melissa
melissa Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:17 AM Quote
ohhh god
that voicee

sooo weird but sooo goood

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:31 AM Quote
No, there wasn't a choir live. Like I said, except the choir (which wasn't there live) the song is exactly the same. Before You Were Young will have a different end in the studio version. The way Dougie puts it in his diary, its like Fran comes up with the idea while they are in the studio. A choir might work on the end yes, but Dougie didn't mention it. Also, it would be totally different. The gothic style wouldn't work on Before You Were Young. :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:33 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Oh and another thing! lol It is definitely 'mould has been cast' :)

yes, i hear it now! thanks!

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:39 AM Quote
Wow, that was great! Such a surprise. I love the choir bit!

Thanks for the link.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:41 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
No, there wasn't a choir live. Like I said, except the choir (which wasn't there live) the song is exactly the same. Before You Were Young will have a different end in the studio version. The way Dougie puts it in his diary, its like Fran comes up with the idea while they are in the studio. A choir might work on the end yes, but Dougie didn't mention it. Also, it would be totally different. The gothic style wouldn't work on Before You Were Young. :)

haha sorry, i misunderstood what you said before, i don't know how they get to end this album, but it's something i want to hear. I don't know if would work on BYWY, 'cause they may start it with the BYWY rythm, and turn it into a powerful choir just with the rythm of the tam tam, 'cause more than be gothic can be epic.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:47 AM Quote
Yes, good point. Could turn into something else but I don't think it will. Be interesting. I think it'll be a quieter ending because it does go from being a quiet song to a rocking song and so I think the end brings it back down again. One of the few 'lovely' songs on the album. Along with Last Words. :) Still loud though!!! :) Haha.

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:49 AM Quote
I can't stop listening to it! Doesn't the 'mold has been cast' part remind anyone a bit of Bob Dylan?

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:49 AM Quote
oh my god!!!! I couldn't believe the title of this thread

thank you very much for sharing telling us about the program!!!

i'm hearing it right now!!!!

=)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:49 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes, good point. Could turn into something else but I don't think it will. Be interesting. I think it'll be a quieter ending because it does go from being a quiet song to a rocking song and so I think the end brings it back down again. One of the few 'lovely' songs on the album. Along with Last Words. :) Still loud though!!! :) Haha.

oh yes, last words one of my favorites. Damn, talking about songs makes me wanna hear them all.
EDIT: oh, i don't think it'll be a calm ending, as fran said the outro will be like fireworks:
"There is a 45 second drum fill at the end which brings the
album to a fitting finale, like fireworks exploding."

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:57 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

oh yes, last words one of my favorites. Damn, talking about songs makes me wanna hear them all.

Oh you've heard them have you? Cool. Last Words is brilliant. I love the first 4 and the last 4. Unsure about the middle 3, especially Get Up. Needs to be rough and raw to work I feel. :)

Nearly 5am so perhaps it'd be best if I get a few hours sleep. Haha. The birds are awaking. Good morrow! :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Oh you've heard them have you? Cool. Last Words is brilliant. I love the first 4 and the last 4. Unsure about the middle 3, especially Get Up. Needs to be rough and raw to work I feel. :)

Nearly 5am so perhaps it'd be best if I get a few hours sleep. Haha. The birds are awaking. Good morrow! :)

haha, yes, as you can see, i wasn't patient enough XD.
Well, get up is one of my favorites too XD, i think it's gonna be better on studio version. Friends is like the old travis style, if it get rockier on the studio version would be interesting...
Broken mirrors, i don't know, i'm unsure about this.
My favorites:
Get Up
Last Words,
Quite Free
J Smith
and Before you were young

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
Yes, maybe you're right. That would be better. I love more dramatic, epic ends to albums. That's why I dislike hidden tracks. 2 minutes of silence isn't really the epicness I like. :) Ok, of course another song starts after that but I always find it an anti climax. Sleep! :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:12 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes, maybe you're right. That would be better. I love more dramatic, epic ends to albums. That's why I dislike hidden tracks. 2 minutes of silence isn't really the epicness I like. :) Ok, of course another song starts after that but I always find it an anti climax. Sleep! :)

haha, when i bought The Man Who, i always stopped the album in Slide Show, always, and one day i was sitting making some homeworks, listening The Man Who, then Slide Show ends, and i let it running, after a while started Blue Flashing Light haha i put a face of WTF? then 20 andfinally Only Molly Knows.
But i'm agree with you, that songs can fit on a single, but for an album a great ending i prefer.
Goodnight :)

melissa
melissa Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:19 AM Quote
TK23 wrote:
I can't stop listening to it!

I agree

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:21 AM Quote
It's amazing!!!! Thanks for the link!!! Oh god, I'm soooo excited!! It's so rockier, I officially LOVE it!! :oD
The voice is a bit weird, but it's great!! I'm sorry I don't have enough words to express how much I love this song and how much I love TRAVIS!! So sorry, but right now I'm on a cloud floating in the sky... Yeah, I'm a bit out of my mind xD.

Edit: this is the 6th time I'm listening to it. I just can't stop :oD.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:54 PM