Travis

Just moved to London...
maryhill_johnny
maryhill_johnny Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
It is big!
Any londoners on here? Any inside tips on what to do and see? The cheaper the better, well, I am Scottish.

Oh, and does ayone know how you get video clips on your profile page? Like under the 'films' section, some boardies have clips of their fave films off youtube. ta

Re: Just moved to London...
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 4:07 AM Quote
maryhill_johnny wrote:
It is big!
Any londoners on here? Any inside tips on what to do and see? The cheaper the better, well, I am Scottish.

Oh, and does ayone know how you get video clips on your profile page? Like under the 'films' section, some boardies have clips of their fave films off youtube. ta

Can't give you too many London tips as i have only been there once, and did mostly the tourist things, however...
to insert a video, just copy and paste the 'inbedded link' into whatever section you want.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/uknott-3.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/fotball.jpg

this help ?

spid
spid Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 10:22 AM Quote
YOu're mad! London is WAY too big and Scotland is wonderful.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 10:48 AM Quote
London certainly ain't too big :P
I'm from here, love it to bloody pieces. Camden's cheap for having a look round at the markets. You can take nice walks from there along the canal to the parks n stuff.

I also like getting a travelcard and just getting on the buses checking out places, having a snoop round. It's a bit touristy but there is so much of London to see.

I'm saying that, but I spend most of my time in The Enterprise in Camden or The Hope and Anchor in Islington... fucking ace pubs!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 11:00 AM Quote
maryhill_johnny wrote:
It is big!
Any londoners on here? Any inside tips on what to do?

Grinner, she has a thing for Scots, ;-p

Only messin' Lil'Grin'. Has the pub that burned down opened again or is it gone for good :(

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 11:06 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
maryhill_johnny wrote:
It is big!
Any londoners on here? Any inside tips on what to do?

Grinner, she has a thing for Scots, ;-p

Only messin' Lil'Grin'. Has the pub that burned down opened again or is it gone for good :(

Dubz

Haha you can't beat a bit of jock cock :P

Aw my dear Hawley... they were rebuilding it but there is a problem with the licencing now coz they had a roof terrace before but I don't think it was properly legal coz there was no fire escape on it, so they are having issues with the planning people bout it. From what I understand.

It's still all boarded up n that, but I don't mind coz it means there are less idiots around... The Hawley Arms used to attract all sorts of indie twats. I think they've all fucked off to Shoreditch now.

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 11:28 AM Quote
When I went to London I saw Spanish people everywhere. It was like walking in Madrid, haha.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 1:49 PM Quote
Hello !

Lucky you as i adore London.

Check this out : http://www.timeout.com/london/

Where are you located in London ?

maryhill_johnny
maryhill_johnny Posted Sun 08 Jun, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
Thanks people. I'm in south east london.
I still feel like a tourist and probably will do for quite a while!
That poster thing looks...interesting! mmm richard nixon looking scarier than usual

Cheers, I'll try that inbedded link thingumy!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
maryhill_johnny wrote:
It is big!

ahhh Maryhill must be poorer the now ! :-P

used to live in London many moons ago so I guess whatever tips I could give you aren't valid any more.. like The Kensington off Holland Park Road for great live music and the Duke of Clarence at the Shepherd's Bush Roundabout for ace Steel bands

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 1:51 PM Quote
maryhill_johnny wrote:
Thanks people. I'm in south east london.
I still feel like a tourist and probably will do for quite a while!
That poster thing looks...interesting! mmm richard nixon looking scarier than usual

Cheers, I'll try that inbedded link thingumy!

just printed that Nixon one last night , 5 blends in a 6 color of nazdar ink . you should go

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:16 PM