Travis

Re: Sarah
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
It's so hard to imagine a 'great' album, but now I am totally sure that OTJS is going to be stunning :D

Thank goodness Claes joined the band, to think that Sarah may never have been recorded otherwise!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
Well said James. Agree with you this time. LOL

I kind of want Claes to be announced as an official 5th member. He's added so much to the band. His gorgeous piano playing has given some of these new songs a real rich depth that I feel previous Travis tracks have lacked at times.

Sarah would probably never have been recorded without Claes and Chinese Blues would be totally different and nowhere near as exciting without his piano. I really hope he continues to work with Travis. :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
I am too much in love with Sarah at the moment to even describe it, I love how the guitar are on the left and the piano is on the right, what a beautiful song!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
Exactly James. That's why it should be on album 7. ;) haha. I understand your point. If it was an album that would be out in 3 years, I'd agree. But we'll probably know the track listing or release date or something only 12 months from now. :) How exciting.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Think about it though, do you want an extra new song on the album or not? :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
I see where you're going...

No. I want Sarah. ;) It is beautiful. I cannot imagine them writing 11 or 12 better songs than it to go on the album. It is the perfect last but one track. And if they do come up with enough songs to knock it off the track listing, save some for album 8. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Wow...now we're talking album 8! LMAO!

*playing "Sarah" over and over*

I think my favorite part is when Fran sings "Upon the creeping vine...vine"...his voice goes lower on that second "vine" and it just makes me MELT.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Wow...now we're talking album 8! LMAO!

*playing "Sarah" over and over*

I think my favorite part is when Fran sings "Upon the creeping vine...vine"...his voice goes lower on that second "vine" and it just makes me MELT.

I agree!!!!
I fell in love with the song after three seconds. Seriously, three seconds and I thought it was one of the most beautiful songs ever. Then I thought "ok, maybe I just hurried up and it won't fulfill my expectations". But as it went by my first impression was confirmed! I looooooooooooooooove this song!
Love the piano (go Claes!), the combination with the guitar and Fran's voice. I heart Fran's lower voice.
And the lyrics are gorgeous. It's such a beautiful song! It's stuck in my head.

Craig
Craig Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
totally agree with you all these songs are great!! im in love with sarah already, defo agree its sumthing out of a musical piano and guitar blend is very good!! try listening on sum decent headphones sounds amazing

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
Sarah seems to be the most popular Travis b side ever!!! I really hope it becomes an album track. It's better than more than half of all other Travis album tracks, certainly. Top 20 Travis song for me.

Nikki, LOL. I know! But if we go by what Fran says, it'll be out in 2 years time. :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
I reckon that the next b-side showdown could be very interesting, I don't know whether 20's secure, but I can see LASOTP losing it's 2nd place.

EDIT: I'm already looking forward to the album in my 21st birthday year, album 9 I believe :P

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
Just now heard the J Smith EP for the first time. I'm liking the sound of Sarah a lot - upon first listen, I like it much better than Get Up. And possibly also like it better than J Smith. But early days yet, now is the fun part of getting to know the tracks better.

joemono
joemono Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
deserves to be the penultimate track on the 7th album

What kind of song do you think could follow Sarah as the closing track for album 7?

By the way, I love that we're already talking about album 7. :P Travis fans are never satisfied.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
Love, love, love this song. The piano is so beautiful. I'm having a hard time describing why I love it so much, but I can't stop listening to it!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:47 PM Quote
Fuck. If I could bottle and sell how the bit from 2.34 from 2.53 makes me feel, I'd be able to retire next weekend.

Severe lump in the throat, this song's got me by the heart.

Solid gold kudos to Claes on this one. This is HIS coming of age in the band, the words are awesome and all but his piano is just.....I don't have the words.

Goosebumps the size of mountains.

Claes, you are the man. Take a bow.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:32 AM