Travis

How arrogant can one person be?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
So I went to see Kanye West last night with my cousin. I don’t really care for his music, but went to be with my cousin because she’s been to a lot of concerts with me. The "Gold Digger" song is pretty catchy, but the rest of what I heard was pure rubbish. N.E.R.D (whoever they are) and Rihanna opened for him. She was alright. I like the "Umbrella" song. People were really, really into it, but eh...we were really high up and I just felt out of place and was getting high from people smoking some serious weed, lol. The only part that was cool was Kanye's set. But get this...he didn't even ONCE acknowledge the crowd. WTF is up with that?!? Not even a "Hello Detroit!" I've never been to a concert where the band/artist didn't say a single word to the crowd. It was bizarre. He’s an a-hole.

Re: How arrogant can one person be?
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
He has always struck me as seriously arrogant and cocky. What did your cousin, who is a fan, think?

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
His mum died of a face lift. I found that hilariously tragic, if I can be so morbid. I can't feel sorry for someone who died from volountary cosmetic surgery, for purely vanities sake.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:23 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
He has always struck me as seriously arrogant and cocky. What did your cousin, who is a fan, think?

She thought it was weird. She's not like an die-hard fan or anything, but I think she was sorta bummed...especially when you pay lots of money to see someone live.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
His mum died of a face lift. I found that hilariously tragic, if I can be so morbid. I can't feel sorry for someone who died from volountary cosmetic surgery, for purely vanities sake.

:O Moraaaay!

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Ah I thought this was going to be about Mike Babcock.

http://www.kimskitchenkit.com/images/stirring_spoon.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Ah I thought this was going to be about Mike Babcock.

http://www.kimskitchenkit.com/images/stirring_spoon.jpg

Oh hush!!! Babcock isn't arrogant!!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
So I went to see Kanye West last night with my cousin. I don’t really care for his music, but went to be with my cousin because she’s been to a lot of concerts with me. The "Gold Digger" song is pretty catchy, but the rest of what I heard was pure rubbish. N.E.R.D (whoever they are) and Rihanna opened for him. She was alright. I like the "Umbrella" song. People were really, really into it, but eh...we were really high up and I just felt out of place and was getting high from people smoking some serious weed, lol. The only part that was cool was Kanye's set. But get this...he didn't even ONCE acknowledge the crowd. WTF is up with that?!? Not even a "Hello Detroit!" I've never been to a concert where the band/artist didn't say a single word to the crowd. It was bizarre. He’s an a-hole.

The Killers when they played after Travis in the Yeah! Festival last year in Buenos Aires did the exact same thing. They lost soooo many points to me after that. And I assure you, people were dancing, jumping, moshing, doing pogo, cheering...All the typical things we do! Brandon Flowers never said hello or thank you or something like that. He spoke just a couple of times to say a few words about a few songs and that was it. I never felt like I was watching an iceberg on stage before that! And the fact that Travis had just played really didn't do The Killers any favour.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Nikki wrote:

The Killers when they played after Travis in the Yeah! Festival last year in Buenos Aires did the exact same thing. They lost soooo many points to me after that. And I assure you, people were dancing, jumping, moshing, doing pogo, cheering...All the typical things we do! Brandon Flowers never said hello or thank you or something like that. He spoke just a couple of times to say a few words about a few songs and that was it. I never felt like I was watching an iceberg on stage before that! And the fact that Travis had just played really didn't do The Killers any favour.

Yeeaaah...I'm sure coming on after Travis didn't help The Killers out much. Travis connects with the audience like no other band I've ever seen. It's so amazing. I just don't get how a band couldn't say anything to their fans who have paid to be there and support them, and are jumping up and down and singing along. It's just flat out rude. I can't stand people with big egos.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

Hahaha, that's so cruel! xD

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
Paul Simon never talked during his concert. I thought it was weird. The reason you go to live shows is to, I don't know, get a little more from the artist. I think Paul is a little shy, though. Even in the days with Art Garfunkel, Art did all the talking for them.

I don't even know who Kanye West is. I've heard the name, but can't connect it with a song. (Goes to YouTube...) Ick.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

I just burst out laughing reading that first sentence, then shamefully realized someone did die, which is not exactly a laughing matter... *blushes*

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
I also love how he got up on stage at the MTV awards and stole the spotlight from the band that won an award and freaked out because he didn't win. Classy.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
I like Kanye West actually. I kind of enjoy his arrogance. Given that I'm not a rap fan and find him good, in my eyes, he deserves to be cocky. That's just me :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 23 May, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Hahaha... the funny thing is when I saw the title for this thread I immediately thought, "I wonder if this is going to be about Kanye West..." HA!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:06 PM