Travis

what do you think about a Travis unplugged?
81 Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
I hope that Travis will record in the future an acoustic live; their music is very proper for this.

Re: what do you think about a Travis unplugged?
gaby
gaby Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:14 PM Quote
They played an acoustic live here in Argentina last November. They played Closer, My Eyes, Selfish Jean, Side, Sing and Why Does It Always Rain On Me. It was fantastic!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
It would indeed be fantastic but I think now is the time to get plugged in and turn the volume up to be honest. I hope they push this 'new' Travis further with album 7. Truly rock out!!! :)

Maybe after that do as you suggest. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
They often do acoustic sets when they're interviewed. They did that last year when they were in Austin.

EDIT:

Here

I guess it's not technically unplugged but it's definitely stripped down.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 4:37 AM Quote
Fran and Dougie did an acoustic set last July for Windsor/Detroit's 93.9 The River in Rochester Hills, Michigan before their show that night in Pontiac. I was lucky enough to attend both. You can hear two of the songs they performed HERE. Scroll about 1/2 way down.

81 Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 10:08 AM Quote
Yes, yes I know that they sometimes do acoustic sets, but I would want that they will record them for an album.
Thank's for the links. Ciao

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 4:08 PM Quote
81 wrote:
Yes, yes I know that they sometimes do acoustic sets, but I would want that they will record them for an album.
Thank's for the links. Ciao

I think there are so many sets you could find that you could almost make your own "dream album"

damon
damon Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
would be great !!!
but i don't know how MTV think a band is "qualifed" for a unplugged, blur was an excellent band, but they didn't have unplugged, but oasis did (altough it was only noel),

it's been years since a new unplugged (at least mtv uk or us), because there has been a lot of unplugged mtv LA,,, but they really suck !!

i would love to produce of those hahaha

milos
milos Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
I'd really like this, but at the moment i'm more excited about the "plugged" Travis that the new album will bring. :)

heich
heich Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
gaby wrote:
They played an acoustic live here in Argentina last November. They played Closer, My Eyes, Selfish Jean, Side, Sing and Why Does It Always Rain On Me. It was fantastic!!

ive seen a couple of videos and it wasnt a 100% acoustic at all, i saw Andy with his electric guitar all the way long through the set

it would be great to see an unplugged but, most of their songs a practically unplugged lol, so there wouldnt be a huge difference, except from songs like aiwdir, turn and so on

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:49 PM Quote

I think it would be successful & they could even play the jewels "Indefinitely" or "Paperclips"

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 21 Jun, 2008 9:43 PM Quote
damon wrote:
would be great !!!
but i don't know how MTV think a band is "qualifed" for a unplugged, blur was an excellent band, but they didn't have unplugged, but oasis did (altough it was only noel),

it's been years since a new unplugged (at least mtv uk or us), because there has been a lot of unplugged mtv LA,,, but they really suck !!

i am agree with you about the unpugged of MTV...

But Travis played a lot of time with an acoustic sesion, and isn´t necesary to considered an unplugged is you listen the sesion. It´s just a "name"

lidia_bj
lidia_bj Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
It would be great!!!! (DVD and CD obviously)

damon
damon Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 8:05 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
damon wrote:
would be great !!!

i am agree with you about the unpugged of MTV...

But Travis played a lot of time with an acoustic sesion, and isn´t necesary to considered an unplugged is you listen the sesion. It´s just a "name"

yes it is only the name, but the big advantge is that is bigger set, and plenty of more musicians on stage, also is new merchandise, meaning new disc anddddd new DVD !!!

what are the songs you'd like to hear arranged for a unplugged???

i would love as you are, pipe dreas, & humpty dumpty..,.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:19 PM