Travis

Re: Your Greatest Travis moment
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 2:41 AM Quote
cornax wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

Fran's face on this video when I tell him that I was the one who left a comment every single day on his MySpace :oP.

That was awesome! Absolutely 100% genuine recognition on his part. Fab!

Aahh, I love that vid Almond. It's so cute :o)

I haven't had (is that correct English??) many Travis "live" moments. They are all stuck in three days of last november.
The whole experience was stunning. There are several songs of the only gig I've been to that are even more special than the others, for different reasons: WTRY (my favourite Travis song of all times, hearing it live for the first time was magical), Sing (the crowd singing "nothing, nothing" made it great), U16 Girls and Pipe Dreams (both totally unexpected and mindblowing), Love Will Come Through (the crowd singing the riff...)...
I could go on and on and end up naming every song they played that night xD.
So I agree with monkey, every Travis moment is the greatest :o)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:24 AM Quote
Craig wrote:
this has gotta be my top travis moment after the bournemouth gig where i met the band for the 1st time. was invited into soundcheck as well!! and i had this great pic taken with me fran and dougie after the show!!! was great will never forget it!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/travisrocker/DSC00741.jpg

and then this photo with fran outside the reading hexagon gig on the same tour!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/travisrocker/DSC00946.jpg

Craig these pics are really sweet. Glad that you got to meet them.

gaby
gaby Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 4:26 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
isn't every Travis moment the greatest! ;)

agree! hope to have another Travis moment in the near future ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:39 AM Quote
Finally getting the chance last summer to meet Travis and hear Dougie and Fran sing an acoustic set so up close. Oh, what a great moment!!!! And I can't pick out one moment from the concert that followed that night....just amazing. I was on a happy Travis cloud for like 3 months.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Finally getting the chance last summer to meet Travis and hear Dougie and Fran sing an acoustic set so up close. Oh, what a great moment!!!! And I can't pick out one moment from the concert that followed that night....just amazing. I was on a happy Travis cloud for like 3 months.

Is does last that long, does it? I swear all i did for months after i saw them last summer was watch every youtube video i could find over and over and over and over. For hours on end. If it didnt make me so happy i would say it was pretty pathetic.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Is does last that long, does it? I swear all i did for months after i saw them last summer was watch every youtube video i could find over and over and over and over. For hours on end. If it didnt make me so happy i would say it was pretty pathetic.

Oh, me too! And it's all I talked about as well...to everyone! I'm sure I was pretty annoying, lol...but I don't care cuz I love 'em. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Joanna Hanner wrote:
i usually just read and don't post but i had to share this one. i probably wouldn't call it the 'greatest' travis moment but its a pretty friggin good story: i got chucked at a travis show when i was like 6 or 7 months preggers. not funny at the time but funny now :) i'm pretty much awesome.

Please give me more details about this. I'm very intrigued.

Me too! Please explain! What the heck did ya do? o.O

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
Beyond the obvious one (meeting the band at the aftershow party in '99 and getting a hug from Fran, and introduced to his mum), I'm going to have to go with Barrowlands. I forget when, but must have been sometime in the early 2000's. I was standing next to my younger sister and during Driftwood she just spontaneously burst into tears! It was just a totally positive outburst of emotion. She was laughing and smiling at the time, if that makes sense. Just really in the moment I think.

Either that or back to the show in 99. Down the front row, up against the barrier, when in a mixture of excitement, nervousness (first ever gig), exhaustion, dehydration etc I threw up over the barrier and had to be hauled out by the security guard and told to stand at the side. I can still see me older sister this time shouting "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING MY BROTHER!". haha.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Beyond the obvious one (meeting the band at the aftershow party in '99 and getting a hug from Fran, and introduced to his mum), I'm going to have to go with Barrowlands. I forget when, but must have been sometime in the early 2000's. I was standing next to my younger sister and during Driftwood she just spontaneously burst into tears! It was just a totally positive outburst of emotion. She was laughing and smiling at the time, if that makes sense. Just really in the moment I think.

Either that or back to the show in 99. Down the front row, up against the barrier, when in a mixture of excitement, nervousness (first ever gig), exhaustion, dehydration etc I threw up over the barrier and had to be hauled out by the security guard and told to stand at the side. I can still see me older sister this time shouting "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING MY BROTHER!". haha.

Awww...poor Moray! Did they eventually let you have your spot back, or did you watch the rest of the show from the side? I know that feeling though...the excitement is almost overwhelming! During the WDIAROM pogo, I was going so crazy that I had to stop and when I did I started gaging because there were too many people around me and it sorta maybe me dizzy and freaked me out, lol.

Driftwood is one of those songs that can do that to you...I remember looking at my boyfriend's face during that song cuz it's one of his favorites and he had a lil tear in his eye!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

Similar thing happened at the most recent Barrowlands gig.. Some girl (can't remember her name) fainted in the front row and had to be hauled out.

I was surprised to see her back at the front no later than 10 minutes after!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Oh, me too! And it's all I talked about as well...to everyone! I'm sure I was pretty annoying, lol...but I don't care cuz I love 'em. :)

I hear ya! I started so many conversations with "well, at the Travis concert..." "There is this Travis song..." "Fran said to us..." "I found this youtube video if a Travis show in..." and im pretty sure all my friends started to hate me!
I was on a really long roadtrip last summer and one of my friends finally gave in and was like "okay, which Travis cd should we listen to?" and that was the hardest decision of my life! What cd to start a person of with when all they have heard is me talking about them?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I hear ya! I started so many conversations with "well, at the Travis concert..." "There is this Travis song..." "Fran said to us..." "I found this youtube video if a Travis show in..." and im pretty sure all my friends started to hate me!
I was on a really long roadtrip last summer and one of my friends finally gave in and was like "okay, which Travis cd should we listen to?" and that was the hardest decision of my life! What cd to start a person of with when all they have heard is me talking about them?

LOL! That's so funny! What CD did you end up starting with? I usually let people borrow "The Man Who" first. On our little weekend road trip to western Michigan with my mom and aunt, my mom turned to me and said "Do you have '12 Memories' with you? I want to hear 'Love Will Come Through.'" I was so happy. My mom rules. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 8:09 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

LOL! That's so funny! What CD did you end up starting with? I usually let people borrow "The Man Who" first. On our little weekend road trip to western Michigan with my mom and aunt, my mom turned to me and said "Do you have '12 Memories' with you? I want to hear 'Love Will Come Through.'" I was so happy. My mom rules. :)

aww, your mom sounds awesome!
I believe we started with the Invisable Band. It was almost a year ago, so i cant be 100% sure, but i think thats what it was. And when we got home she asked me to send her ever Travis song i had! Yes! I will win you over non-Travis loving people!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

Fran's face on this video when I tell him that I was the one who left a comment every single day on his MySpace :oP.

how cool :)

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
omg,you make me so jealous!
Actually,I've been in a Travis gig once,but I've had no time to meet them.
I'm not sure about my greatest one,but I'll never forget the moment when a huge man appeared suddenly in my view just a few minutes before Travis came to stage!I felt so angry and hopeless.I tried to move,but it was impossible!
(I hope the grammar is correct!)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:36 PM