Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 8:17 AM Quote
Trixi wrote:
I'm probably not making friends now by saying this but after listening to J. Smith a couple of times I have to say that I love the first part only (which I think is absolutely great) but not this "opera-choir-whatever"-part...dunno, sounds soo not like Travis, to me anyway.
...but the end is cool again.

alright, insert your "you suck!" here now.

hahaha, no one sucks for think diferent XD. well, everybody has opinions, it's ok if you think so.
For me the change is really cool, 'cause sometimes people want changes, and when changes comes they want the same style, it happened with the invisible band, people though it was like the man who 2, and when 12 memories came, they said it wasn't good 'cause it wasn't like the old travis. i like music to be reinvented, i think this is a travis evolutionated, more intense and rockier, and at the same time epic, and it's good this change really likes to almost everyone here, i have a feeling this could be the best travis album :). I really love this song, can't wait to hear the album :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 9:49 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hey guys...listen to it on headphones!!!!!! Just did it for the first time and I got goosebumps!!! Wow. Just....wow.

Nikki's right. It sounds ten times better on headphones.

ashleya92
ashleya92 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 10:03 AM Quote
hey guys i'm really sorry but i can't even find 1st may's show....
bud i'd love to listen to the new song...
can anybody help me? i just found yesterday's show (may 2,2008)
:-(

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 10:07 AM Quote
Check the 12th page of this thread or the 2nd page of the 'Can any send me an mp3' thread.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 10:24 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Check the 12th page of this thread or...

Now that sounds funny :D

Thank you for uploading it!

ashleya92
ashleya92 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 10:27 AM Quote
hey!thx^^

tonybony
tonybony Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 10:30 AM Quote
Every recording that you do is very different from the previous one, and seems that this one is not the esepcion, I liked too much, it me resembled the song the beatiful occupation and i liked the part of: OOoouuuooouooouoo and andy´s guitar.
You forgive my English, its terrible, but I hope that you have understood me. saludos desde mexico

yonan
yonan Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 11:49 AM Quote
odd song structure, yet infectious. very interesting to see how the album will be

SunWuKung
SunWuKung Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 11:57 AM Quote
hey. can anyone send it to me pls. email: sunwukung@zoznam.sk

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
Read the bottom of this page :)
And then click the link!

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
Thanks for uploading the mp3 ;)

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:45 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Read the bottom of this page :)
And then click the link!

(thanx cryptic! i really wanted to listen to it yersterday when i heard about it but i just found your link.)

A very well-made song. The first part got my attention instantly and carried on until the end of the song which intensified when the choir stepped in. I love the attention-grabbing “ooohhh” part. (It has a touch of Beatles in it, especially the first one.)

I can’t stop listening to it. Perfect chords, perfect lyrics and perfect voice!

Now, I “REALLY” can’t wait for the next album.

Humpty Dumpty
Humpty Dumpty Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
it's soooooooooooooooo amazing
cant wait to listen to it live!!
but cant listen to it anymore
link has expired i assume

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:54 PM Quote
tonybony wrote:
Every recording that you do is very different from the previous one, and seems that this one is not the esepcion, I liked too much, it me resembled the song the beatiful occupation and i liked the part of: OOoouuuooouooouoo and andy´s guitar.
You forgive my English, its terrible, but I hope that you have understood me. saludos desde mexico

yes, i think j.smith has the feeling of the beautiful occupation, one of my fav travis songs.

briandsutton
briandsutton Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
I know this site is full of Travis die hards so nobody on here will probably agree with me when I give my opinion but here it is anyway. First off I think most of it is amazing but because there is so many changeups through out the song I like certin bits alot more than others, the first minute sounds the most travis and I like it alot, as far as the choir parts I absolutly love it at the minute and thirty second mark of the song but at the 2 minute to 2 minutes and 20 second mark I don't like ......yet. I say yet because I've questioned other new travis songs before and after a while certain things grow on you after a time, hopefully this bit is one of those things but as for now I think it's a little much, I don't even know how that part ties in or seems like it's the same song as the rest of it but like I said knowing the musical genius fran is It'll probably take me a while of listening before I can see the magnifigance of it. It makes me question how do song writers come up with songs that with time really grow on you, because don't they really have to enjoy it and be super gratified during the writing process, thats always puzzled me.

Pages Previous 1...10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:59 AM