Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
so, i think it's ok to send the mp3 i recorded from the page? well, people, if you want it, i can send it to your mails.

jaredsiden
jaredsiden Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
sorry fran. understood. can somebody send me a version. if you are willing to send it to me privately, send me a private message! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
....wooooooh.

It's been proper quiet in terms of music lately - then today out of the blue, I'm listening to the new Feeder album THEN this! And it's ace. I really didn't expect anything about it - to hear it today, or what it would sound like. I remember when we first heard Big Chair on the radio, and it was like 'oooh, listen to the riff, it's like Radiohead innit', yet looking back, it really wasn't that remarkable. This is what I'd call different.

TBWNN was a lovely record, but for me everything that made it seem to perfect to start with meant it didn't stay on its pedestal for long. Take Battleships. To start with I thought 'love it, it's like Driftwood mk2' but after a while that was exactly why it didn't really interest me. It was all a bit familiar.

Then comes J.Smith. What can you compare it to? hahaha. It's nuts but complete genius. I adore it. Coming from someone who hasn't heard any of the other new material - really, really don't think I can wait now! If I could hibernate from now till "fall" or whatever that weirdo American/English/Lenonese sounding bloke on the radio stream said, I so would.

mp3 would be ace though if anyone was feeling kind. I know it's compressed to sh*t, but I need to hear it when in the car, walking the dog, etc. That's how music drills into my brain, not sitting at a computer screen.

jaredsiden
jaredsiden Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:27 PM Quote
jesus, just private messaged you my email. hope you can send it along on your earliest convenience. thanks mate.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
jaredsiden wrote:
jesus, just private messaged you my email. hope you can send it along on your earliest convenience. thanks mate.

i just sent it :) enjoy it.
Now i'm going out, i'll be back in an hour or so.

jaredsiden
jaredsiden Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
thank you jesus. you are my savior!! haha. no pun intended. great work fran. absolutely love it.

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
AT THIS TIME YOU CAN CALL ME JUAN SMITH... XD
YES!!! AS LATIN AS IT'S HEARD!!!! HAHAHA

OMG
I JUST CAN'T STAND MY HAPPYNESS....
A KNEW THAT SOMEWAY I WAS FEELING THIS.... I KNEW THIS!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
Thanks to The Boy With a Cryptic Name I have it - thanks.

Really recommend using mp3Gain to boost the volume a bit and it sounds brilliant.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:47 PM Quote
oooooooohhh...do i want an MP3? or shall i waiitt?
decisions decisionss!!!!
ahhhh!! what to dooo?
x

StrangeOne
StrangeOne Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:53 PM Quote
I'll be really happy to get the mp3...

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Me too si vous plait.

darrangilpin@mac.com

Love and bananas

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
Hey everyone

LINK REMOVED.

DON'T LOOK AT ANY OF THE OTHER PAGES, OR YOU MIGHT FIND IT... :)

Assuming that's alright with Fran of course...?

jamie2
jamie2 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
oh... i should hear it... okay, some private message to anyone and then i should better go offline.... and lying down..... sometimes its hard to find words... love travisĀ“ music and i never forgot those drowsing disparateness, which is hard to put into words! thanks and bye!

elodie
elodie Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:46 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Hey everyone

It's probably easier if people use a link like this to get it (sorry about the horrible authentication code thing, I only just realised how hard it is to see) :(

http://rapidshare.com/files/112089309/02_J_Smith.mp3.html
Enjoy!

I WILL REMOVE THIS LINK TOMORROW EVENING. IF YOU STILL WANT IT AFTER THAT, PM ME!

Assuming that's alright with Fran of course...?

thank you very much!!!! :-)

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:06 AM Quote
Thanks to the lovely boardie who shared it with me!

And, did anyone else go back and read's Dougie and Fran's comments about the song before listening? It was so great to be able to listen and think, "Oh yeah, here's where Andy's gonna let loose!" and "Get ready for the choir!"

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:56 PM