Travis

New album B-Sides
heich
heich Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 10:08 AM Quote
I read a post where somebody wrote something about Ode To J Smith b sides.

That made me think a little bit about them. First of all, the guys said there were no extra or hidden tracks, or that they recorded just the 11 tracks, i cant remember exactly what they wrote. Well, basically that means theres no new extra material for the b sides.

Then, what songs will appear on the singles? other b sides left from TBWNN? Live versions of some songs? Or maybe theyll get into the studio for a quick recording session just for the b sides?

I cant think of any new track except for Lola, but they didnt get to record it so we are at the same point we started.

Re: New album B-Sides
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 10:52 AM Quote
Yep, spot on!

They haven't recorded any b-sides yet (unless they did it very surreptitiously :)), so who knows?

They have got at least a couple of months though.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 11:07 AM Quote
Don't worry, I'm absolutely certain they have plenty of material ready for the b-sides, in fact tons of it! lol

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 11:48 AM Quote
Yeah I've talked about exactly this before. I think they'll go into the studio for a couple of weeks before or around all the festivals they're doing. They could record Lola, Fran answered my question on the board a couple of months back and said that he had a song that has a piano going through it and Claes has got it to work and that it might go on album 7 or be a b-side. Also, in the writing sessions they did, they could quite easily have got more than 11 songs sorted but picked the 11 we know to go on the album. They might have some other songs at a stage where they're ready to record. AND of course, being who they are I imagine Fran and Dougie have been playing around with their guitars almost every day. I hope they do have some great b sides planned but I also really love The Boy's b sides and think they could have been album tracks, also songs like Life and Soul of the party. I'd rather the band hang onto it for an album. :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
i hope they do Lola as one :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
They have had a few months to write more, and frankly it would be amazing if they'd come up with 11 songs, all of which were album quality.
I like the hidden-gem b-sides, I think they're on a bit of a writing spree, so can afford to expend some good songs on b-sides :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
If they come up with 11 album quality songs... make an album! Album 7.

yuzuki
yuzuki Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
i hope they do Lola as one :)

*0*

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
I agree the omens are good whether they've actually written anything yet, or not.

Chances and particularly My Last Chance from The Boy were superb 'should have been album track' b-sides. Not to mention Perfect Heaven Space and the brilliant Say Hello (if those count)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 2:08 PM Quote
Anyone else think b-sides are often just as good, sometimes better, than album material? Its like theyve kept good stuff over for the fans who buy the singles

Green Behind The Ears, Village Man, Life and Soul of the Party and "20" could all easily have been on albums- they're amazing tunes

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 12:02 AM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
I agree the omens are good whether they've actually written anything yet, or not.

Chances and particularly My Last Chance from The Boy were superb 'should have been album track' b-sides. Not to mention Perfect Heaven Space and the brilliant Say Hello (if those count)

Definitely agree with you, My Last Chance and Chances are better than other Travis songs.
I do not think about a Single without B Sides...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 1:40 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Anyone else think b-sides are often just as good, sometimes better, than album material? Its like theyve kept good stuff over for the fans who buy the singles

Green Behind The Ears, Village Man, Life and Soul of the Party and "20" could all easily have been on albums- they're amazing tunes

Paul, I totally agree! Not all of them, obviously...but they have a ton of great B-Sides that are completely album worthy. Here's my Top 10 Travis B-Sides list:

1. "You Bring Me Down"
2. "The Connection"
3. "Life And Soul Of The Party"
4. "Village Man"
5. "City In The Rain"
6. "Definition Of Wrong"
7. "A Little Bit Of Soul"
8. "1922"
9. "Just The Faces Change"
10. "The Distance"

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:44 AM Quote
Are those in order Nikki? I take it you're not a fan of 20 :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 1:36 PM Quote
Yes...those are in order...but that order could change tomorrow, lol. Just depends on my mood. I love all 10 of those B-Sides though and think they are all album worthy. I like "20" a lot...but just not as much as others I guess. It's a beautiful song though! :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:40 AM