Travis

Re: What does your family think of Travis?
Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 1:52 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
My parents don't care much about Travis. They're more into argentinian music and my dad also likes uruguayan murga a lot. My mom recognizes them though (at least the most famous songs), which is great, cause she can tell you if one of their songs was played at the supermarket or if they're airing a video on MTV, stuff like that xD. When I was watching their show here in Argentina, my mom loved Andy's solo in As You Are :oP.
My older brother doesn't like them at all.
My little brother (16 years old) knows all the band members and enjoys talking about their equipment (I showed him all the recent blogs with guitars haha). I think he likes some of their songs but he'll never admit liking Travis... stubborn teenager! xD

And well, my twin sister is on the board (Aletways) haha. She's a Travis fan, but doesn't love them as much as I do, she's more into Keane, but we both went to their gig in Argentina :o).

Edit:
Here's my sister haha:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1069/twtfranaleenlamultitudmut5.jpg

Wow! Es Ale!!Yo no sabia que era ella, no la habia visto!!
No saliste Tu, Juli?

EDIT: no, ya te busqué =P

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 2:58 PM Quote
My brother used to listen to them, so that's cool, he already had the two first albums!

My parents doesn't really care..

The worst is that none of my friends like Travis, they don't even know them (except "sing" of course!)..

So I feel terribly lonely.. :-(

ashleya92
ashleya92 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
well... i actually don't know what my parents think about it^^
but my brother doesn't like it... don't know why.. perhaps just because i love it^^
xD

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
ashleya92 wrote:
but my brother doesn't like it... don't know why.. perhaps just because i love it^^
xD

Same with my brother. He makes a point of hating everything I love!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:

No saliste Tu, Juli?

Jajaja, no me ibas a ver a menos que me buscaras Ro! =oP.

My family's opinions about Travis were told by my sister, I have nothing to add to that =o).

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:

No saliste Tu, Juli?

Jajaja, no me ibas a ver a menos que me buscaras Ro! =oP.

My family's opinions about Travis were told by my sister, I have nothing to add to that =o).

jajaja es cierto!=D

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Yeah i've made my family closet Travis fans.

My sisters have been to most Travis gigs with me at somepoint, either one or both. They're not uber fans, but they enjoy the music. I think my older sister more than younger. Although in the Barra's at Xmas my little sister burst spontaneously into tears during Driftwood. So make of that what you will

My Mum & Dad went to see them in 2002 at the AECC in Aberdeen. They sat down during the gig. But since thats the only gig either have attended in the last 10 years, it's pretty cool. I think they even stood up for WDIAROM. And Dad says Driftwood always reminds him of moving my older sister into her 1st year halls at uni. So there you go. Memories.

wöw Cool!

barby
barby Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
My parents know something about "Travis" for me.
My mother likes "Why dos it always rain on me" :)(But she doesn´t know the name of the song) she likes the sound (My Mother rules!)
And mi sister Noe, she likes them a lot!!

Like July´s sister (Ale) My sister is in a picture taked by Travis´s photographer. Here´s Noelia (Noe) waiting for the band with others fans.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1534/noeenlawebdetravis2007ay3.jpg

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
well...

My mom doesn't really likes TRAVIS... but she can hear them with no problems... obviously, she prefers her music... that I'm pretty sure you haven't heard about it never!!!
My twin bro is more into the grunge music... he likes Pearl Jam, Criss Cornell, I don't know... his music and also likes Silvio Rodriguez. About TRAVIS he thinks.. how summarize it... gay! hahah... but often he heard some songs, and I'm pretty sure he has some in his Mp3 player!!!!
He knows every song and he sings them (not very well) but unless I feel supported! XD
My little brothers is a big fan of latinamerican singers. Likes chayanne, Juanes, Mana... more spanish lyrics.

Well.. my dad doesn't live with my family but I think he prefers to stay in the background about musical subjects.

well.. that's it!
XD nice thread let me tell...=)

BlueMeanie
BlueMeanie Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
My mother isn't a fan - she thinks they sound depressing. I correct her and say it's melancholy, but eh, she doesn't see a difference.

Either way, I say it's her loss!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
My father thinks that they are really good, he loves Selfish Jean (although he dont know what the song says xD), my mother hums "Closer" and "Flowers in the window" sometimes, (she hums because she doesnt speak English) and I've achieved that my friends sing some songs of Travis, too... they say me that doesnt like Travis very much, but they have their songs in theirs iPod hehe... I think that I'm really heavy with Travis ¬¬ xDD

Cheers!!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
My parents don't care much about Travis. They're more into argentinian music and my dad also likes uruguayan murga a lot. My mom recognizes them though (at least the most famous songs), which is great, cause she can tell you if one of their songs was played at the supermarket or if they're airing a video on MTV, stuff like that xD. When I was watching their show here in Argentina, my mom loved Andy's solo in As You Are :oP.
My older brother doesn't like them at all.
My little brother (16 years old) knows all the band members and enjoys talking about their equipment (I showed him all the recent blogs with guitars haha). I think he likes some of their songs but he'll never admit liking Travis... stubborn teenager! xD

And well, my twin sister is on the board (Aletways) haha. She's a Travis fan, but doesn't love them as much as I do, she's more into Keane, but we both went to their gig in Argentina :o).

Edit:
Here's my sister haha:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1069/twtfranaleenlamultitudmut5.jpg

No saliste Tu, Juli?

ahhhhhh, que buen lugar tenias en el gig Ale!!!!
asi quiero estar yo algun dia...

My mom thinks they're lovely (she loves my pics with them haha) and i have to say that she loves Somewhere Else

my dad doesn't know'em haha he only got too angry when I arrived late to my house because of the Travis gigs!

my sister loves them!!! she loves their music, her favourite is "20"

my brother often listens to their music! i guess he likes Travis

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
galletitabonita wrote:

La verdad ni yo puedo creer que terminé ahí, era un poco de costado, pero veía bien, salvo a Andy ( =o( ). Miro esa foto y no puedo creer que estuviera adelante de toda esa gente O.O jajaja.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 07 May, 2008 12:53 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
galletitabonita wrote:

La verdad ni yo puedo creer que terminé ahí, era un poco de costado, pero veía bien, salvo a Andy ( =o( ). Miro esa foto y no puedo creer que estuviera adelante de toda esa gente O.O jajaja.

Jajaja, pero que tal han deber estado los empujones? xD

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 07 May, 2008 1:05 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
galletitabonita wrote:

me pregunto cuando tiempo estuviste formada o como fue que conseguiste tal lugar? =0

y ya se, otra vez yo de despistada, quizas ya lo dijeron antes pero por que Juli no aparece ahi en la pic? donde andaba ella?

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:12 AM