Travis

Justice for Buster
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
I called animal control Saturday to get an update and got some good news. The officer told me she spoke with the owner who said he didn't want any trouble and he has children himself and didn't want the dogs in his house if they were capable of that.

So he has sent them to his mother's ranch in a town outside of Austin. THEY ARE GONE.

The only galling part is that he told her his landlord had said he was "willing to stick up for him." I can't believe the owner of the dog was being more reasonable than the landlord.

Of course I'm slightly paranoid the guy is just lying and they are still there but you know I will check. And will check every few weeks.

But the officer said he sounded very sincerely upset about it so I do tend to believe they are gone.

Re: Justice for Buster
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:01 PM Quote
That's great news! I'm glad he was reasonable about it.

I hope that guy's mother is made aware of what she's getting into.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I hope that guy's mother is made aware of what she's getting into.

I imagine so but I was wondering who would take on dogs like that. And I worry for the feline population around their ranch.

th74
th74 Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
That is good news, but if only he had sent them away before. I hope this makes you feel somewhat better.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
I hope this makes you feel somewhat better.

I'm just happy to know my kids can play in the front yard again. My boss's wife (a lawyer) has still spoken to the landlord and he is getting the fence fixed and must not know the dogs are gone because he left her a message indicating he would be willing to ask the tenants to put the dogs down if we could explain how we knew for sure these were the dogs.

(His tune sure changed after a lawyer explaining he can indeed be held liable!)

I told that I didn't think the dogs needed to be put down but would like the landlord to do a walk though and confirm they were gone and also we needed to have some sort of agreement that there would be consequences if the tenant ever tries to sneak these dogs back in.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
I'm glad that there's been some kind of resolution about this. I hope that the tenant was telling the truth as well.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
Good deal! I'm happy to hear there has been some sort of resolution.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
The landlord hired a lawyer who called my lawyer (boss's wife). She assured the lawyer that we were good for now. But apparently the landlord wants to talk to me to hear my side of the story.

Not sure if I am interested in that. He has been nice to my lawyer but he was a real jerk to me and I'm convinced he's going to try and get me to somehow admit these might not be the dogs so he can tell his tenant they're OK to bring back.

It is true I never saw the dogs but my friend did and she asked my neighbor what the dogs looked like and the descriptions matched. And they are on my street living in a house that has a hole in the fence. It's them.

What do you think I should do?

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
Mmmh, I wouldn't talk to him if I were you... Why does he want to talk to you? He can talk to you through your lawyer. It's true what you say, some people try to make the victims take the blame.
You can tell him it hurts you to talk about it and that if everything has been solved now (the dogs no longer live there) there's nothing to discuss.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 9:03 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Mmmh, I wouldn't talk to him if I were you... Why does he want to talk to you? He can talk to you through your lawyer. It's true what you say, some people try to make the victims take the blame.
You can tell him it hurts you to talk about it and that if everything has been solved now (the dogs no longer live there) there's nothing to discuss.

I started crying after I posted just thinking about talking to him so obviously I don't want to. I emailed my lawyer pretty much exactly what you said.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 9:06 PM Quote
I think you did the right thing, I'm so sorry you have to go through all this trouble! *hugs*

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:

Agreed! Part of the whole point in having a lawyer is so that you don't talk to the douche! You don't need to speak to him at all. If he tries calling, don't answer!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
yup , your lawyer should talk to his lawyer

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 10:53 PM Quote
I called him last week from my house phone so if he has caller ID he has my number.

Sad irony is that as a joke a few years back we put the phone under Buster's name so if I call you it says "Buster Johnson."

: (

He sometimes gets calls or mail. It was funny but now..well, at least I can say he died and maybe we'll get off the list!

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
I'm so glad that the dogs are being moved and I agree that you have no obligation to talk the guy's lawyer at this time. Now charges or lawsuits have been filed so he can contact your lawyer or he can just stick it.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:25 AM