, so you can forgive the excitement, we haven't all travelled far and wide to see them like you, Eledh, so why not let him have his moment here on the board without pissing all over his parade? Secondly, I think it's unfair to make him feel awkward for sharing that he saw a picture of Dougie's child, presumably if Dougie was going to feel uncomfortable with a fan saying they'd seen a picture of his son then he wouldn't have shown it in the first place. I don't know that for sure, but I do know that I think you've given someone who's had an awesome time with the band a hard time, and I hope his experience hasn't lost any of it's shine because of your outburst.

Word. I completely agree.

No need to feel awkward, you had a great time and you're just sharing your excitement. Dougie is smarter than that. If he didn't want to show the pic to a fan he wouldn't have. It's not like he's posting picture of the kid or anything...just saying he saw a picture. No biggy.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:26 AM Quote
daytimeoyster wrote:
Eledh wrote:
I'm happy for you, but really, sorry, I can't hold this feeling... I don't like when people say something like "oh yeah, he showed me the picture of his son". It's something that bothers me.
If he was my son I would be really pissed off about it, because it sounds like you're writing it just to show off with other boardies.
Sorry if it sounds harsh or stuff like that, maybe it's just me, but I had to say it.

Anyway, I'm happy for you, for the pictures you have with them and for the picture Dougie showed you.
:)

hell no
i was just flattered
it was definitely a great honor
i mean... it was totally like a dream
i was SO happy and excited
and I really can't help sharing with you guys
SORRY DOUGIE if it bothers you
(and now I will be feeling awkward for the rest of the day)

No problem... It was just a feeling.
Really. I know it's beautiful and flattering... But you know, I don't like this kind of things.
I'm happy for you, really, because I know that it's a beautiful thing. But I can't help it...
I know that people in this board like to share everything and I find it kind of cute, but I think that you should just keep some things for yourself, not open a thread with a title like that.
But again, probably it's just me.

And again, I'm happy that you had a great time and you met them. Really, because they're so amazing and kind with fans.
So really, don't feel akward, it's just something I had to say. But no problem.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:56 AM Quote
hey!! great pictures!!! and you look reaally happy in it!!

I think is great that Dougie had show you that pic, I mean, he's a proud dad, and every dad in the world feels proud about his baby and wants to show him to everybody... and he shows you!!!

and Eledh, just relax!! ;) its only a pic, not little Freddie!!!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 7:13 AM Quote
lovely Dougie!!! he was so kind!!!

I loved your pic with Fran, his t-shirt is great!!!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 10:45 AM Quote
Eledh wrote:

Not nice Eledh

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Eledh wrote:

Not nice Eledh

I know. I told you, I'm sorry if I'm being bitchy.
and I told you. Maybe it's just me.
Really, it's not a big deal, but I couldn't help but say it.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:20 PM Quote
erikausagi wrote:

and Eledh, just relax!! ;) its only a pic, not little Freddie!!!

I know, I know, but you know me. I love to share things, but I think there are some things and experiences that it's better to keep for yourself.
But really, it's not a big deal, I told him what I was thinking and really, I'm not mad or sad or bothered anymore, it was just a quick feeling.
;)

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:45 PM Quote
Double post, sorry.

Erial
Erial Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:54 PM Quote
Uhm, I'm personally not getting the same feeling as Eledh from this thread, the title's not making me feel uneasy. But still, I get why shouting "Oh, I've seen a picture of Dougie's baby!" can bother someone. Saying you've met a celebrity, or saying you've seen their son, are two whole different matters, you can see that right?
Showing someone a personal picture is almost a confidence, since they're not going around showing pictures to anyone, or they'd post the picture here on their site. It might sound bad to some people to brag about something so personal, which shouldn't be a secret by any matter, but it still doesn't have to be yelled around like one would yell "I MET TRAVIS!" - because THAT is perfectly legitimate and no one could say otherwise.
Am I explaining myself? I'm saying, basically, that being harsh in this kind of situation is not being bitchy for the sake of being bitchy, it's not about envy, it's about potentially upsetting feelings.

Daytimeoyster, I'm not saying anything against you! You've said sorry if you bothered anyone and you've been lovely. This is more about the general uncomfortable feeling this kind of stuff can make people feel.
Thanks for the pictures anyway - I love Fran's shirt and seeing Dougie smile so widely makes me smile too. You were very lucky and I'm glad for you :)

And, woah, I was WORDY. And also went kind of Off Topic. Sorry guys xD

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 1:36 PM Quote
daytimeoyster, it really is an awesome feeling when you get to meet them, innit? Congrats, kid! :oD

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:59 AM