Travis

Re: Old (age) Travis Fans
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 03 Aug, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
erikausagi wrote:

oh yeah!! this thread rules!! now you guys, erm, I mean, grannies ;) tell us our memories when you were young and when everything was better than now... oh yeah! those good times!! lol

*you know, I'm just kidding*

When I was a kid, the air was cleaner, the food tasted better, the music was real, and the morning lasted all day, all day. And if you wanted to know something, you went to the library yourself and looked it up, by golly! Frame me and hang me on the wall.

So, I've been thinking about what Nikki said. After standing out in the cold, I'm going to have to outrun my fellow concert goers to the front of the stage. That's not going to be good for my hips and knees. I better start taking my glucosamine with chondroitin. Do you think Fran would sign my knee brace if I asked him nicely?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 03 Aug, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
you left out the radio played more music then talk shows

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 12:10 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
http://www.meganwilson.com/subtexts/Rainatbus.jpg

here's a picture of little nikki

I lived on a school bus as a child? That's far out, mazn. I like the flowers in the hair too. ^.^

aawww!!! cool!!! I wish to live in a bus!! lol yeah, flowers in the hair and live in a bus... soo hippie!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 3:29 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
erikausagi wrote:

oh yeah!! this thread rules!! now you guys, erm, I mean, grannies ;) tell us our memories when you were young and when everything was better than now... oh yeah! those good times!! lol

*you know, I'm just kidding*

When I was a kid, the air was cleaner, the food tasted better, the music was real, and the morning lasted all day, all day. And if you wanted to know something, you went to the library yourself and looked it up, by golly! Frame me and hang me on the wall.

So, I've been thinking about what Nikki said. After standing out in the cold, I'm going to have to outrun my fellow concert goers to the front of the stage. That's not going to be good for my hips and knees. I better start taking my glucosamine with chondroitin. Do you think Fran would sign my knee brace if I asked him nicely?

Kayte, I will carry you if I have to! We are so getting a front row spot in Detroit. LOL...how hilarious would that look?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 4:50 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Kayte, I will carry you if I have to! We are so getting a front row spot in Detroit. LOL...how hilarious would that look?

Please tell someone to take pics of that moment and post them if you do carry her to the front row!!!!!!!!

silvella
silvella Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 9:38 AM Quote
mili wrote:

Oh, I'm envious! In 1984 Finland was such a backwater that we didn't get many bands visiting. It was early 1980's when I saw Hanoi Rocks live. They weren't famous just yet, and I wasn't sure if the singer (the blond one) was a man or a woman…

He hasn't changed that much ;^)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t182/Barbariantwins/MichaelMonroe_jpg.jpg

Oh no, don't be envious!!! I was when my friends got tickets for the DM tour last year (or two years ago? Time runs when you get OLD!!)- I missed that.

I haven't known Hanoi Rocks yet, are they finnish guys? The singer looks freaky - a bit like Billy Idol with long hair...

silvella
silvella Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 9:46 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

... and we "downloaded" the charts every saturday evening from the radio and we sorely missed a third hand for the pause button! Hey, and all these downloads were legal and for free!! And we could copy them a thousand times - if we had a twin tape deck!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 10:03 AM Quote
silvella wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

... and we "downloaded" the charts every saturday evening from the radio and we sorely missed a third hand for the pause button! Hey, and all these downloads were legal and for free!! And we could copy them a thousand times - if we had a twin tape deck!

Aaaaaah the good ol' days!

mili
mili Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 11:02 AM Quote
silvella wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I once went to a party, where a tape was playing in the background. After one song I expected to hear a certain other song, which came, and then another expected one and finally a bit, where the presenter talked over one song. I had to check it wasn't my tape, but instead it was a case of recording the songs from the same radio show.

mili
mili Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 11:27 AM Quote
silvella wrote:
mili wrote:

Oh, I'm envious! In 1984 Finland was such a backwater that we didn't get many bands visiting. It was early 1980's when I saw Hanoi Rocks live. They weren't famous just yet, and I wasn't sure if the singer (the blond one) was a man or a woman…

He hasn't changed that much ;^)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t182/Barbariantwins/MichaelMonroe_jpg.jpg

Oh no, don't be envious!!! I was when my friends got tickets for the DM tour last year (or two years ago? Time runs when you get OLD!!)- I missed that.

I haven't known Hanoi Rocks yet, are they finnish guys? The singer looks freaky - a bit like Billy Idol with long hair...

Hanoi Rocks are Finnish, apparently they were role models for Guns 'n' Roses…
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcZr4ky8jo&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aM4BqmRA9WM

I've seen DM twice this century, and Dave Gahan still RAWKS.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

That's a kind offer, but I have my senior dignity to uphold. You may, however, use my cane to whack the knee caps of others to clear a path for me. You're a true blue She-Devil, dear.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
ahhhh...the best part of being old like us is the concerts we have been able to see and now we can afford to see the ones you young whippersnappers have trouble paying for....

My favorites....The Smiths, The Dead Kennedys, The Art of Noise (first concert ever in the U.S.), the original Red Hot Chili Peppers, original INXS, Squeeze, Oingo Boingo....damn....in my old age I'm even starting to forget all the kewl concerts I've been to....

Being old RAWKS!!! (especially since I still get carded ; )....)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 3:33 PM Quote
oh yeah shows were like 4-5 dollars for 10 years at least . I think when I saw Zeppelin it was 6.50 , those money grubbing bastards.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD !

it meant something then too , what I don't remember

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Edit: Hey Alexandria!! Nice to see ya around! Go read what Fran said about the show in Detroit if ya havent yet! :D

I know how awesome was that eh!? I feel special now ahaha I can't wait till they come back to Detroit or Toronto, I haven't figured which one I'll be going to yet but hopefully I'll be able to see you again!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 10 Aug, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
alexandria_z wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Edit: Hey Alexandria!! Nice to see ya around! Go read what Fran said about the show in Detroit if ya havent yet! :D

I know how awesome was that eh!? I feel special now ahaha I can't wait till they come back to Detroit or Toronto, I haven't figured which one I'll be going to yet but hopefully I'll be able to see you again!

Yes! That would be fun times! Come to the Detroit show...better yet, come to both! :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 3:40 AM