Travis

Re: Lets debate Frans J smith voice
20462046 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
CD version must be different,this radio version sounds a little coarse,like a live.however,still sounds great

honestly the violet hill slightly dissapoints me,while j smith brings me a big surprise,what a orphean J smith!!

travis equals to music poet!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
20462046 wrote:
CD version must be different,this radio version sounds a little coarse,like a live.however,still sounds great

honestly the violet hill slightly dissapoints me,while j smith brings me a big surprise,what a orphean J smith!!

But it is supposed to sound live. That's the point. I really don't hear why people are saying it sounds wrong.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
I think it sounds different..but different can be good!
eeeeeee :)
lalala i love this song :D
x

20462046 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
20462046 wrote:

But it is supposed to sound live. That's the point. I really don't hear why people are saying it sounds wrong.

yeah,you remember me that travis wanna make this album sounds more live instead of modificatory postsynchronization
so everything goes well with J Smith and fran's voice

when the music intuitionisticly makes us feel happy,let is enough,do not care about the details,just enjoy

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
x

Different than what? Different than you expected? If thats the case, sure. But it doesn't sound anything different than the proper version. I'm listening to the live version right now, sounds exactly the same. :)

20462046 - Not sure i get any of that but i think i might understand. I'm listening to Broken Mirror live, after just hearing Something Anything and Long Way Down. His voice is low in them. Its just the way the song is. He's singing in a low voice. :) But yes, little details are irrelevant. The song is great, thats the important thing. :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
rebekah wrote:
x

Different than what? Different than you expected? If thats the case, sure. But it doesn't sound anything different than the proper version. I'm listening to the live version right now, sounds exactly the same. :)

Well yeah i guess..diffeent from what i expected. But i still love it :) but then again..when i saw them i was all befuddled by actually seeing them and was kinda in awe of whatever they did..so i didn't really take note of how he was singing as i'd never heard the song before..(i wasn't a majorrrrrr fan then..)...i gues i shouldv'e taken more notice huh? ahh well
(:
x

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
rebekah wrote:
x

Well yeah i guess..diffeent from what i expected. But i still love it :) but then again..when i saw them i was all befuddled by actually seeing them and was kinda in awe of whatever they did..so i didn't really take note of how he was singing as i'd never heard the song before..(i wasn't a majorrrrrr fan then..)...i gues i shouldv'e taken more notice huh? ahh well
(:
x

When i first saw them, last year, i was the same. I couldn't believe it was them. I was a BIG fan. Been a big fan for 6 years or so, so it was really amazing to finally see them. Was such a beautiful moment when the lights came on and Travis were there! :)

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
20462046 wrote, "this album sounds more live".
EXACTAMONDO.
Fran did say to me in bristol, "we're recording it live".
Or most of it anyway.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
ofcoz Fran sounds weird
the whole show's key is lowered
Coldplay's Violet Hill sounds even more weird

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
ahh it's sooo magical when you see someone you love perform live..i felt like i was gonna cry..soooo emotional (:

milos
milos Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
I think Fran's voice is GREAT in J.Smith! Not just the voice, the whole song sounds awesome!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
daytimeoyster wrote:
ofcoz Fran sounds weird
the whole show's key is lowered
Coldplay's Violet Hill sounds even more weird

It is your computer. Mine sounds exactly the same. I compared them side by side. Slightly quieter but thats it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:
20462046 wrote, "this album sounds more live".
EXACTAMONDO.
Fran did say to me in bristol, "we're recording it live".
Or most of it anyway.

Exactly. Fran says it more clearly in the blogs. It sounds live but it sounds better than that, a proper record but live. :) Woooo!

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
Seee i downloaded Violet Hill and i think that sounds exactly the same as the one on the radio..how bizarre maybe i have dodgy hearing though..or my computer is crummy...

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

It is your computer.

REALLY?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:53 PM