Travis

Re: Get Up
Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Does anyone else think that "Get Up" sounds a lot like U2? It reminds me of "Seconds" or maybe something else from the "War" album.

Is that the song that goes "It takes a second to say goodbye" ?? Because my boyfriend is a big U2 fan and pointed out to me when I first played him TBWNN that "Eyes Wide Open" sounded a lot like that song and, actually, "Get Up" has a similar beat to "Eyes Wide Open." The "You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get up, I don't wanna get up" part sounds a lot like "All these visions in my head, should've gone to bed before the watershed"...or maybe I'm just crazy :P

Yes, that's the one song! I never thought it sounded like "Eyes Wide Open", but at a closer listening I think your boyfriend might be right ;-)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
And does anybody get Sarah and Get Up to can download them?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
Do you mean uploading them to a filesharing site? I won't be because they're widely available, have you tried downloading them?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 2:15 AM Quote
My views on Get Up: the music is great. Neil is a genious and the bass is awesome. It reminds me a bit of KT Tunstall's Black Horse And The Cherry Tree. I love the verses! The first verse in particular, don't know why.
The chorus is a bit too repetitive but after the second listen, I don't mind lol. I'm not sure about the bridge, it's the only thing that I don't really like, and no matter how many times I listen, I still don't like it. Maybe I should give it some time.

I think J. Smith and Sarah are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better tracks, no doubt about it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 2:37 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I love the verses! The first verse in particular, don't know why.
The chorus is a bit too repetitive but after the second listen, I don't mind lol. I'm not sure about the bridge, it's the only thing that I don't really like, and no matter how many times I listen, I still don't like it. Maybe I should give it some time.

I read a comment from a Muse fan recently about a Muse song, and they said that the verse was better than the chorus and i thought 'i've never thought that about any song ever.' Well, i think this about Get Up! The verses are brilliant and I think the bridge is better than the chorus. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 2:49 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I read a comment from a Muse fan recently about a Muse song, and they said that the verse was better than the chorus and i thought 'i've never thought that about any song ever.' Well, i think this about Get Up! The verses are brilliant and I think the bridge is better than the chorus. :)

You think? I actually have a problem with one single line really, not the entire thing :oP. It's the one that goes "you just got, you got, gotta!". I can't explain it (let alone in English), but I feel like it fails to do a good progression to the next part of the song... If it makes any sense. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, so nevermind :oP

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 2:54 AM Quote
I don't know, i lvoe the three songs, But i would leave Sarah as a Bside, Get Up for me is an addictive song, i really enjoy it, it's one of my favorite. but i have a doubt, is it really gonna be on the album? i really hope so

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 2:57 AM Quote
It makes perfect sense. :) I see where you're coming from but I think it's cool. :)

I think Get Up is nowhere near as good as at least 8 others. J Smith is my 8th favourite. Obviously things might change when I hear the album versions but hearing the album versions of these 2, hasn't really changed my mind with either of them. :) Love J Smith, unsure about Get Up but still prefer it over 3 or 4 tracks from TBWNN. :)

Sarah is indeed much better in my opinion. It is amazing.

Yes, Get Up is on the album!!!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 3:04 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
It makes perfect sense. :) I see where you're coming from but I think it's cool. :)

I think Get Up is nowhere near as good as at least 8 others. J Smith is my 8th favourite. Obviously things might change when I hear the album versions but hearing the album versions of these 2, hasn't really changed my mind with either of them. :) Love J Smith, unsure about Get Up but still prefer it over 3 or 4 tracks from TBWNN. :)

You understood what I mean? I'm so proud of myself right now! xD

Well, I love J. Smith and I agree Get Up is nowhere near as good as J. Smith. So if we have simmilar taste on Travis songs, it means that there are 7 songs I'll love more than J. Smith. If that happens, I think I might spontaneously combust after listening to the album :oP

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 3:04 AM Quote
hearin J Smith and Get Up, i just think "Man!! what a big and great album is coming!!!" why 29th september!! why!!!?? lol

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 3:10 AM Quote
Haha. Favourite songs from The Boy? Top 7 (half the album!)?

Mine are:

Selfish Jean, Battleships, Eyes Wide Open, One Night, Big Chair, Closer, My Eyes.

Similar tastes? ;) I think you will prefer others on the album. I can't be sure myself of course. Only going by what I've heard live but these 2 we know are near enough exactly the same.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 3:33 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Haha. Favourite songs from The Boy? Top 7 (half the album!)?

Mine are:

Selfish Jean, Battleships, Eyes Wide Open, One Night, Big Chair, Closer, My Eyes.

Similar tastes? ;) I think you will prefer others on the album. I can't be sure myself of course. Only going by what I've heard live but these 2 we know are near enough exactly the same.

Very!
I'd say (in no particular order though it's the first half of the album lol):

Three Times And You Lose, Selfish Jean, My Eyes, Big Chair, Closer, Battleships, Eyes Wide Open... and Colder, I can't leave that one out, sorry :oP

And One Night is fighting for a spot too.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
I agree totally. 3 times and you lose and Colder would be my next 2 choices. And yes, that 7 of mine wasn't in any particular order. :) It goes off towards the end where as the new album, after a little blip in the middle gets better and better. ;)

Sleep for me! :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 4:08 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

You think? I actually have a problem with one single line really, not the entire thing :oP. It's the one that goes "you just got, you got, gotta!". I can't explain it (let alone in English), but I feel like it fails to do a good progression to the next part of the song... If it makes any sense. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, so nevermind :oP

That's weird...I think that's my favorite part of the song, Juli! lol! I actually think the repetition works on this song. It goes along with the groove of the music. Interesting how people hear things differently.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
My views on Get Up: the music is great. Neil is a genious and the bass is awesome. It reminds me a bit of KT Tunstall's Black Horse And The Cherry Tree. I love the verses! The first verse in particular, don't know why.

I though the same about the similitudes with KT Tunstall's sound... I love the first verse as well "I wish someone would write me a song Or tell me a story So I don't need to worry... "

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:59 PM