Travis

Re: Viva la Vida...Thoughts?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
I just watched them on BBC2. I thought they were brilliant and the new album works really well live

You're right. So much better than X&Y did. Fix You was the low point for me. Takes an age to get going, used to enjoy it but compared to the new stuff...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
One of the best things about this album is the intro to Life In Technicolour and how the last track just incorporates that same intro.

Yeah it kind of loops it back around nicely. The intros were actually written by Jon Hopkins, not Coldplay at all :)

Loved them on BBC2, they all seemed relaxed and they sounded great.

mili
mili Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
After listening to the pre-release sampler on MySpace few times I decided to only get three songs, Cemeteries of London, Lost! and Viva la Vida from iTunes. I like those ones very much, but skip the freebie Violet Hill completely.

If I see the album on some clearance sale in the future I might buy it then.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
Interesting choice, if you buy track 5 you get both Lovers In Japan and Reign of Love. There aren't any bad tracks on it, so I'd get the album when you see it cheap, but I understand if you don't want it at full price.

mili
mili Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Interesting choice, if you buy track 5 you get both Lovers In Japan and Reign of Love. There aren't any bad tracks on it, so I'd get the album when you see it cheap, but I understand if you don't want it at full price.

The choice was not on quantity but quality (as I see it).

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
My god, you're missing out on some of the best songs!!! I hate this pick and choose what you want thing. Not saying you have here but its easy for people to judge too quickly. Its nice to see Coldplay make an album and not just a collection of songs.

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
Should i buy it?
Kinda went off Coldplay after the first two albums.

lozm
lozm Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:53 PM Quote
Just got back from that BBC2 gig. Was absolutley amazing. The best I've seen them and that was my 6th time. Really looking forward to the 02 in December!!!

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
Yeah I really enjoyed watching them on BBC2, I loved the change in the first few lyrics in Trouble lol, "Oh no, I see helicopters filming my friends and me, they can see the bald spot on my head" (I think that's how it went lol)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:
Should i buy it?
Kinda went off Coldplay after the first two albums.

Well mate, X&Y was disappointing to a lot of people. Those people seem to be loving Viva la Vida.

I think it is incredible, and i'd recommend anyone to buy it because it's fantastic.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 12:30 AM Quote
And yes, it was brilliant on TV and the change of lyrics was great! :)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 7:10 AM Quote
I think it's pretty good...my favorite would have to be Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love. Like Strawberry Swing too.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 8:12 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
My god, you're missing out on some of the best songs!!! I hate this pick and choose what you want thing. Not saying you have here but its easy for people to judge too quickly. Its nice to see Coldplay make an album and not just a collection of songs.

exactly ! this is one of these albums you need to listen to from start to finsh in one go and then you'll appreciate how great it is !

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 8:18 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Only song I can take or leave is 'Yes', goes on for far too long.

yes, that's the 'skipper' on this otherwise amazing album.

watching the gig on the Beeb last night was great apart from the stupid helicopter shots!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 19 Jun, 2008 9:15 AM Quote
Stuff White People Like: Coldplay

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:20 AM