Travis

Laptop Update
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 7:37 PM Quote
Hello people and thanks for all the comments (a while ago) about getting a Mac. I'm typing on mine right now. It took a lil time to get going but it's nice. Loving the podcasts. So yeah, thanks again. :)

Re: Laptop Update
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 7:52 PM Quote
What did you get?

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
Hi, thanks for asking. I got the regular Macbook in black, no way would it be in white lol. I've set up most of the stuff, just need to get Windows installed. It would have been nice to get a more detailed manual, but you can look up most of what you need help in. So far, I'm not a fan of how their folders are arranged, it's way easier in Windows. And their weird way to do the right click is not cool. In any case, I don't think I'll be one of those omg Mac is the best ever. But since this is my first laptop, I like a lot of the other features. And I use my pc for whatever I can't figure out on Mac lol. Do you have a Mac? What features do you like on it?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
I work with both at work. You will get used to the Mac OS . The new one was different to what mac users were used to. You will get there in the end.
Wise choice with the black. Most white ones look a little grubby after a while. Not nice.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Mac rocks! I've been a Windows person ever since I got my first computer when I was a kid and had a second thought when I tended to get a Mac for the first time earlier this year. Wisest choice I have ever made (especially thanks to Fran because I remember his praising Mac when Efrat was asking what to buy as a new computer on the old board)! In like no time you get used to this little thing and soon after Windows starts to look like a stranger to you. Sound and image quality is much better in Mac. Although I still use my good old WIndows for Excel and Word at times. But that is why I am lazy to find an alternate for those on Mac.

But then again, there is no point in saying all these now as you have already made your mind and join to the Mac family. :-P Good choice! Live happily ever after. :-)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
An alternative ????? just buy office for mac problem solved.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:09 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

That makes it even clearer how dumb I am on these technological stuff, doesn't it? :-P
And yes, I know about it and will get one soon. As I said, I am a laaaazy arse and proud.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:28 PM Quote

Lol @ 'buy'.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
Stealing is wrong. :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 1:07 PM Quote
Stealing is wrong. :)

Lol well said! I'm PROUD of you!!! ;p

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
It would mean more if i didnt work an institution and job where i get it for free.

:)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 1:29 PM Quote
Copyright infringement is not stealing though.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:04 PM Quote
Good choice on the Mac.

mili
mili Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:17 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Copyright infringement is not stealing though.

Careful out there! I'm not sure how the latest Office likes to be installed to multiply of machines. If there's an online activation needed, then "borrowing" it somewhere is not an option.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 2:39 PM Quote
As long as you don't register it, as many people as you want can enter the licence key.

Allegedly.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:16 AM