Travis

Re: Get Up
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
Hey this track is growing on me fast , much better since I heard a quality version .

I think the EP is a great mix.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 3:02 AM Quote
I think i should put Get Up in my alarm clock. Nothing like Fran telling me I gotta get up! Especially the whispering to yelling part

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 5:57 AM Quote
At first I wasn't very sure about this song, but now I'm really getting into it, even so Sarah it's my favorite xD.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
It reminds me a bit of KT Tunstall's Black Horse And The Cherry Tree.

Yep I thought exactly the same.

Listening to it the second time this morning, I like it more than last night. I like the first half better than the second half, I reckon it maybe starts to lose it a bit towards the end. The 'Oh you say get up' bridge bit makes the song for me. I like the 'ooh' bit at the end of it especially. :D

I totally agree. I love the "ooh" bit!

I thought the same!
I love Get Up.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 12:30 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I think i should put Get Up in my alarm clock. Nothing like Fran telling me I gotta get up! Especially the whispering to yelling part

I did it... and its a good way to start a new day haha ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 5:40 AM Quote
I love this song more and more every time I listen!!!! The guitar and drums are so freakin' cool and I love when they go "Oooooh you saaaaay it aaaaaaaallllllllll ooooooooOOOO!" :)

Did anyone notice the breathing in the background along to the beat? It's very similar to how hey recorded Dougie doing that heavy breathing into the microphone on "Lovely Rita."

heich
heich Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 9:18 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Did anyone notice the breathing in the background along to the beat? It's very similar to how hey recorded Dougie doing that heavy breathing into the microphone on "Lovely Rita."

omg you are right, when i listened to that i thought i had already done it before, but couldnt remember exactly where

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
heich wrote:
Nikki wrote:

omg you are right, when i listened to that i thought i had already done it before, but couldnt remember exactly where

Actually, I just watched the YouTube video of Travis' "Lovely Rita" cover and it looks like Fran is doing the breathing and Dougie is doing the funny "ahh.ahh.oo.ahhoo" sounds in the background at the end. Either way, you can really tell it influenced them on "Get Up".

urfe
urfe Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 7:57 AM Quote
It sounds very much like Strokes. I wouldn't be surprised if Julian Casablancas with his distorted vocal came out and sang it.

heich
heich Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 2:22 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
And the bass and andy`s guitar

Im not sure of what im going to say, but if i remember correctly, Andy does not play guitar there

Get up has two bass parts (Andy and Dougie), so fran was on the guitar, at least that how they did it live at the shows where they first played ode to j smith...the people who attended the concerts should know that better in case im wrong

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] All Times BST Current Time 9:55 AM