Dubz

Re: EURO 2008
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
Absy!! What's going on there?!

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
France suck ass! That's whatsgoing on. Come on Romania, get two goals!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
Going by that game, how the FUCK did Romania qualify in the first place?

And France?! HAHAHAHAHA.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
France suck ass! That's whatsgoing on. Come on Romania, get two goals!

they were pretty shit, it was a bit of a shame to lose Ribery at the start but no excuses really

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
Sad to see the fall from grace for france. But its the end of a generation.
Spain vs Italy...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Absy!! What's going on there?!

ha !

Spain tomorrow !

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 2:59 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Esteban wrote:
The Netherlands won't start their best team, but if you take out Van Nistelrooy, Sneijder and Van Der Vaart, you probably replace them with Van Persie, Huntelaar, and Robben. They should have enough for Romania.

i don't think Robben will start tonight

well that shows i know fuck all!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:45 AM Quote
Just having a look at the knockout stages....

Portugal or Germany - Vs - Croatia or Turkey

and

Nederlands or Sweden/Russia - Vs - Spain or Italy

Does anyone else think Croatia are a good outside bet ??

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
I hate to say it, but going on their performance against the Czech's (albeit not a great Czech side) Turkey could be a good bet.

The great thing is, looking at that list, any of those teams could win it. Holland, Spain & Portugal all have the talent and are playing the best football, but all share the same 'underacheiver' tags. Italy have the experience and know how to win. You can never write off Germany. Turkey fit neatly into the surprise package, and have the know how after World Cup 2002. Croatia are on a hot streak with 3 wins from 3. Only doubt may be Sweden / Russia, as neither has really shone.

The best thing is that all the teams I wanted to see in the quarters are there, i.e. all those playing the best football.

Ideally I'd like to see Portugal vs. Croatia and Holland vs. Spain in the Semi's and I wouldn't mind from whose four who made the final or who won.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
I hate to say it, but going on their performance against the Czech's (albeit not a great Czech side) Turkey could be a good bet.

Ideally I'd like to see Portugal vs. Croatia and Holland vs. Spain in the Semi's and I wouldn't mind from whose four who made the final or who won.

I have a feeling Turkey only have one great game in them and that was it against the Czechs against a more organized Croatia side I think they will fail.

Portugal have played some nice football but I also have a sneaking suspision that Germany will do just enough to get through each round and into the final. Holland vs Spain is an amazing match on paper the way both teams are playing at the moment. However these matches rarely live up to expectations.

I don't see any problems with Spain beating Italy, Gattuso and Pirlo are both out, against a young midfield with the likes of Fabergas, Iniesta and Alonso. Of course the test will be if Italy manage to score first will Spain be able to breakdown the Italian rearguard as they will put 10 men behind the ball.

Dubz

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

The great thing is, looking at that list, any of those teams could win it. Holland, Spain & Portugal all have the talent and are playing the best football, but all share the same 'underacheiver' tags. Italy have the experience and know how to win. You can never write off Germany. Turkey fit neatly into the surprise package, and have the know how after World Cup 2002. Croatia are on a hot streak with 3 wins from 3. Only doubt may be Sweden / Russia, as neither has really shone.

The best thing is that all the teams I wanted to see in the quarters are there, i.e. all those playing the best football.

I had told you we were not a doss :P

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
haha, yes indeed you did and I stand corrected!

Pages Previous 1...15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:59 AM