Travis

Best Day
PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Mon 04 Jun, 2007 11:12 PM Quote

whats been the best day/event of your life?

Re: Best Day
PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
there has been veiws but no replys dont tell me you people have has such boring lives?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 10:35 AM Quote
I have too many fabby days that I just can't single one out! ;-)

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 10:46 AM Quote
The day I was born was pretty good, as I didn't exist until then... few memories of it though.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 12:49 PM Quote
lets start it off then - not in any particular order

meeting partner
getting married
first holdiay together in the west country
passing driving test
looking around our first new home together
having children
meeting Fran at gig
birth of grand daughter
first airoplane flight

is that enough to be going on with

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 2:23 PM Quote
Video =)

29th May, 2005.

My dad, me, and 41 thousand fellow Wednesday fans in Cardiff. Our biggest game in YEARS, the game that we'd have to win to get back into the Championship, to start the long road back to the Premiership. I'd queued on the phone for 2 hours for these tickets. This was it.

We scored early on to settle the nerves but they scored a goal either side of half-time and were now on the verge of stealing the game, OUR game. Losing 2-1 with 5 minutes left, Drew Talbot goes down in the box.

'PENALTY!' was the roar, and penalty it was.

41,000 hearts in 41,000 mouths.

It went in off the keeper, but no-one cared, the place went fucking mental, I was hugging people I never knew and probably never will, but for that 15-20 seconds of bedlam, we were friends for life.

Then came extra time, and the prospect of penalties. It was unbearable, I was proper chain-smoking, and I didn't think my heart would make it through to the end of the day, then in the blink of an eye we had nicked the ball off them and towards the box steamed Glenn Whelan, who'd been transfer listed that season by the manager.

Would he score? Could he prove everyone wrong? 18 yards, bottom corner, keeper no chance. Then it all went dark as the mass pile-on following the penalty was re-born in whole new proportions.

Not long after we'd all calmed down, we'd pinched the ball off them again and before anyone knew it the 4th goal was in.

4-2. 1 minute left. It was over. We'd done it. Grown men in floods of tears. I was one of them. Amazing day out, I'll never forget it as long as I live. The drive home was such fun, horns blaring all the way back into England, scarves flying through car windows, people singing, leaning out of sunroofs.

So yeah, that's the best day of my life so far.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 2:27 PM Quote
all a bit relative innit ?

guess the birth of my daughter tops it all

on recent events I would say the Barras gig on the 17th May, that was just the best :D

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 5:24 PM Quote
PipeDreams wrote:

The best night of my life: I went to see a mates band in Feb, got really really drunk, then went to see another mates band and met a Scottish fella, and we got on soooooooooo fucking well. We were talkin and kissing loaaads and ended up spending the whole night together =D No sex tho, you perverts =P

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 5:47 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

The best night of my life: I went to see a mates band in Feb, got really really drunk, then went to see another mates band and met a Scottish fella, and we got on soooooooooo fucking well. We were talkin and kissing loaaads and ended up spending the whole night together =D No sex tho, you perverts =P

i should hope not, shagging on the first date, big no, unless they are :-- i will now be careful and not put anymore

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 5:51 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:

i should hope not, shagging on the first date, big no, unless they are :-- i will now be careful and not put anymore

Fr....eennch? hahaha.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:02 PM