Travis

Oi Fran! (or The Questions For Fran thread...)
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
Hi Fran

How are you? Not much news coming from Travisland (as in the genuine article, not this shabby approximation!), but I suppose you're being quite leisurely compared to normal. :)
I thought I'd put all the questions we want answering in one post so they're a bit more obvious. Feel free to ignore most of them anyway :)

Here goes:
Do you mind us sharing b-sides, or would you prefer us to pay?
Do you mind if this person uses Flowers in his film? :)
Oh, just found another: are you thinking of doing another DVD soon? If so, any ideas where you'd want it to be?

Add more questions below, then we can keep this thread bumped at the top and Fran might see. (emphasis on 'might')

Re: Oi Fran! (or The Questions For Fran thread...)
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
Good idea, James!

I'd like to know when we can see Fran's lovely artwork he said he was working on in his blog.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Good idea, James!

I'd like to know when we can see Fran's lovely artwork he said he was working on in his blog.

Seconded. He's not allowed to back out of that one - he told us he'd show us! :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 12:06 AM Quote
Don't know if Fran would appreciate this really but it's a nice idea. He might not mind.

Fran, are you going in the studio soon to record b sides for the singles?
Are you planning on releasing the album after the festivals?

Cheers Fran. Hoping to see the art work soon... :) Oooo we're difficult fans aren't we!

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 5:41 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Hi Fran

How are you? Not much news coming from Travisland (as in the genuine article, not this shabby approximation!), but I suppose you're being quite leisurely compared to normal. :)
I thought I'd put all the questions we want answering in one post so they're a bit more obvious. Feel free to ignore most of them anyway :)

Here goes:
Do you mind us sharing b-sides, or would you prefer us to pay?
Do you mind if this person uses Flowers in his film? :)
Oh, just found another: are you thinking of doing another DVD soon? If so, any ideas where you'd want it to be?

Add more questions below, then we can keep this thread bumped at the top and Fran might see. (emphasis on 'might')

What a nice idea!! =) Let me think about questions to ask Fran..

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 8:23 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Don't know if Fran would appreciate this really but it's a nice idea. He might not mind.

We need to limit the questions a bit, because otherwise we have this huge list which noone would want to sort through. I don't want to take the fun out of the board either, so post new questions in different threads and we can discuss them there as well. :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 9:12 AM Quote
It'd be a little daunting to log on and see all these questions in one place. How would you prioritise which to answer and which not to answer, without upsetting someone?

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 9:27 AM Quote
We'd just tell people not to ask any more questions in this thread. In fact:

Guys, if you have questions, can you start your own thread and I'll add it here if it's a properly good question :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 10:31 AM Quote
We'd just tell people not to ask any more questions in this thread. In fact:

Guys, if you have questions, can you start your own thread and I'll add it here if it's a properly good question :)

That's the thing, you become the arbiter of what's good and what isn't. Who/What gives you that power? I don't dispute that you've started this thread with the best of intentions, and in an ideal world it'd work a treat, but I think this is you asking for trouble, and making a rod for your own back.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 11:23 AM Quote
I'm not saying I have power, authority or anything. I've just started a thread because we want Fran to answer things and it's easier to have one thread constantly at the top than about 6, and if you think that's power you need to get out more. ;) If you have specific problems about it, feel free to complain. Otherwise wait and see if it works before you start shooting it down.

Keep posting questions in your own threads then!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 11:37 AM Quote
I think its already cocked up. This could have been easier for Fran if it was question, question, question but he's got to wade his way through the crap to find them now. Understand what I mean? Might just be easier and better for Fran to do it the normal way. Then he can ignore questions and it would be him 'not seeing it' not ignoring it. But if it was done from in here, he would then have to ignore some.

Nice idea though. Don't think it quite works thinking about it.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
I'm not saying I have power, authority or anything. I've just started a thread because we want Fran to answer things and it's easier to have one thread constantly at the top than about 6, and if you think that's power you need to get out more. ;) If you have specific problems about it, feel free to complain. Otherwise wait and see if it works before you start shooting it down.

Keep posting questions in your own threads then!

You're not saying it directly, but it's implied by you saying that you would choose which questions to include or not. I'm not getting into 'I'm not saying this' or 'I didn't say that', because those arguments are never resolved and look stupid. That you haven't said 'I HAVE THE POWER' is irrelevant, it's implied that you will be the arbiter, and that's undeniable.

Suggesting I get out more is pretty pathetic really, and turns the discussion personal where it has no need to be, I can sit here and trade insults and life tips if you want, but I'm above that and so, I think, are you.

The whole point of me making these observations is to avoid the need to 'shoot it down' if it doesn't work, y'know, better to be pro-active than re-active, right?

Just offering my tuppence worth, with my best of intentions, take it or leave it.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 11:44 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I think its already cocked up. This could have been easier for Fran if it was question, question, question but he's got to wade his way through the crap to find them now. Understand what I mean? Might just be easier and better for Fran to do it the normal way. Then he can ignore questions and it would be him 'not seeing it' not ignoring it. But if it was done from in here, he would then have to ignore some.

Nice idea though. Don't think it quite works thinking about it.

The idea is good, I agree, but I think it would turn into somewhat of an interrogation thread, not by design, but by nature.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 12:04 PM Quote
Yeah I agree. :)

If people have something on their mind they want answering, start a new thing called 'Question for Fran' and he can answer if he wants.

This was a nice idea though. :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 12:21 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Suggesting I get out more is pretty pathetic really, and turns the discussion personal where it has no need to be, I can sit here and trade insults and life tips if you want, but I'm above that and so, I think, are you.

It was a joke, OK? Sorry if I offended you at all, but I was more getting at how pathetic I sounded talking about myself having 'power' :)

I don't agree with you on everything, but I can see your points and we'll let the thread die.

It would have worked better if there hadn't been this discussion, but I'm pretty sure I started it, so no blame there

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:35 AM