Travis

From Argentina to Scotland
lerish
lerish Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
Hi everyone!!

Well, I'm traveling to Scotland next September 30th for 4 days and I'll be visiting Edinburgh and Glasgow. This is my first big trip to Europe and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations about which places we (my friends and I) should visit there. Any great pub? Any important place, say Fran's youth neighbourhood?

Oh... How I wish they would play while I'm there...

Thanks a lot!

Leti

Re: From Argentina to Scotland
Eledh
Eledh Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 2:07 AM Quote
The bar fly. It's in Glasgow, I don't remember the road but it's basically on the river. You just go there and walk down the river and you'll find it.
It's a little pub, Travis did play there at the beginning and it's really cute.
Maybe if you search a bit you can find a couple of live-music nights ;)
Just look around.

lerish
lerish Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 7:23 PM Quote

Thanks Eledh! I'll do more research... ; ) I can't wait to get there...

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
If the Glasgow Barfly is anything like the Camden Barfly, it's great if you wanna get laid while yer up there.

lerish
lerish Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:09 PM Quote

Mmmm... that's not my idea... Got a boyfriend! :) But my friends don't, so perhaps we'll go there to see if they can get something... anything! ;) I'll chaperone and have a couple of beers...

L.

Calgary
Calgary Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
you have to visit the horseshoe bar in glasgow!! I think dougie and neil used to work there before travis and they rehearsed there when they were starting out! you also have to visit the barras (barrowlands) to see a band, any band, best venue in the world!!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
lerish wrote:

Mmmm... that's not my idea... Got a boyfriend! :) But my friends don't, so perhaps we'll go there to see if they can get something... anything! ;) I'll chaperone and have a couple of beers...

L.

Just tell em to make sure they don't catch owt off them, Weegies are dirrrty.

;D

lerish
lerish Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:34 PM Quote
Calgary wrote:
you have to visit the horseshoe bar in glasgow!! I think dougie and neil used to work there before travis and they rehearsed there when they were starting out! you also have to visit the barras (barrowlands) to see a band, any band, best venue in the world!!

Great! Thanks Calgary. I'm taking down notes...

lerish
lerish Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:44 PM Quote
Quote:

Just tell em to make sure they don't catch owt off them, Weegies are dirrrty.

;D

I'll tell them... So you are saying that they should stay away from weggies? (I've just learned a new word! WEGGIES! : P) And what about guys who live in Edinburgh? Do they have a name?

We are counting on Scottish guys! ; ) They are said to be very funny and similar to Argentineans... Don't know if that's good or bad.

L.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:55 AM Quote
lerish wrote:

We are counting on Scottish guys! ; ) They are said to be very funny and similar to Argentineans... Don't know if that's good or bad.

L.

They are? I'm not sure if it's good either. Most argentinian guys are bigheads xD.

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 2:34 AM Quote
Hope they are nothing like that, Juli : )

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 2:35 AM Quote
Calgary wrote:
you have to visit the horseshoe bar in glasgow!!

Oh yes, it's in a little alley, but you can find it, it's in the center of Glasgow, not so hard to find out and...
It has a TRAVIS sign outside...
So... You can't possibly be wrong ;)

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 2:37 AM Quote
Great!!! So I'll to save space in my memory card for the 1524 pics I'll take next to it! : )

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
Barfly's not bad for a wee gig right enough. Usually two or three (mostly) good unsigned bands from around Glasgow play there most nights.
See if there's anyone on at the Barrowlands cos thats always amazing. If you go over the West End you should go to Ashton Lane which has great pubs and places to eat. I'd particularly reccomend Jinty McGuinty's if you go there.

Have fun!

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 2:38 PM Quote

Thanks Peculiar! Great info!

FYI: I found out yesterday that I was registered as Leticia and Lerish :S

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:46 AM