Travis

Re: Ode to J Smith MySpace?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
I just hope this isn't to upload the album or a few tracks from the album.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 7:12 PM Quote
It doesn't look like an official (ie. made by Fran) site, does it, so I would imagine not.

To download it, if you have Realplayer, right click on the bit where it has the title to the right of the play/pause/stop buttons and select 'Download this video to realplayer'. If you don't have realplayer, get it, then do the above :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
I think it is. The date it started, the name, the Latin (?), what has been uploaded, the name J Smith. Seems very official to me.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 9:23 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I think it is. The date it started, the name, the Latin (?), what has been uploaded, the name J Smith. Seems very official to me.

... also who else would have the very early demos of The Fear, U16 Girls and Funny Thing?

They're very interesting to hear, thanks to.. "whoever"...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

... also who else would have the very early demos of The Fear, U16 Girls and Funny Thing?

Yes I said that. 'what has been uploaded' It must be Fran. And now that it has been discovered, maybe he'll put more up. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yes I said that. 'what has been uploaded' It must be Fran. And now that it has been discovered, maybe he'll put more up. :)

I agree that it does seem like it was made by Fran because like you said, Ben, who would have access to the demos and know the name of the new album at that time? But I wonder why it was made in February and it just sat there for us to find. I'm surprised Franny didn't announce anything about it through the MB or his blog. Maybe he was planning to use it to add the new material and Mighty just found it before he uploaded the new stuff??? I don't know. I'm just guessing. :P

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:40 PM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
I NEED TO GET THIS THE FEAR VERSION!!!

do you know where can I find it???

Send me a private message

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I agree that it does seem like it was made by Fran because like you said, Ben, who would have access to the demos and know the name of the new album at that time? But I wonder why it was made in February and it just sat there for us to find. I'm surprised Franny didn't announce anything about it through the MB or his blog. Maybe he was planning to use it to add the new material and Mighty just found it before he uploaded the new stuff??? I don't know. I'm just guessing. :P

It seems pretty official to me. And I'm not surprised we weren't informed, remember "Gerbil sandwich"?! Fran's a sneaky fella ;)

jambut
jambut Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:35 AM Quote
maybe its been used as a marketing ploy by the band.

Yaknow prove the fanbase is strong by how quick they latch on to content etc. not plauseable i know.

Doesnt make sense why they wouldnt just put it on the official myspace though unless Indendentine haven't let them keep it ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

It seems pretty official to me. And I'm not surprised we weren't informed, remember "Gerbil sandwich"?! Fran's a sneaky fella ;)

Oh! Good point, Carla! I'm a dork, but I think it's so cool how the guys leave these little clues for us to figure out....like the Gerbil Sandwich video on YouTube. I guess we won't know for sure if the Ode to J. Smith MySpace is authentic until Fran says something, but it's still fun to figure stuff like this out. :)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 3:45 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I was thinking the same thing...you never know!

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:50 PM Quote
hey it might be fran, but the demos couldve fallen into anyones hands- a friend of a friend of the band.. its not that impossible

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
Hello you pious soul is the phrase in italian beside the photo on myspace.. who knows maybe it is an easter egg left by fran.

elodie
elodie Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
It must be an official page made by Fran. But I hope he will not put the new songs on MySpace!

ChineseBlues
ChineseBlues Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
accousticbug wrote:
hey it might be fran, but the demos couldve fallen into anyones hands- a friend of a friend of the band.. its not that impossible

True.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:11 AM