Travis

Re: Elbow
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 10:14 PM Quote
When I try to add anything from their shop to my basket, it doesn't work. Anyone else tried?

Incidentally, if you're doubting the value of the boxset, imagine having this on CD and DVD:
Starlings [epic live version]

mili
mili Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 7:26 AM Quote
I decided to order it over the weekend, and it worked just fine.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 9:53 PM Quote
I watched back the thingy on BBC2, and have now decided I'm defo going to the gig next month.. even if I impoverish myself even more. How can you not go after that? My entire whanau including my mum have been watching it.

Reaffirms the album of the year status... think it's even my favourite album ever now.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 7:30 PM Quote
I pressed the red button on Sky and watched the live with the bbc concert orchestra concert and it was superb .. thing is with Elbow they are so so talented and their music is so powerful but it always move me to tears and that's what happened today.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 3:29 PM Quote
Elbow geeks can vote for them in the Brits here!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 15 Mar, 2009 7:37 PM Quote
I've seen a significant number of Elbow gigs over the past 3-4 years. Last night's at Wembley was one of the best. Guy and the rest of the band were on flawless form. Richard Hawley made a guest appearance. The set was 2 hours long.
Oh, and best of all, I was right at the front. Not just close to it, but literally touching the barrier. Biggest stage I've ever seen them perform on.
I do hope tho, that they'll do some smaller venues in the future. What with the price of drinks being astronomical, and the whole venue being huge, Wembley does not tick any boxes for me.
But all in all, it was a brilliant brilliant night.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 15 Mar, 2009 8:31 PM Quote
Saw them in Blackpool last week. Phenomenal.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 15 Mar, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
I so wanted to see them in Plymouth last Wednesday, but I couldn't find a way of fitting it in :( Hopefully they'll be back in smaller venues soon. Glad to hear they're still on amazing form.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 10:42 PM