minsidesoutside_lds Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
TEVEZ!!! jaja!

(you know, Barby, i love hm.
just can't think anyone else...)
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk146/lds1858/FLYINGBUTERFLIES.gif

Re: choose
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:39 AM Quote

I would have to lean towards Maradonna, he's more of my generation, English people always go on about "the hand of god" incident but that's football, I didn't hear them complaining about the goal that never was in the world cup final in '66. Also his second goal in that match is absolutely sublime, pure unadulterated genius, however as a hero to millions he really should conduct himself with a little more decorum.

Pele for me was one of the first players to start the "sport" of "gamesmanship", deliberately trying to get players booked and sent off, encouraging the referee to reach for his book/cards. A brilliant soccer star by all means but I just wish he'd consentrated on his skill rather than his "presence".

Mind you if you are talking greats... Dalgleish, Law, Bremner, Jordan, Leighton.

or Europeans for me... Ferenc Puskas, Cryuff, Eusebio, Platini, van Basten, Guillit, Biaggio, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Berghamp.

Dubz

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:41 AM Quote
Best.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:46 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Best.

I saw Best play at the height of his career with Hibs....

His drinking career.

Dubz

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 12:20 PM Quote
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/edel/george.gif

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 1:00 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/edel/george.gif

Superb Album !!!

Everyone Thinks That He Looks Daft, Pourquoi Es Tu Devenue Si Raisonnable? & the cover of Getting Better.

Dubz

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 2:17 PM Quote
Nice to see Platini mentionned, football with class that was.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 5:19 PM Quote

My mum : Pele o Pelé
Me : Maradona!!!!!

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
Zidane and Di Stéfano :p

barby
barby Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 1:40 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I would have to lean towards Maradonna, he's more of my generation, English people always go on about "the hand of god" incident but that's football, I didn't hear them complaining about the goal that never was in the world cup final in '66. Also his second goal in that match is absolutely sublime, pure unadulterated genius, however as a hero to millions he really should conduct himself with a little more decorum.

Pele for me was one of the first players to start the "sport" of "gamesmanship", deliberately trying to get players booked and sent off, encouraging the referee to reach for his book/cards. A brilliant soccer star by all means but I just wish he'd consentrated on his skill rather than his "presence".

Mind you if you are talking greats... Dalgleish, Law, Bremner, Jordan, Leighton.

or Europeans for me... Ferenc Puskas, Cryuff, Eusebio, Platini, van Basten, Guillit, Biaggio, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Berghamp.

Dubz

You´re right. I was looking for information about "the goal that never was in the world cup final in '66" and I found an article about it. I learnt something new about football.
And the Maradona´s second goal in that match it´s brilliant.
Now, I would like to know why do you say "he really should conduct himself with a little more decorum."?

minsidesoutside_lds wrote:
TEVEZ!!! jaja!

(you know, Barby, i love hm.
just can't think anyone else...)
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk146/lds1858/FLYINGBUTERFLIES.gif

I know Lour, I know. I think you´re the one who loves him. ( What bad I am!) He´s playing in England in this moment. "El apache" jaja

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:38 PM