Travis

Re: Your first Travis cd...?
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
mmm.. my first Travis album was The Man Who, and I love it... after several years, this is one of my top 5 fav albums!!!!

RadioMad
RadioMad Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
The Man Who
When it came out it got some good reviews, and I decided to buy it. I don't think I heard a Travis song before, but I got hooked immediately.

I do remember seeing the Glastonbury set on TV that year.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 10:17 AM Quote
My first Travis cd was The Invisible Band, I was in love with them since I saw the WDIAROM video, but I hadn't been able to buy any of their cds, until one day when I found TIB on a sale and it was really, really cheap, I couldn't believe it, so I bought it right away (I couldn't miss that great opportunity!!! :oP). After that I bought Good Feeling and TMW cause after having the TIB cd in my hands with the great artwork of it I was even more in love with them and I couldn't help wanting all the cds :o).

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 12:07 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Good feeling the day after it was released in Hmv Sauciehall st Glasgow.

I'm going to out-old-school you sir. U16 girls CD single, summer of 1997 (can't remember when) in HMV Aberdeen on Union Street. It's not there anymore, it's now a G*Star shop.

I got Good Feeling a week after release for my 16th Birthday in Sept '97.

Ditto , i assumed he meant albums.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
Singles, I got it from Kylie who showed me Travis for the first time!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
It was The Invisible Band, I love it (like all Travis's albums =P).

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
The Invisible Band.

pink_kitten
pink_kitten Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Well, i got The Invicible Band 1st...but just cannot remember the way i got it...but as i heard the first accords of the first song, i became a great TRAVIS-FAN ))

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 6:03 PM Quote
The Man who

flc
flc Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
My first cd was ....(suspens, suspens) ...the INVISIBLE BAND . yeah! And since i listened the cd, i became a big fan :)

blankjane
blankjane Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
Got The Man Who in 2000 after having seen the video for 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me?' Became one of my favorite albums!

CelliMylene
CelliMylene Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
My first cd was Singles, I saw it on a commercial on tv and I really liked the music! ^^ Then came Boy With No Name, and then 12 Memories, the only one I could find. And then TODAY I found the rest three!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) I`m so happy! =D I finaly found them, and all randomly too, I could just as much have missed it, but I didn`t! ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
CelliMylene wrote:
My first cd was Singles, I saw it on a commercial on tv and I really liked the music! ^^ Then came Boy With No Name, and then 12 Memories, the only one I could find. And then TODAY I found the rest three!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) I`m so happy! =D I finaly found them, and all randomly too, I could just as much have missed it, but I didn`t! ;)

Great news! Enjoy them. :)

mersault
mersault Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
My first travis cd was the man who...I'm from rome and i saw this bend on the first page of the q magazine....nobody here knew the band..I thought i could like it..and it's true...one of the best album of the 90s

loria
loria Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
let's see.

i heard a lot of travis on my campus radio station back in '99 and '00, especially wdiarom? and turn, but when someone requested and they played writing to reach you, that's when i started to really pay attention. however, i was at a point in my life where i wasn't buying a lot of albums so i didn't. in '01, a boy i was paying attention to was heavily into sing, and they would play the video a lot in between programs on BBCAmerica, so i finally went out and bought The Invisible Band and The Man Who in '01 after listening to burned copies from friends for awhile there.

bought good feeling soon after that and the rest the day of release :D

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:50 AM