Travis

Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
th74
th74 Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 3:46 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
warm pillows ? is that some new kinda slang the kids are using today.......?

lol

th74
th74 Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 3:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I should also mention that, due to the long waiting list, we are not sending them back and forth overseas anymore. They will stay in the USA to visit all who have signed up here, then on to the next country tour, etc. That will really cut down on mailing times and get the show on the road.

Oh, good news. Does this mean I will get to see them sooner? I saw them for a brief minute when Sandy brought them to the MN show.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 3:50 PM Quote
Nikki and I prefer to sleep on warm pillows. Apparently we are in the minority because all the other ABCers prefer cold pillows (AKA ice packs). They use all sorts of abusive language and false information to describe the joy of warm pillows.

To me a warm pillow is like the feeling of wearing clothes fresh out of the washer - soothing and relaxing in its warmth.

I won't say what they say because it makes me sad.

Kayte, my warm pillows are not ovens. I am confident they will not melt the laminate.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 4:24 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
warm pillows ? is that some new kinda slang the kids are using today.......?

lol

i was wondering if it's some OMG , BFF , BLT , TMZ , ABC,,,,,,CHI thing

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 5:01 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki and I prefer to sleep on warm pillows. Apparently we are in the minority because all the other ABCers prefer cold pillows (AKA ice packs). They use all sorts of abusive language and false information to describe the joy of warm pillows.

To me a warm pillow is like the feeling of wearing clothes fresh out of the washer - soothing and relaxing in its warmth.

I won't say what they say because it makes me sad.

Kayte, my warm pillows are not ovens. I am confident they will not melt the laminate.

Warm pillows are gross disgusting used-feeling things that no one should have to endure the pain of putting their head on (unless they are Anne or Nikki and therefore CRAZY!)

Sane people perfer the soothing cool feeling of a nice cold pillow. Especially one that you have just recently turned over to reveal a delightful new cold side! It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 5:16 PM Quote
you can't have long hair and a warm pillow it just doesn't work....

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
They use all sorts of abusive language and false information to describe the joy of warm pillows.

minnmess wrote:
Warm pillows are gross disgusting used-feeling things that no one should have to endure the pain of putting their head on (unless they are Anne or Nikki and therefore CRAZY!)

See above example. I'm off to cry now.

Ric, I used to have very long hair and had no trouble with my hair coexisting with a warm pillow.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 11:31 PM Quote
You cold pillow people are out of your minds! Only in the blistering heat of summer is a cold pillow nice. The rest of the year it's so uncomfortable! How can you sleep when you're ice cold? Do you not use blankets either?

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 07 May, 2009 12:46 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

so very true! :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 07 May, 2009 1:20 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Do you not use blankets either?

only if it's tye dyed

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 07 May, 2009 2:27 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
You cold pillow people are out of your minds! Only in the blistering heat of summer is a cold pillow nice. The rest of the year it's so uncomfortable! How can you sleep when you're ice cold? Do you not use blankets either?

it isnt ice cold, it is cool and comfortable. I use 1 very light douvet and sleep in a tshirt/tank top year-round. I CANNOT sleep in pants or long sleeves or I feel all restricted and like im going to be strangled.

And you are a really bad WPP since you admit to liking a CPP in the warm weather. Traitor to your own cause. Sheesh! You are going to have your membership revoked!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 07 May, 2009 2:49 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I should also mention that, due to the long waiting list, we are not sending them back and forth overseas anymore. They will stay in the USA to visit all who have signed up here, then on to the next country tour, etc. That will really cut down on mailing times and get the show on the road.

So what is the new list? If going in the same order as originally posted, I'd be next. I am travelling next week for about a week, so it'd probably be best to skip me as I'll be outside my home city.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 07 May, 2009 2:50 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
And you are a really bad WPP since you admit to liking a CPP in the warm weather. Traitor to your own cause. Sheesh! You are going to have your membership revoked!

I too enjoy a cool pillow and sheet in the warm weather. Neither of us are traitors, we are reasonable.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 07 May, 2009 3:37 AM Quote
a cool pillow is like 7th heaven

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 07 May, 2009 1:58 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So what is the new list? If going in the same order as originally posted, I'd be next. I am travelling next week for about a week, so it'd probably be best to skip me as I'll be outside my home city.

I haven't updated the list, sorry. Meridith can take them next, so all will be cool.

Pages Previous 1...76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:48 PM