Travis

Travis playing Cois Fhairrage?!?!
MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 1:49 AM Quote
I am still in shock that Travis will be coming to Kilkee. Its only 10 minutes from my house. This is amazing for me.
No one really knows about Cois Fhairrage Festival(Irish for beside the sea) Its only on its 2nd year.
Kilkee is only a small country sea-side resort. Its not that big, but it gets so packed with people when this festival is on.
Its just a big marquee on the local football pitch. I still can't get my head around how a band like travis are doing this gig, i mean i am not complaining at all!! Its shocking.

Is there anyone here going? I am gna make sure I am up at the front for this gig. It would be a dream come true if I could meet the band.
Dya think its possible? :D

Re: Travis playing Cois Fhairrage?!?!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 1:54 AM Quote
I'm not going. It's definitely possible to meet the band. I hope you get to meet them and have a great time. :)

Report back with what happens. :)

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
Its not til September, I cannot wait that long :D
Ooh man, it'd be amazing to meet them.
It is such a small town normally, like its super countryish, just fields and animals and a few locals lol
Bring it on!!

cross your fingers and toes for me that i can meet them :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 2:22 AM Quote
Hopefully the album will be close to release by then. :)

I'm crossing everything for you. Fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes. Hehe. I met Dougie, Andy and Neil. Didn't get to speak to them, they seemed in a rush but had a great photo with them! That was before a gig in February. Stay around after the gig. I hope you meet them. :)

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 2:28 AM Quote
haha class,
thanks a mill :D
You do realise you're keeping everything crossed from now until September, hope you haven't made any plans :-P

You lucky divil. Oh i'll be staying around all right, its more of a drinking festival. The main 1 way street gets thronged with 1000s of people, i hope travis venture off for a look after. They shouldn't be over hassled by the fans. Everyone will be too 'merry' to recognise them :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 2:34 AM Quote
Maybe I'll unravel for a few minutes when you're not looking. ;)

Don't get too drunk otherwise you might miss them yourself! :) Hopefully they'll announce a tour soon and I can go see them. I'll hopefully meet Fran then. He smiled at me a few times during the February gig. Especially when I was singing Friends I think it was. Suppose he thought it was amusing people already knew the words to a song he wrote only 5 weeks earlier. :)

I'm off to sleep now. Speak soon I hope. :)

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 2:36 AM Quote
Oi, don't even dream of unravelling :P
No fear of getting drunk, music is my drug. Esp since its travis i'll be punch drunk in love with them hehe

Night night, i'm heading too. Need some z's.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 3:04 AM Quote
Maria, they are generally quite wonderful about coming out after a gig and mingling with fans. You might have to wait awhile (an hour at LEAST) but it is worth it to meet them. They are super duper.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
An hour is nothing to wait :D
I'll be around anyway, theres a great atmosphere on the main street after, loads of music blaring, people on the street drinking/dancing
Can't wait for it

dee
dee Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
if ya really wanna meet them that much just be cheeky and talk your way into the backstage area.
let's face it-it's ireland-odd's are you'll know somebody working there and you'll be able to ramble on in.
a brass neck is all that is needed otherwise.

Gosse
Gosse Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:04 AM Quote
Olé!

I think my girlfriend and I are coming to Cois Fharraige from Denmark to hear Travis...

Do you know, which watersport-activities there's going to be??

Cheers,
Gosse

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
Dirty bugger.

dee
dee Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Dirty bugger.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/gtfo2.gif