Travis

I don't know if I want to listen to the J smith song
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
I was thinking about keeping the new songs as a complete surprise for when I buy the album. I want to do as I used to do before internet was avaliable, to get the album from the shop and listen to the songs for the very first time. You know, with the boy with no name I lost that something because I already knew many of the songs from the travis myspace and other sources. I'll keep this one hidden until I buy the album!

Re: I don't know if I want to listen to the J smith song
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
The last line of what you said suggests you've already made your mind up. If you decide to listen, use earphones/headphones to get most out of it. Computer speakers don't do it justice. Well done if you decide to wait. :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
I was thinking about keeping the new songs as a complete surprise for when I buy the album. I want to do as I used to do before internet was avaliable, to get the album from the shop and listen to the songs for the very first time. You know, with the boy with no name I lost that something because I already knew many of the songs from the travis myspace and other sources. I'll keep this one hidden until I buy the album!

Good for you. :) I considered not listening to it as well... for about 2 seconds. :P But I'd prefer not to listen to any more now, besides the single (if it isn't going to be J. Smith)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
I'm the same. I'll listen to this, and the single (which probably won't be this but Song To Self) but I'll leave all the rest for the album. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
I decided not to listen to any recordings from the live shows they did before they recorded the album. But if they officially release it then I want to listen to it.

I don't want to hear half of the album on MySpace but bands release a single or two before they release the album pretty frequently. So I am happy to listen to whatever Travis puts out whenever.

But of course you should do what you want to do!

varz
varz Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 9:07 PM Quote
I wasn't going to listen to it, but I needed something to cheer me up today so I did! :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
All I've done is made an mp3 and stored it far away somewhere on my computer. I'm not listening again until a bit before the album. :) Btw, good for you for choosing not to!

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
SORRY... I ALREADY LISTENED ....
XD

CHEERS!
ROOOCK

varz
varz Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I'm not listening again until a bit before the album. :) Btw, good for you for choosing not to!

Yeah, think I'll wait til the album to listen to it all again!!

Well done for having the willpower to not listen!

anace
anace Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:46 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
All I've done is made an mp3 and stored it far away somewhere on my computer. I'm not listening again until a bit before the album. :)

That's what I did. I had avoided all youtube links and stuff.. but this, and on that day.. I just had to :) I do not possess the gift of patience :P

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:53 AM Quote
I had planned on waiting, but then couldn't help myself. I think I'm with Anne, concerning the 'official' release. That makes it ok, right?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:58 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
I had planned on waiting, but then couldn't help myself. I think I'm with Anne, concerning the 'official' release. That makes it ok, right?

Yeah except it wasn't exactly an official release. Oops. Fran's post seems to indicate that they thought just those people who happened to be listening to the radio would hear it, not that it would be saved on the website for us fans to poach.

But he seems to be fine with the cat being out of the bag, just wants to make sure crap compressed files aren't being shared.

lgh_541
lgh_541 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
I want to listen because if it is really good like everybody is saying I'll get sad if I wait to listen in September!
Thinking about the time I'll have lost without such a precious song...it would be depressive!So I asked for someone to send me the song...

lgh_541
lgh_541 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
I'm sorry for the 2 replies...
Anyway,I will add that I think it's an intelligent act to wait for the official release,but I'm very anxious,so it turns difficult to wait for so long!

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
anace wrote:
I do not possess the gift of patience :P

It seems I do... wow... self control Rain.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:40 PM