Travis

my Sunday afternoon
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
I went to a meeting at my church yesterday afternoon and left my phone in the car. When I checked it after the meeting I had six missed calls, two voicemails, and a text. All from my husband.

I call in a panic knowing something weird must have happened. His office (he and a partner have an engineering practice) has flooded! He said he is almost to the church with the kids (he was just going to track me down) and to wait there.

I was at the end of the entry/exit part of the parking lot so I reversed a little so I could U-turn and just wait in the lot for him. I'm then looking down as I put it back in drive when all of the sudden there is a big boom and I realize someone has just rear ended me!!

They get out and are all apologetic saying "sorry, I just wasn't paying attention." To paint a picture, this entry/exit is probably 40-50 yards long. I was at the end of it. They had to be driving with their eyes closed not to see me!!

There is a scratch but seemingly nothing else wrong with the bumper. I am going to get it looked at and they were asking me if they could just pay for it out of pocket instead of involving insurance if it's not too much money. I don't care as long as they pay up.

It's just annoying- we've had the car 2 or so months!!

I also just couldn't believe that I got hit 10 seconds after finding out my husband has this emergency. You would expect me maybe to cause the accident but I wasn't even moving.

Thankfully his office seems like it is OK. The landlord already had a crew dealing with the carpets. He moved stuff off the ground and some water came out of one of his employee's computers but he went back last night and checked and it worked. The server and firewall are working too so hopefully it's maybe only some drawings that got messed up. And those can be reprinted so that's not the end of the world.

Re: my Sunday afternoon
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
Sounds like another case for Judge Joe Brown!

Sorry to hear that, Anne. Rotten luck. Hopefully the other driver will pay.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Sounds like another case for Judge Joe Brown!

Sorry to hear that, Anne. Rotten luck. Hopefully the other driver will pay.

Someone else suggested Joe Brown to me this morning. I have all their info so I think they'll pay. I think they partly want to avoid insurance because the guy was driving the girl's car so it would be a big headache for her to make a claim when she wasn't driving.

th74
th74 Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 4:40 PM Quote
What a bummer. I'm glad you weren't hurt. Hopefully they just pay up, and your hubby's office gets un-flooded soon.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
aw no , your Sunday sucked!! It's weird how these things always seem to happen at the same time. Hope everything gets sorted out sharpish and stress-less..

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
You know what they say, accidents always comes in threes. Or twos. Well, not alone anyway :o)

So is everything alrigh with the office now? And did you manage to get the car repaired?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
are you possessed ? just asking

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
You know what they say, accidents always comes in threes. Or twos. Well, not alone anyway :o)

So is everything alrigh with the office now? And did you manage to get the car repaired?

I couldn't quote two posts but Abs, I am fairly certain I am not possessed. I can't be sure though.

I called my man and it sounded like he was in a factory because it was so loud due to all of the fans that have been brought in. I think the carpet cleaners are back tonight to steam clean it. The computers are still working.

Haven't had a chance to take the car in yet. Don't know when I have time to do that this week. We just need to figure that out.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I couldn't quote two posts but Abs, I am fairly certain I am not possessed. I can't be sure though.

I called my man and it sounded like he was in a factory because it was so loud due to all of the fans that have been brought in. I think the carpet cleaners are back tonight to steam clean it. The computers are still working.

Haven't had a chance to take the car in yet. Don't know when I have time to do that this week. We just need to figure that out.

Well as long as the office and car are usable, and you know it'll be fixed, things will be ok :o)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
You know what they say, accidents always comes in threes. Or twos.

If you ask Fran, it's "bad news in twos" ...

Uhhhg! What a bummer about the office. What's with the Johnson family and floods? Sorry to hear you had such a crappy weekend, Anne! I hope these people will pay for whatever damage they caused to your car as well. :/

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:00 AM Quote
bummer , I'd be suspicious about anyone claiming pay under the table , lots of little cost may be involved

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 1:46 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
What's with the Johnson family and floods?

I was about to say the same thing!
What an awful day Anne, and all at the same time!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 3:28 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hanne wrote:
You know what they say, accidents always comes in threes. Or twos.

If you ask Fran, it's "bad news in twos" ...

Uhhhg! What a bummer about the office. What's with the Johnson family and floods? Sorry to hear you had such a crappy weekend, Anne! I hope these people will pay for whatever damage they caused to your car as well. :/

I hadn't thought about that this is flooding part 2. At least we didn't have to deal with the carpets this time. His poor parents had their house flooded twice when Brian was little. They lost everything- wedding and baby pictures. It's really sad.

And Ric since I'll be controlling the estimate, etc. I don't think they'll be able to pull one over on me. The damage seems minimal but I want someone to confirm that the bumper is still in good shape.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 3:56 AM Quote
frame holds the bumper , beware of hairline fractures or the frame being bent

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:03 AM