Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:24 AM Quote
fantastic new style... i love the "match of voices" in the middle and that kind of ¿medieval chorus? at the end...
so softly beautiful.....

well, in awe of this news :O

Thanks for sharing, people!! Thank you :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:27 AM Quote
Oh and another thing! lol It is definitely 'mould has been cast' :)

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:28 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
If the rest of the album sounds anything like this, it could be their best album, I agree!

Edit: I can't stop listening to it. It's addictive.

agree!

PS: Anybody knows what is the choir singing? Can't get the lyrics :( what's my English classes for?!, i wonder....

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:30 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Oh and another thing! lol It is definitely 'mould has been cast' :)

Haha, ok. I thought it said "Never" in Coming Around, so I always hear the wrong thing xD.

Wasn't there a pic of the lyrics for J Smith somewhere on the messageboard?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:36 AM Quote
Yes, I actually saved it to my computer at the time. :)

Its a great song but I hope people aren't expecting a choir on other songs. Haha. The others are a lot more simple. Awesome though. Franny is right. If you like Andy's guitar work (as heard in J Smith) then you'll love this album. Less 'thrashy' than Good Feeling, more controlled but no less rocky in fact a lot of times, more so. Something Anything will be a great example. :) I'm so excited now! :)

heich
heich Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:46 AM Quote
I wonder if the song will be on myspace on the next days

theres something that surprised me a lot, i felt as if it was 5 minutes long or even more...and its just 3!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:47 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes, I actually saved it to my computer at the time. :)

Its a great song but I hope people aren't expecting a choir on other songs. Haha. The others are a lot more simple. Awesome though. Franny is right. If you like Andy's guitar work (as heard in J Smith) then you'll love this album. Less 'thrashy' than Good Feeling, more controlled but no less rocky in fact a lot of times, more so. Something Anything will be a great example. :) I'm so excited now! :)

Found it!
J Smith lyrics

Yes, I'm not expecting a choir, I'm expecting guitar! I LOVE Andy on this song, so I'm taking your word on this, Ben! ;o)

Ahh, this is excellent!!!!!!!!!!

20462046 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 3:55 AM Quote
great song!!!!!!!!!travis never disappoint us

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:02 AM Quote
You can take my word on it then. Haha. I mean, there isn't a huge guitar solo in every song but every song (unless different in the studio version) features very prominent guitar by Andy. Claes has great piano moments in a few songs too. Chinese Blues and Long Way Down for example. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:05 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
You can take my word on it then. Haha. I mean, there isn't a huge guitar solo in every song but every song (unless different in the studio version) features very prominent guitar by Andy. Claes has great piano moments in a few songs too. Chinese Blues and Long Way Down for example. :)

Sounds brilliant! (My English vocabulary is so limited that I can't express how thrilled I am xD).

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:06 AM Quote
Back to listen to it some more!! My cat koose is up here with me. I think he likes it, lol. He keeps jumping up on the desk. :D

http://i32.tinypic.com/2ym6s8x.jpg

Thanks for posting the link to the lyrics, Juli. Does J. Smith die? Is that why we hear the chorus? "The radio's in the bath"...hmmm. Fran you're an amazing songwriter.

heich
heich Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:07 AM Quote
A friend of mine just ripped it, but i guess the guys wont be very happy to know that their new song is already on the net =S

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:10 AM Quote
heich wrote:
I wonder if the song will be on myspace on the next days

theres something that surprised me a lot, i felt as if it was 5 minutes long or even more...and its just 3!

Yeah, 2 and a half if you don't count the outro "oh oh oh oh" bit like Fran said in the blog. I'm so pleased with the end result. After hearing it live and knowing it well I was worried some moments I like, like Fran's "right now" or "yeah yeah" or whatever before the crazy choir bit might not be there. Also how the high pitched Latin bit would work. Really pleased with the result. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:12 AM Quote
heich wrote:
A friend of mine just ripped it, but i guess the guys wont be very happy to know that their new song is already on the net =S

I think it is a good thing. Hopefully it'll get on YouTube and the hype and anticipation will be raised before the albums release. :)

EDIT: Fran don't want it on YouTube. His song, his choice. :) He also has a very good point.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:15 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
There is nothing else like this on the album guys and girls. Guitar? Yes but choir and complete all out weirdness? No. But it is going to be an amazing album. I just wanted it to go into Something Anything like my live audio does!!! Haha. I'll have to wait for that. lol Apart from the choir it is exactly the same to what it was live, so as expected, I imagine the majority of the rest of the album will too. Which, believe me, is a great thing. :)

I was about to go to bed with it being about 2am but decided to run downstairs and put the computer on to hear it! 6 times I listened before I realised I have to go to sleep. Wow!

And it looks like a late August/September release. I think they'll do the festivals and then release it. Good idea. Hype it up before unleashing it. :)

So , the choirs was on the concerts they gave before? 'cause i think songs can change in the studio, maybe could be another choir on a song, i was thinking that maybe on "before you were young" as the blog said, fran told on it, the song have a kind of spectacular outro, so, i was thinking maybe a powerful choir to end the album.

EDIT: "This is the gong song. The gong we learned is actually called a tam tam and is used to great effect on this track. There is a 45 second drum fill at the end which brings the
album to a fitting finale, like fireworks exploding."

i think it could have it, but it looks like not, it would be great with the tam tam effect and at the same time a choir to make it more powerful, like an epic ending.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:07 PM