Travis

Obama for your Mama
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:06 AM Quote
He's about to make his speech declaring he has the most number of delegates.

Re: Obama for your Mama
Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:36 AM Quote
That's just gloating. Not impressed. Future president should set an example of humility imo.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:38 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
That's just gloating. Not impressed. Future president should set an example of humility imo.

he's not really making a speech declaring it, he's making a speech because he has the most and because the race is over. It's not him gloating, he's mostly saying thanks to everyone who helped with his campaign, and everyone who supported him.

th74
th74 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
Even thought I'm a Clinton supporter, I'm just glad there is now 1 candidate to focus on for the Dems.

Obama is here tonight in my city, just 3 miles away, and I could barely get home with all the traffic. It was madness.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 9:24 AM Quote
It's Obama Mania. =)

For the record in time of writing this Clinton has not yet concede to Obama's proclamation of victory. She's still got fight left in her people.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 9:28 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Esteban wrote:

he's not really making a speech declaring it, he's making a speech because he has the most and because the race is over. It's not him gloating, he's mostly saying thanks to everyone who helped with his campaign, and everyone who supported him.

Sorry, dry humour doesn't always translate well in print.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 10:23 AM Quote
Congratulations America. You just got yourself 4 more years of republicans.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 11:23 AM Quote
yep

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 11:25 AM Quote
Peter76 wrote:
It's Obama Mania. =)

For the record in time of writing this Clinton has not yet concede to Obama's proclamation of victory. She's still got fight left in her people.

It's embarrassing.

mili
mili Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 11:47 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

A recent poll shows that a Democrat was going to win, regardless of which ever of those two was their candidate

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 1:46 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/DSC02497.jpg

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
Whats your thoughts on the rumours that Hilary is holding out to be his running partner, for VP?

On one hand, it could end in a power struggle between the two, fraught relationships etc. You don't always put your two strongest players together (Like when Tiger Woods played with Phil Mickleson in the Ryder cup. They were rubbish!).

On the other hand, it may pull together Hilary & Obama supporters together and could end up with a landslide victory for the Democrats. And based on Hilary's populatrity, it could potentially result in 3 minimum terms in office for them, if they do it right - two for Obama, one for Hilary, giving the US some well needed stability and continuity.

Just some of my musings.

I really hope Obama wins.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
I just think the guy is all sound bites and no substance. But what the hell, i dont live there.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
the outcome depends on who they pick to run with McCrazy

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Whats your thoughts on the rumours that Hilary is holding out to be his running partner, for VP?

A few months ago I thought that was a great idea but she started fighting dirtier and dirtier as he gained momentum and I think it would take some time and backpedaling for it to seem like a good fit.

I know John Edwards was Kerry's VP candidate and they had run against each other but this has been more drawn out, more bitter.

I think it was very Clinton-esque that her concession speech was not a concession speech. But I agree, she is trying to give herself some leverage.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:56 PM