Travis

Female talent from the UK
cmusiclives
cmusiclives Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
So first there was Amy Winehouse, super talented, but she's insane.
Abolutely love Adele!
Duffy, Estelle....

And then I found Amy Macdonald
http://a503.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/l_b45d4463fa3f748711227060acbb356e.jpg

Here's a stream of her single Mr. Rock & Roll
She's been getting a great response overseas, and her album is coming out in August in the US

Re: Female talent from the UK
happy_me
happy_me Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
She is a former boardie you know... She's talented and all, but not my cup of tea. I do have her album tho.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
Talking of British females, I think PJ Harvey is pretty good. I've not heard too much, but am a fan of what I have listened to and she's great live. Reckon she's got a lot more balls than a lot of current female musicians.

Saw Bat For Lashes today as well, didn't really think too much of her... Her songs all sounded a bit samey and droney.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 9:33 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Talking of British females, I think PJ Harvey is pretty good. I've not heard too much, but am a fan of what I have listened to and she's great live. Reckon she's got a lot more balls than a lot of current female musicians.

Saw Bat For Lashes today as well, didn't really think too much of her... Her songs all sounded a bit samey and droney.

PJ Harvey is cool :D We painted a picture of her on the door to the ladies room at the student house I'm helping to run.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 10:21 AM Quote
As Happy says Amy Mac is a former boardie and used to plug her songs here a few years ago..... doesn't need to do this anymore it seems :D

never been that keen but good for her that she's made it :)

If we talk Scottish female talent, then KT Tunstall can't be beaten so far

dee
dee Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
As Happy says Amy Mac is a former boardie and used to plug her songs here a few years ago..... doesn't need to do this anymore it seems :D

she may not be the person plugging it here now but her record company are paying others to do so.
google the name of the person who started this thread and you'll find they crop up all over the place on other forums posting pretty much the same stuff about random artists and upcoming events.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

PJ Harvey is fantastic!! Her album "Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea" is one of my all time faves.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
dee wrote:
Ursina wrote:

she may not be the person plugging it here now but her record company are paying others to do so.
google the name of the person who started this thread and you'll find they crop up all over the place on other forums posting pretty much the same stuff about random artists and upcoming events.

cmusiclives is indeed a busy little bee

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
dee wrote:
Ursina wrote:

cmusiclives is indeed a busy little bee

och and I've fallen for it ! lol

cmusiclives
cmusiclives Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
good work.

if you like amy, you like her. i personally do, so i thought ...hey, why not share her music with other music fans that might as well.

i've been a travis fan for a while, seen them in concert, own a t-shirt, the whole deal (if that's why you think would validate me to post about things other than travis here)
it's a shame that having a low post count makes every opinion voiced invalid to some users.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
cmusiclives wrote:
good work.

if you like amy, you like her. i personally do, so i thought ...hey, why not share her music with other music fans that might as well.

i've been a travis fan for a while, seen them in concert, own a t-shirt, the whole deal (if that's why you think would validate me to post about things other than travis here)
it's a shame that having a low post count makes every opinion voiced invalid to some users.

The number of posts does not make you or your opinion less valuable.

My apologies if you just enjoy posting about music on various message boards.

Every once in awhile though a new person pops up and is promoting a band and it can get a bit tiresome. It makes me feel spammed. Again I am sorry if I incorrectly presumed that is what you were doing.

dee
dee Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
cmusiclives wrote:
good work.

don't worry, if you do hang around you will indeed find out that some of the least valuable contributions, by some interpretations at least, are made by people with the highest post count.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
Lol, I had to look at the date of this post to make sure it wasn't two years old or something. I think I can safely say we've all heard of Amy Mac. Even before she released music for that matter.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 1:36 AM Quote
If you lot are serious about this then....

Liz Frazer
Karine Polwart
June Tabor

Go on I dare you, or would you rather sit in your little boxes listening to safe Amy & co. ???

Dubz

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 2:17 PM Quote
For the list:

Isobel Campbell from Belle & Sebastian.

Dolores O'Riordan, but I'm not sure if she's from north or Southern Ireland.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:37 AM