Re: CHECK OUT THIS IDEA
Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:05 PM Quote
:O!
keep the ideas coming! xD

damon
damon Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:51 PM Quote
i would consider that quite difficult, the writting a song process is backword you're thinking, first you need the music, or the melodical line, i mean, first fran would write his guitar part (melodical one), then, would add the lyrics, the lyrics must rhyme some how, while you sing them they must last more less the same time:
for example why does it always rain on me:
intro from 0:00 - 0:28
first line: 0:28 - 0:31 (4 seconds),,, one second music,
second line 0:32 - 0:36 (4 seconds),,, one sencod music,
third line 0:37 - 0:41 (3 seconds),,,,

and continue, and the rest,

after you match the chords (travis almost always consider 4 chords for a line, in the case of why does it always rain on me, is one chord per line in the verse) with the lyric you star adding the musical arragments, like bridges, solos, bass lines, drums, etc etc..

all of this must match with metronome, first the music with drums, then bass then 1st guitar,,,

as you can see, the process of writting a song is quite much difficult from what it seems,

i would suggest, some of us star a melodical line "travis like",,, tape us in video, upload it in youtube, and thennnn... we would add some boardies lyrics,,,

What you think??

cheers

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
Fran's pretty clever, I reckon he could cope :P

In the meantime, we should carry on writing the poem. Maybe someone else can write a tune later as a substitute.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 3:22 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
It’s a nice thought, but I agree that it’d be way too difficult to pull all of our ideas together. If we all wrote a line it wouldn’t make much sense. :/

Travis does spoil us a lot. They’re always surprising me. Like the time we recorded our versions of “Friends” based on Fran’s lyrics and then he secretly made that funny YouTube video for us to find! He’s so fun! :)

Even the fact that Fran openly encouraged us to make our own versions of the song was great. And i also like how they don't hold back from us to all share with each other- MP3s and that. Album leaks, new songs and live versions are practically pushed by the band. Other bands get totally anal about that *points to Metallica and the whole Napster thing* but our band are just the best

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Nikki wrote:
It’s a nice thought, but I agree that it’d be way too difficult to pull all of our ideas together. If we all wrote a line it wouldn’t make much sense. :/

Travis does spoil us a lot. They’re always surprising me. Like the time we recorded our versions of “Friends” based on Fran’s lyrics and then he secretly made that funny YouTube video for us to find! He’s so fun! :)

Even the fact that Fran openly encouraged us to make our own versions of the song was great. And i also like how they don't hold back from us to all share with each other- MP3s and that. Album leaks, new songs and live versions are practically pushed by the band. Other bands get totally anal about that *points to Metallica and the whole Napster thing* but our band are just the best

Very true! And I also love that they encourage pictures at gigs too...and when security guards get grumpy, Fran tells them to let the fans take pics and video right from the stage and says he wants to see 'em up on YouTube, lol!

I don't get why some bands wouldn't want that. It's free publicity and if you have a sweet Tour Archive like Travis', it's a great way to get fans involved and excited about the band.

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 8:53 AM Quote
I'm sat here at work and have just read an article about that fact that a village near London is going to be demolished to make way for a new runway for Heathrow Airport. That's so out of order!! And hypocritical of the Government who say that air travel is bad for the environment etc.. Anyway, it insipired some possible lyrics for a song.....

Now we're not so sure about that holiday
Because they tell us 'don't go faraway'
But yet they build another runway

Any idea's for more lines?? Or does it just sound like an almighty pile of cack?!!

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
Hodgy wrote:
I'm sat here at work and have just read an article about that fact that a village near London is going to be demolished to make way for a new runway for Heathrow Airport. That's so out of order!! And hypocritical of the Government who say that air travel is bad for the environment etc.. Anyway, it insipired some possible lyrics for a song.....

Now we're not so sure about that holiday
Because they tell us 'don't go faraway'
But yet they build another runway

Any idea's for more lines?? Or does it just sound like an almighty pile of cack?!!

Wipe me off the slate, I never existed
Memories are faint, when paved under concrete

-------------------

Tourists from a foreign land, pass through on their vacation
This airport is no-ones home, I've lost my destination

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:26 AM