Travis

Re: Mandles--Manly Scented Candles
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 1:41 AM Quote
Here cats say Meow.

When dogs bark they say can say, "wuff wuff" or "arf arf" or "bow wow." Dogs seem to have a bigger English vocabulary than cats, it seems.

I found it interesting that in French (I think it was French??) when something tastes good kids say mium mium and in English it's yummy yummy. It sounds like the same thing backwards.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 3:23 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Hey, Nikki, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but when you were a kid, you know the old rhyme,

I see London, I see France
I see (whoever's) underpants

Did you add on

Not too big, not too small
Just the size of Cobo Hall ?

I was just realizing how regional that part is, and wondered how widespread it was in Michigan.

Heck yes, I sure did! That is awesome that you know that part of the rhyme too!!!! :D

Your lovely neighbours to the north say...
Not to big, not to small, just the size of Montreal.

Although I think that actually goes with Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. Not too big, not too small, just the size of montreal.

I think London, France, Underpants stands on it's own.
I also just sent my friend a postcard that said London, France, Underpants with a pic of Big Ben, The Eifle Tower and a dude in his undies. She is in Korea for the summer. I hope the Koreans dont take offence.

Hmmm...we say: "Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underware." :P

oh ya, that one is kicking around here too.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 3:44 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hilarious, Kayte! :P

My boss refers to "Mandals" as sandals for guys. I guess he doesn't think guys should wear them?? I dunno, sandals on guys don't bug me as long as they don't wear socks with 'em! lol! But flip flops on guys kinda freak me out. It's too girly I think. Unless you're at a beach.

what the hell ? flip flops are uber manly

physke
physke Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 8:27 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I found it interesting that in French (I think it was French??) when something tastes good kids say mium mium and in English it's yummy yummy. It sounds like the same thing backwards.

well we simply say "hmmmm" . "hmmmm" refers to other things to: when you think of stg again you say "hmmmm". When you get angry you can still say "hmmmm" . Basic Turkish:)

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:26 AM Quote
physke wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

well we simply say "hmmmm" . "hmmmm" refers to other things to: when you think of stg again you say "hmmmm". When you get angry you can still say "hmmmm" . Basic Turkish:)

I guess it shows that when we are thinking, or our mind wonders and we start thinking about food, forgetting what we were thinking about in the first place...

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:34 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

When dogs bark they say can say, "wuff wuff" or "arf arf" or "bow wow." Dogs seem to have a bigger English vocabulary than cats, it seems.

Can somebody dig out the Eddie Izzard sketch about Tin Tin's dog that says "woooa woooa". It cracks me up!

physke
physke Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:28 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Can somebody dig out the Eddie Izzard sketch about Tin Tin's dog that says "woooa woooa". It cracks me up!

Hmmmm (I'm getting angry - and yeah, hungry as well:)) I can't find it in youtube, do you have a link Moray?

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
http://runningrooster.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/sandal_socks2.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_zrfr17_tq1o/R9mVIaqRELI/AAAAAAAAANQ/ZtCX7CamfB8/s1600/socks%2Band%2Bsandals.jpg

http://www.smackshopping.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/socks%20and%20sandals.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

My boss refers to "Mandals" as sandals for guys. I guess he doesn't think guys should wear them?? I dunno, sandals on guys don't bug me as long as they don't wear socks with 'em! lol! But flip flops on guys kinda freak me out. It's too girly I think. Unless you're at a beach.

LOL...they are soooooo not, mazn!

physke
physke Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
This is my suggestion for the guy wearing flip flops in mozman's thread:
http://www.toesox.com/ZenCart/images/uploads/socks2w.jpg

and I said earlier that I hate especially white socks in sandals. I've just found out that black ones are worse:
http://scienceblogs.com/transcript/upload/2006/08/SS2.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:12 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Nikki wrote:

LOL...they are soooooo not, mazn!

THEY ARE SO !

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 4:30 PM