Travis

Hay Fever
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Who else suffers from its evils? It makes sleeping a nightmare...so to speak. And my eyes sting and rubbing them has made them go red. And I'm constantly sneezing, it's like having a cold through a whole season. Oh not that I'm looking for sympathy you understand... just thought you'd like to know. *sulks*

I'm going to take a walk to the pharmacy for the hay fever tablets methinks.... The thing that really rubs the salt in the wound is that, to get to the pharmacy on campus, you have to walk alongside endless fields of grass and down this odd little country lane full of flowers. Damn you pollen-infested university!

Re: Hay Fever
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Good luck and take care.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:39 PM Quote
*can't help but shows some sympathy to Luke*

But seriously, hope you get well soon. I know how bitchy it can get.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
I've got some great stuff for my eyes - I'll try and find out what it is in English and if you can get it at home.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
btw i miss you chronicles - the "Mr Az" one was a riot.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I've got some great stuff for my eyes - I'll try and find out what it is in English and if you can get it at home.

As in eye drops? I'm a wimp when it comes to using eye drops lol. But thanks, sounds useful. :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:54 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Haha thanks. I should do another...got nowt else to do now exams are done with.

Hows about how to be a Grinner - step 1: get drunk. If you can still type coherently move to step 2: get more drunk. ;D

*edit* although judging by your post last night that could be for you too. ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:55 PM Quote
I know exactly what you're going through mate. I don't think people without hay fever understand exactly what its like. I always have that feeling I want to sneeze. I don't actually sneeze much but I do have sneezing fits from time to time. For me, it gets to my eyes, and my throat, and I suppose because of all that I get this throbbing head ache sometimes. Do you get the ear popper? Jeez that's annoying, everytime I swallow my ear goes crackle and pop.

Saying all that, its not been too bad this year! LOL

They say have a shower before you go bed, don't dry your clothes outside, and well, I'm sure you've done all the research. :)

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
Best advice I ever got was from the pharmacist. Take a course of the one a day anti allergy tablets, and at the same time the nazal spray, beconnaise. (If possible the one with some steroids in it I was told, but it's not important). After about a week on that course, you shouldn't have a problem the rest of the summer. Works a treat for me the last 3 years running!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 1:00 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know exactly what you're going through mate. I don't think people without hay fever understand exactly what its like. I always have that feeling I want to sneeze. I don't actually sneeze much but I do have sneezing fits from time to time. For me, it gets to my eyes, and my throat, and I suppose because of all that I get this throbbing head ache sometimes. Do you get the ear popper? Jeez that's annoying, everytime I swallow my ear goes crackle and pop.

Saying all that, its not been too bad this year! LOL

They say have a shower before you go bed, don't dry your clothes outside, and well, I'm sure you've done all the research. :)

Thanks. I think it's just where I am - it's a very 'green' university. :S

Don't so much get crackly ears lol, but they do kinda itch inside if you know what I mean? It gets my throat a lot too.

I don't try the shower thing before going to sleep. Shall do that.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Best advice I ever got was from the pharmacist. Take a course of the one a day anti allergy tablets, and at the same time the nazal spray, beconnaise. (If possible the one with some steroids in it I was told, but it's not important). After about a week on that course, you shouldn't have a problem the rest of the summer. Works a treat for me the last 3 years running!

Sounds cool. Well I have used a nasal spray for hay fever in the past, and I think it worked pretty well. I'll keep my eyes out for that one.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Haha thanks. I should do another...got nowt else to do now exams are done with.

I rarely drink but last nite Gordon's gin appeal was too strong to resist !

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
I think my bf has this!!!

Poor fella is waking up with banging heads in the morning because his sinuses are so bunged up. He's sneezing and coughing and sounds like the cold! He can cope with everything thing except the pain in his head. I thought it could be more just sinus probs than hayfever. What you think? Any of you guys get symptoms like that???

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
deebee wrote:

As in eye drops? I'm a wimp when it comes to using eye drops lol. But thanks, sounds useful. :)

Nah, I'm just as bad with drops. This is stuff you put on a piece of cotton wool and then leave on your eye for a couple of mins. It takes away the itching. Don't walk around with your cotton bits over your eyes though or you'll look like a right panda!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
I think my bf has this!!!

Poor fella is waking up with banging heads in the morning because his sinuses are so bunged up. He's sneezing and coughing and sounds like the cold! He can cope with everything thing except the pain in his head. I thought it could be more just sinus probs than hayfever. What you think? Any of you guys get symptoms like that???

That's pretty much hay fever I think. I've been lucky this year that it hasn't been as bad as usual. Normally it is really, really bad. This year, i still have it all, but not to the extreme I usually get it. So that's been great.

Yeah the ear popper. Its the thing that annoys me most. You don't realise how much you randomly swallow you know, until you get the ear pop. Pop, pop, crackle, pop! Hate it!!!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:19 PM