Travis

Song To Self blog is up
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
Again, just in case people haven't realised, thought I'd just point it out. I love the blogs, can't contain my excitement! :)

Happy Fran says its a single possibility as I've always thought the same. Great, great song. Classic Travis. Its rocky but has the same anthem feel of a Man Who song. I expect this to be a big fan favourite in years to come. Can't wait to hear the studio version. :)

Also bit confused by his Claes pronunciation... ?

Re: Song To Self blog is up
Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:51 PM Quote
From what I remember of the shows, this is the standout track of all of them. It really grabbed me on both nights, and I've got a feeling I'll mildly obsess over it when the album arrives. It had a very Snow Patrol feel to it then, be interesting to see whether I still think that when we get the finished article.

Loving the blogs, thanks for taking the time to write them Fran. Soon be feet-up time.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 12:01 AM Quote
He's even going to show his art project. How nicey-nice!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 12:13 AM Quote
Dont know about the Snow Patrol thing but I agree that it stands out. I think the first 4 and last 4 are going to be all brilliant but the real stand out quality track, along with J Smith because of its last half, is Song To Self. I think it'll be the lead single. If it was released back in the day, it would have got into the top 5 on the singles chart I think. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 3:25 AM Quote
[

Also bit confused by his Claes pronunciation... ? [/quote]

Me too! Weren't we all taught this past tour that it is Cl-ow-s, not, (santa) claus?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 4:00 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Again, just in case people haven't realised, thought I'd just point it out. I love the blogs, can't contain my excitement! :)

lol, i'm right there with ya!

oh wow...aren't we lucky to get so many blogs! i'm happy to hear that Claes is playing a lot on this album.
i can't wait!!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
Claes Mouse House.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 4:35 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
[

Also bit confused by his Claes pronunciation... ?

Me too! Weren't we all taught this past tour that it is Cl-ow-s, not, (santa) claus? [/quote]

I think Americans though, prounounce Santa Claus differently than probably most everyone else! We say it like the word, "Clause" and on the other side of the pond, they use more of the "ow" sound.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 5:21 AM Quote
It's like reading "Claus" in spanish haha.

How cool that he's going to show us his art work!!! :oD

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 6:20 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
It's like reading "Claus" in spanish haha.

How cool that he's going to show us his art work!!! :oD

I just got home and read five of Fran's blogs in a row and I could not be happier right now! It's 1:15 a.m. and I can't sleep now cuz I'm on a happy little Travis cloud thinking about what this album is going to sound like! AH! I'm so excited!!!!

I loved the bit where he talked about the silence on the album and how we'll be able to hear them sigh and laugh at times...I LOVE that kinda stuff!

Seriously, thank you SO much Fran (and Dougie) for letting us be a part of this process. What a band. You guys are amazing to your fans.

I wonder if Fran's artwork is for the album cover. Forgive me if this has been discussed...I'm kind of out of it right now. :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 8:08 AM Quote
[quote="BenFilbert"] Again, just in case people haven't realised, thought I'd just point it out. I love the blogs, can't contain my excitement! :)

Happy Fran says its a single possibility as I've always thought the same. Great, great song. Classic Travis. Its rocky but has the same anthem feel of a Man Who song. I expect this to be a big fan favourite in years to come. Can't wait to hear the studio version. :)
[/quote

Ahhh now I'm getting really excited! not sure if I can wait for the album to come out. it has the feel of something really really immense about it... and I have not even heard a single note of it! lol bring it on !!

spid
spid Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 9:58 AM Quote
A very excited me! I haven't heard the songs and so want to do so now - and see the art work!

Wow!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 12:20 PM Quote
Hey Nikki. Seeing 5 blogs pop up on the screen must be exciting. Haha. I brought this up in another thread, don't think anyone replied, but I was thinking it could be those wings that he was drawing last year on peoples t shirts, and were on the Ode To J Smith t shirt. Maybe he was drawing our mate, J. Smith! :) I've said a couple of times I think it'll suit the album if the band aren't on the cover, be interesting to see if it is the front. First Travis album without the band on it maybe...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 12:22 PM Quote
Oh and Claes is surely Claes lives in a house with his best mate mouse. NOT Claes has got claws. ???

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 18 Apr, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Hey Nikki. Seeing 5 blogs pop up on the screen must be exciting. Haha. I brought this up in another thread, don't think anyone replied, but I was thinking it could be those wings that he was drawing last year on peoples t shirts, and were on the Ode To J Smith t shirt. Maybe he was drawing our mate, J. Smith! :) I've said a couple of times I think it'll suit the album if the band aren't on the cover, be interesting to see if it is the front. First Travis album without the band on it maybe...

Hey Ben! You know, I thought the exact same thing about the wings!! That would be pretty cool. I'm sure whatever this artwork turns out to be, it will be brilliant. Fran is a talented guy on many levels. :)

I really want one of those Travis T-Shirts with the wings on the back too.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:07 AM