Travis

Re: about Neil
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 10:21 AM Quote
hang on peeps !

the question was ... is Neil still married ?

what a strange thing to ask? surely this is not something you ask unless you have good grounds that a couple is splitting up. To ask this question just because you have not heard anything private about Neil is just grotesque pretty insulting!
Do I live on a different planet or what !?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 10:54 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
hang on peeps !

what a strange thing to ask? surely this is not something you ask unless you have good grounds that a couple is splitting up. To ask this question just because you have not heard anything private about Neil is just grotesque pretty insulting!

Exactly. This is why I was disturbed by the thread too.
You and I occupy the same planet Ursina!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 12:34 PM Quote
For god sake. The question wasn't asked TO Neil. It was asked to fans on a messageboard. I still see absolutely no problem in it. Don't be pathetic.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
For god sake. The question wasn't asked TO Neil. It was asked to fans on a messageboard. I still see absolutely no problem in it. Don't be pathetic.

pathetic ?? LOL no it was not addressed to Neil but what to you call a post 'about Neil' on the Travis message board ?
that's not even the point but if you can't see it then I'm sorry :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Ursina wrote:
hang on peeps !

Exactly. This is why I was disturbed by the thread too.
You and I occupy the same planet Ursina!

I'm glad someone agrees with me ! :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

No it's not pathetic. I didn't like the tone of the post. We're allowed to express disapproval, are we not?

It's a combination of the slightly stalkerish wording, and the apparent expectation that Neil's personal life details should be available for all to know that bothered me.

We're fans, not family or friends. Of course I understand that the original poster was just being curious. But surely this should be a forum for discussing music, not "is the drummer's marriage going ok"

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
Yes you can express disapproval and I can also express how pathetic I think you're being. If one can say I've lost the plot for thinking the question is fine then I can say its pathetic to think its not. It was a question from a curious fan wondering if Neil is still married. I wouldn't go up to him and ask him but this isn't that. And there are plenty of topics started that aren't about music.

I see nothing wrong in asking the question.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
I did find it rather bemusing that the original poster thought there should be articles on Google as to whether he was still married or not.
As i said in my reply , i don't see any reason why there should be.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes you can express disapproval and I can also express how pathetic I think you're being. If one can say I've lost the plot for thinking the question is fine then I can say its pathetic to think its not. It was a question from a curious fan wondering if Neil is still married. I wouldn't go up to him and ask him but this isn't that. And there are plenty of topics started that aren't about music.

I see nothing wrong in asking the question.

och this is getting us nowhere lol

so you think it's ok to ask if someone(famous or not) is still married just because you have not heard anything about their spouse for a while ? which would mean all we married people have to put out a statement, say every 2- 3 months, confirming that we are still married ? that's what I found so annoying about the question. How can she put Neil's marriage in question just because she has not heard Neil's wife mentioned since he had the accident?
Some people post stuff they don't think that it might be hurtful.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
This really is ridiculous. It was just a simple question that the original poster asked because they didn't know the answer. Simple as that. The answer is yes, he is still married. The original poster wasn't implying anything, it was just a simple question. Why did they need to know? I have no idea. But that's not the point, they were just interested obviously and a yes/no answer would have been the end of it. Again, I think people are taking it way too seriously. We had this same thing when someone asked if Dougie's baby had been born? Its just a simple question asked by a fan. No problem in it. As I said then, there is a line that you shouldn't cross, this doesn't cross the line.

I think I'll probably leave it there.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
This really is ridiculous. It was just a simple question that the original poster asked because they didn't know the answer. Simple as that. The answer is yes, he is still married. The original poster wasn't implying anything, it was just a simple question. Why did they need to know? I have no idea. But that's not the point, they were just interested obviously and a yes/no answer would have been the end of it. Again, I think people are taking it way too seriously. We had this same thing when someone asked if Dougie's baby had been born? Its just a simple question asked by a fan. No problem in it. As I said then, there is a line that you shouldn't cross, this doesn't cross the line.

I'm totally agree with you.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I'm totally agree with you.

WORD.

My God. This got so out of hand.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Can I just say that some people who post here are doing so using a foreign language (English) It's quite common for certain questions to come across as being rather odd in the way that they're expressed. The poster meaning no harm whatsoever.

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
no, people... accept it: no effective ways to make Neil write here.. :D (just kiddin, donĀ“t kill me)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
I'm glad I missed this one :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:00 AM