Travis

Re: Sarah
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
Well I think all that was utter bollocks of the highest order.

Hidden tracks are completely pointless. Blue Flashing Light is a perfect 11th track. How a few seconds of silence makes any difference, I have no idea.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
I could come back on every single one of those comments but I'd only be repeating myself.

But some: its not about being lazy. Why not have the whole album on one track? Because its ridiculous. So is having 2 songs on one track. Completely pointless.

Comparing an album to a gig is nonsense anyway. 2 totally different experiences.

I don't think by adding 1, its exactly forcing another song onto the album. There's 14 on TBWNN. My example used 12.

Muse are 'wank' in your opinion. Fine. I didn't say Travis ought to do what Muse do. I was using the example that it can work if you mix styles.

And about the style of song totally not fitting, like I said, if it is way out of place, don't put it on.

Fran was the first to mention album 7 and he keeps saying he wants to release quicker albums. Are we not allowed from mentioning album 7 at all.

After all that, I think I replied to most of what you said.

Ps. I know I'm not great with words.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
If it makes no difference, why get so worked up over it to the point where you stay up all night arguing over the validity of their existence?

Nice of you discuss what you think about what I put, rather than just dismissing it out of hand as 'bollocks' (nice, turning my own word back on me, you work them brain cells bro!) and looking like a halfwit who can't argue his point.

Oh, wait...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Makes no difference in whether the song fits or not. That is what I meant. A few seconds of silence shouldn't turn it from a 'totally out of place song' to a song that deserves it's place on it. Blue Flashing Light is fine as the 11th track.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
If it makes no difference, why get so worked up over it to the point where you stay up all night arguing over the validity of their existence?

Nice of you discuss what you think about what I put, rather than just dismissing it out of hand as 'bollocks' (nice, turning my own word back on me, you work them brain cells bro!) and looking like a halfwit who can't argue his point.

Oh, wait...

And that is actually quite personal. So if anyone has made themselves look like a 'halfwit', you have.

It is an opinion that doesn't deserve such a sharp response.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Esteban wrote:

Oh, wait...

And that is actually quite personal. So if anyone has made themselves look like a 'halfwit', you have.

It is an opinion that doesn't deserve such a sharp response.

Turning it back on me again! Twice in one page! You got them argument tactics locked down, man. Props to YOU.

I cannot believe that I need to clarify this, given that I already said what makes me think you're a bit slow upstairs, but here we go.

It is not your opinion that drew the sharp reponse, it's you coming onto the thread and dismissing what I said as 'bollocks'. At least when I said what you wrote was 'bollocks', I explained what I thought about it was 'bollocks'.

I've no intention of getting into a personal slating match with you. I'm interested in debating the points raised. If we can't do that without you turning around and calling someones views 'bollocks' without substantiating that opinion, then we're clearly going to struggle.

Also, as a footnote, not being good with words is a pretty lame backtrack. Anyone of your age can articulate themself without just calling something 'bollocks', so don't even try to hide behind that.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
Thank you again. You know nothing about me. I'd be careful with phrases like, 'anyone of your age can...'

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
Can't believe how rude you are to another person.

It is disgusting.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Guys, this is getting a bit personal, we don't want an argument about a song which we almost all agree is amazing. You're both good guys, don't get too annoyed about it.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
Correction : The overwhelmingly vast majority of people your age can articulate themselves more clearly than just to say that something is 'utter bollocks'. Good.

Are you suggesting that you cannot, and that I should make special dispensation for you? Because if that is the case, I am happy to.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Guys, this is getting a bit personal, we don't want an argument about a song which we almost all agree is amazing. You're both good guys, don't get too annoyed about it.

The argument is not about the song, it's about something else that has come up in the course of the thread. I appreciate you making peace and that, but there's really no aggression from my side here, I'm just debating vigorously ;-)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Can't believe how rude you are to another person.

It is disgusting.

We've both called each others opinion bollocks, and I've called you a halfwit. Although that doesn't make us even, it does make us both guilty of rudeness. Please don't try and claim the moral high ground.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
*hides in the corner* I feel bad for ever bringing up the possibility of "Sarah" as a hidden track now.

Be nice, boys!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
I didn't mean to kill the thread though, sorry.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 11:39 PM Quote
Jeepers creepers!

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:43 AM