Travis

Re: Fran visited Keane in Berlin
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Probably arguing over whether it was any good or not. Fran was saying that Thom Yorke's forgot about writing melodys or something.

I can't say I disagree... :)

You should have made us all register on the Radiohead forum, we would have stuck up for Travis :D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
No point really. I had posted there a few times and they all seemed a bit annoying but that was the last straw. I would agree to a certain extent. In recent years they've released some awful songs but they continue to make great songs too but they're inconsistent. In Rainbows was much better than the previous 3 albums.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Probably arguing over whether it was any good or not. Fran was saying that Thom Yorke's forgot about writing melodys or something.

I see where Fran's coming from there. But I still think there are some decent melodic moments in In Rainbows... you just kinda have to dig a bit deeper to find them. I think it's the music and rhythm and the energy that has me hooked on Radiohead more than anything though, whilst Travis are better at giving me my 'melody' fix.

feri
feri Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
I just went on the site to find this lolClick Here...Anyways that's super cool...I love Keane and Travis..my two fave bands;D

Conor14
Conor14 Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
thom yorke apparently said he'd rather have a laptop than a guitar if he could choose. i like radiohead but i'm not a big fan of songs like nude or their more electronic songs. i'm going to see them in dublin next month and i can't fuckin wait. songs like street spirit and there there are just amazing. But im a bigger travis fan :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
Street Spirit is incredible. I love it. But I don't like There There but I do love Nude. :) Nude is one of their best songs since OK Computer time.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 2:00 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:

Maybe Keane will learn how to make an album quickly, lol! I'm losing my mind!!!

hahahahaha, i'm waiting and i'm losing my mind too!lol

cornax
cornax Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I see where Fran's coming from there. But I still think there are some decent melodic moments in In Rainbows... you just kinda have to dig a bit deeper to find them. I think it's the music and rhythm and the energy that has me hooked on Radiohead more than anything though, whilst Travis are better at giving me my 'melody' fix.

And, for me, Radiohead are about evolution so I can't really judge one album on its own. They all just follow a different path and some are so strong that lots of others follow and some will probably die off (like poor Neanderthal Man, bless his heart and puny brain!).

cmr
cmr Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
why me??
why wasn't i there???
the only thing missing there was me and Chris Martin!!
ahhh... I love them too much!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:13 AM