Travis

Re: J. Smith Limited Edition EP
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
milos wrote:
I've only heard the bad quality youtube recording of Get Up, but i really like the song. It's quite different.. And i think the studio version will sound awesome! I hope it ends up on the album.

It's a cool song, especially the very start but some other songs on the album are soooo strong. Song To Self, Before You Were Young, Something Anything, Long Way Down, Chinese Blues, Last Words are all going to be amazing! :)

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Right, i imagine it's real. If not, i'm in trouble because i just ordered it. Haha. :)

LOL that makes two of us!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:41 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I guess this is where I tell you about when me and my girlfriend (Sara) met Fran after the Nottingham show, he asked who to sign his autograph to on her little programme/hymn sheet thing they gave out at those shows, and she said 'Sara', and he started to tell us about the song. I hope he doesn't mind me telling you about it, apparently Fran wrote it with Claes, and it's a bit of a melancholic one. When he and Claes played it to the rest of the band, Fran was quite nervous about whether the rest of the band would like it or not. I said that it would end up being mine and Sara's break-up song, which made Fran chuckle.

I've been holding this back a while to see if the song appeared anyway, and ta daaaaa, there it is.

Thanks Esteban, that's really interesting! Hopefully this won't be the last month of your relationship with Sara though ;)

I remember Get Up as being very easy to get into, but maybe lacking some depth compared to the rest. Still, I thought both Side and Eyes Wide Open were like that on the first couple of listens, so I wouldn't trust myself :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Right, i imagine it's real. If not, i'm in trouble because i just ordered it. Haha. :)

Hey, we have to risk it don't we. :) Nah, it wouldn't be fake on that site... i shoudn't think.

And yeah, about Get Up. It does seem to lack a bit of depth, i agree. It's a song that would be great at no longer than 2 minutes. But i think it's quite a bit longer than that. Cool song though.

mili
mili Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Make it three ;^)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
mili wrote:
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Make it three ;^)

Four!!! =D

maryhill_johnny
maryhill_johnny Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
Is it only available on vinyl?

With the label being 'red phone box' looks like they are doing it themselves.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
maryhill_johnny wrote:

At the moment, yes. And because it's a limited release I doubt whether there'll be a CD of it. It's a bit irritating for those of us without a player, but it's in keeping with the analogue recording and stuff. Let's do a straw poll:

Who here owns a record player?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
maryhill_johnny wrote:

At the moment, yes. And because it's a limited release I doubt whether there'll be a CD of it. It's a bit irritating for those of us without a player, but it's in keeping with the analogue recording and stuff. Let's do a straw poll:

Who here owns a record player?

No. Still ordered it though. I've been wanting to get one since Closer came out. Haha. I will. You can buy one that converts them to Mp3. :)

velvet
velvet Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
It's so funny about all these guesses what will be "June Surprise":)))) But i can't wait either!!!!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

No. Still ordered it though. I've been wanting to get one since Closer came out. Haha. I will. You can buy one that converts them to Mp3. :)

Yeah, I want one of those but they cost about £70 :( Maybe you'll be able to get one on ebay for less.

How much postage do Recordstore charge?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
I've received an email now, from recordstore.co.uk, and it says that the 30th of June is its release date but it's a limited edition.... Perhaps this is the surprise....
I leave the link: http://www.recordstore.co.uk/home.jsp?wherefrom=productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-HsV5tCr1uyFJha4ZpN3IEb-1

Cheers!!

SSSShhhhhh there's only 1000 copies available worldwide. Don't tell anyone else until everyone's got theirs! :)

spid
spid Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
I've got a reocrd player - not plugged in at the mo but it's a cracker. And I've ordered my copy too.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yeah, I want one of those but they cost about £70 :( Maybe you'll be able to get one on ebay for less.

How much postage do Recordstore charge?

Couple of pounds. £2.55

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
Thanks Ben :)

I've just ordered it along with no less than 15 CD singles, all of which were under £1 each, so the total (with £5 postage) is £20 :D Awesome!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:50 AM