Travis

Your first Travis cd...?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
Hey. Was in Dawlish, Devon yesterday. Special place for me for a couple of reasons, 1 being that I bought my very first Travis album from the Woolworths there. Would have been early 2002 and was The Invisible Band, but I'd been a fan for a little while before that. :)

Got me thinking, can you remember where and when you got your first Travis album or single or whatever it happened to be? Maybe it was a download but that's not quite as exciting. ;)

ps. We need news on the new album!!!!!... :)

Re: Your first Travis cd...?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 2:33 PM Quote
The Man Who was the first Travis album I bought. I loved it so much I went out and got Good Feeling and then bought the others as they came out. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
My parents gave The Invisible Band and the Man Who for my birthday. It was soon after TIB came out.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
The Man Who - bought in the local store, went back to my flat,sat in the big armchair, listened to it right through with emotions in turmoil.
After that I got Good Feelings and then the others as they came out :)

81 Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 3:59 PM Quote
The Man Who......summer 2000. Ciao

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
The Boy With No Name. It's still been less than a year since I heard my first Travis song.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
Singles! and it costed just $2990 pesos (about 6 dollars)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
The Boy With No Name. It's still been less than a year since I heard my first Travis song.

I thought I'd be the only one to say The Boy With No Name lol, but yeah, I bought it around the time it came out last year because a couple of mates were going to the gig and said I should buy a ticket to go with them. I did and I bought the CD after buying the ticket so that I could give the new stuff a listen. So I actually bought a ticket to a Travis gig before my first album lol. After the gig I was amazed by them and one day went online and bought all of the albums and when I'm in town I go to some record shop and look for any Travis singles or promos they are selling.

mili
mili Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
The Man Who. Can't remember where or when, but probably soon after the release, since WDIAROM was the reason to buy it. Then TIB followed by Good Feeling (black cover, the only one I've seen here). After that a log gap, and TBWNN soon after it came out. Bought it at the same time with Editors' An End Has A Start, guess which one has been played more? ;^)
Then I found this place and also about 12 memories, which hadn't had any publicity here. Got it first as a download and later as a cd + the Singles CD + DVD and yhe Ally Pally DVD + various b-sides downloads…

elodie
elodie Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
The Man Who and The Invisible Band at the same time, right after the discovery of More Than Us on a compilation. I remembered exactly the minute when I put the CD on the player and the first chords of Writing To Reach You came in. Fantastic.
I bought Good Feeling a year or so after because I could find it in my town.

laurimus
laurimus Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
The man who was the first Travis cd for me too. I remember I got it on the autumn so it was like a soundtrack for that time. I got the album from my ex-girlfriend so it still has a special meaning to me. There are some songs that really got in to me. Now that album is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard! :D

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 7:12 PM Quote
I got the Invisable Band first. I heard sing on the at the camp I was at so when we we're on a camp field trip I snuck away to the tower records which was across the street and purchased it. Had to sneak my cd player all around the camp so they wouldnt know.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
The Man Who for me too, but only a couple of years ago. I think it was autumn, because it's become a wintery album for me, whereas TIB feels very summery.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
I bought The Man Who in 2000 after seeing a performance of WDIAROM. I listened to it all the way through and loved every song. Then I bought Good Feeling when TIB came out.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:14 PM Quote
I bought "The invisible band" in la FNAC of Barcelona. I remember in that year I was studying english & I took it to my class. I fell in love immediately with that album & the band. I had listened to SING & SIDE on the radio & T.V. Afterwards I bought THE MAN WHO without having heard any song of it before & my love for it was even bigger (My favourite album of TRAVIS & one of the best of all the bands I have). I love TURN. I can remember how I sang with all my strength in Aberdeen. I´ll always remember it/you :-)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:39 AM