Travis

Re: 3 Minute Rock Opera
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
'Youths' always has a negative meaning for me, like "groups of youths intimidate old ladies..."

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
I love the new song. Fran's vocals, Neil's beats, riffs, THE CHOIR and all that. Just perfect. Can't wait to hear it in a better sound quality and more importantly live.
I am curious if the rest of the album has a similar sound. And and so want to hear that Eno-esque tune. Oh yes.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
The rest of the album will have a similar style in terms of its raw rockiness but it doesn't have another song as epic as J Smith. You know the Latin and the choir and stuff. Its certainly the rockiest since Good Feeling, no doubt about that for a second. So yeah, the rock side of things, sure. Especially the first 4 tracks, but not the choir and stuff.

Also, which song is the Eno-esque song you mention?

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
Whoa. Have you listened to the album already or what, Ben? :-P

Broken Mirror is the one I am talking about by the way.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Whoa. Have you listened to the album already or what, Ben? :-P

Broken Mirror is the one I am talking about by the way.

Oh Broken Mirror ok. My 9th favourite out of the 11. No I've not heard the album (that would be amazing! lol) but I know them all well live. Considering the quickness in recording and the fact they did the 5 gigs to practise them, I guessed they'd end up the same in the studio and apart from the choir, J Smith is so, the others will be too I imagine. :)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
Fair enough. But I think studio versions might be different still. I have seen some live clips on youtube and I defo need more proper versions to digest. ;-)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 10 May, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
There's nothing good on Youtube. I have much better. Fair enough the songs will have differences but no, they won't be very different. Something Anything isn't going to be a ballad or turn into something poppy like Sing. J Smith is EXACTLY the same apart from the choir. ;)

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Sun 11 May, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
I can't wait to hear get up again.

It had instant likeability within the first 5 seconds

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 11 May, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
Ben, do you think OTJS will be a summery album or a wintery one? I think it's nice if the cover art reflects that, like TMW, where the songs feel all cosy and warm and snowy :) TIB did a good job of being autumnal as well :)

Digsy
Digsy Posted Sun 11 May, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
I haven't been here for so long! gosh
i don't know what's going on really :-(

Anybody could upload this absolutely amazing new song, please?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 11 May, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Difficult to say really without hearing the finished studio recorded songs. The songs are a bit of Good Feeling with a pinch of 12 Memories mixed together with a new, rich sound, a more complex sound like the Latin and choir in J Smith, the piano in Chinese Blues, the way Before You Were Young changes from soft acoustic in the verse and then loud in the chorus, the whole of Quite Free actually. Last Words is wonderful. I'm so looking forward to hearing how they've been recorded in the studio. Can't wait! :) I couldn't put a season on it yet though, never really thought about it like that before.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 1:58 PM