Travis

International distribution for "Ode"?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 3:17 AM Quote
We all know that Travis are releasing the new album under their independent label Red Telephone Box, but last I heard they were still in the process of finding a label for international distribution of the new album. Anyone know what's going on with that? I'm sure everything will get worked out, if it hasn't already, I'm just getting nervous/excited! :)

Re: International distribution for
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 3:42 AM Quote
Well, I'm kind of worried cause in Mexico the distribution of their albums is not quite good, so I'm hoping that everything will be solved out by the time the new album shall be released :oS. In the meantime I just can't wait anymore xD.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 3:52 AM Quote
I hear ya!

heich
heich Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:05 AM Quote
i made the same question some time ago but everybody ignored me =(

http://travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=8629#154530

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
heich wrote:

Ooops, sorry Heich. If I saw it I would have just bumped your thread.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
I'm worried about that too (although I try not to lose my head in advance). It wouldn't be the first time a band I love stops releasing albums in Argentina :o/

heich
heich Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:18 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
heich wrote:

Ooops, sorry Heich. If I saw it I would have just bumped your thread.

its ok, actually i didnt put the link to show that it was already posted, it was more to emphasize that nobody has answer that question

i always wonder about those details such as the international distribution, labels and so on, even though some people dont even notice them. I think Travis will sign with a major label for the distribution; and as i said on the other thread, they might do something similar as Oasis did. Actually i think Travis is on a very similar situation as Oasis was.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:42 AM Quote
heich wrote:

i always wonder about those details such as the international distribution, labels and so on, even though some people dont even notice them. I think Travis will sign with a major label for the distribution; and as i said on the other thread, they might do something similar as Oasis did. Actually i think Travis is on a very similar situation as Oasis was.

Yeah, I think that's quite possible. Many bands do that.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 1:08 PM Quote
I hope that everything will be ok in september, because in here (italy) they don't consider so much travis' album... And we don't have travis' singles or EP. Not at all. Ever.
So... I'll probably order the album on internet, but I would love to see Ode to J. Smith on a shelf in a music store.
Really.

DANIBLU3001
DANIBLU3001 Posted Sun 27 Jul, 2008 4:27 AM Quote
i hope see the new album here in South America the band can't ignore us.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 28 Jul, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
I wondered the same thing, but i figured worst case i will just ordered it online.

yonan
yonan Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 4:27 AM Quote
worst come to worst, i think some major label will snap it for international release. my money's on SonyBMG, who did distribution for their Independiente releases. it's almost impossible that a band as huge as Travis (even though they may not be THAT huge now) gets snubbed by the majors for distribution.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:54 PM