Travis

Re: Song to Self online!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:
Just listened to the uploaded mp3 and the quality is terrible.

Here's a better quality rip

Enjoy!

Thanks for this. Much clearer. :)

mecarr
mecarr Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
It reminds me a lot of "Under the Moonlight" from the last album.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:26 PM Quote
It is a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot better than Under The Moonlight though. I think so anyway. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 3:21 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

And "Chinese Blues"... i found this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r2wX5do2OCQ Warning to people: it is Chinese Blues, so don't click if you don't want to hear it. :) From the Moscow gig. Don't know if it has already been linked to from this site. :)

O.O Oh hellz yeah! I freakin' LOVE that song! That's the best youtube recording I've seen of it. OMG! SUCH A GOOD SONG! (Thanks Ben).

This album is gonna rule!!!!!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 3:23 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
It is a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot better than Under The Moonlight though. I think so anyway. :)

Me too.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:09 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Me too.

I agree, Under The Moonlight it is not one if my favourites of TBWNN, it's not even one of my all-time favourites. So, I definitely think Song To Self is way much better than Under The Moonlight.

I can't wait another second to listen the rest of the songs and how they're connected in Ode *runs in circles because of desperation madness* :oP

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:11 AM Quote
Kaizer wrote:
Am I stupid if I wait listening to the song until the CD finally is released?

NOOO!!! I wait to listen The Boy With No Name until was released!! You're really brave!! and trust me, you'll enjoy it as no-one!!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 7:33 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
Kaizer wrote:

NOOO!!! I wait to listen The Boy With No Name until was released!! You're really brave!! and trust me, you'll enjoy it as no-one!!

I couldn't resist :(

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
Kaizer wrote:

No!! I admire you for that. I couldn't resist. I'm so weak!
Every other Travis album was a surprise for me, but this one... I have no will power whatsoever xD.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Yeah, like i've said before, i usually wait but i decided very early on i'd do it differently this time. Its good to do things a little different from time to time. :)

Oh, that's ok Nikki. I knew you liked the song. I look every now and again on YouTube but don't find much at all.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yeah, like i've said before, i usually wait but i decided very early on i'd do it differently this time. Its good to do things a little different from time to time. :)

Oh, that's ok Nikki. I knew you liked the song. I look every now and again on YouTube but don't find much at all.

I'm just listening to stuff as it comes out and I realize that whatever is on youtube or ripped from a radio show is obviously not going to be the same quality as it'll be on the album, so I'm still going to be very surprised when I finally listen to it the whole way through, one song after another...it'll be cool to see how they flow and if there's anything they did to connect the tracks like some of them are on The Invisible Band.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
Yeah, i understand. After hearing Song To Self the other day i thought 'right, that's 3 album versions now. If any more pop up, i won't listen.' And now we realise that Something Anything will be coming out. So that's 4 of them. Haha.

Well live, Chinese Blues goes into J Smith very quickly. And there is a little gap between J Smith and Something Anything but that and Long Way Down just change instantly too. It should be like that on the album because it is great! :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
Excellent, another song! I'm only listening to studio versions, it took me ages to get over the lack of lights and a crowd of gig goers and Dougie's hips in the studio recordings, so I'm trying to not be disappointed again :)

I like STS, but it's definitely a grower. I'm glad that SA is the single, it's much more inyerface. (that's a compliment btw)

mili
mili Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:
Just listened to the uploaded mp3 and the quality is terrible.

Here's a better quality rip

Enjoy!

The link is dead :^( Any chance of redoing it, please? I totally missed this thread!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 11:20 PM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
Kaizer wrote:

Yup, i am waiting to listen all tracks until the released.
Is much better, i think.

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] All Times BST Current Time 12:47 PM