Travis

New Blog!! Mix Part Deux NY
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
yay!

wow...these are coming in pretty randomly, huh?
i'm really curious now to see how fran's "doodle" came out!

fran...will you be posting a sample picture?? ;)

Re: New Blog!! Mix Part Deux NY
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 1:10 AM Quote
Be something to do with the art work. I said it before here, I think this could be the first Travis album with them not on the cover. Get Up could be really good. Needs to be really rough sounding I think. I think I know the bits Fran talks about when he mentions the Cilla moments. I'm interested that Quite Free is next as I thought Last Words came next... mmm

Now we know that indeed, in reality, the mixing should be done! :)

I imagine Fran sitting, legs crossed, on the floor with a load of crayons around him. :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 3:49 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Be something to do with the art work. I said it before here, I think this could be the first Travis album with them not on the cover. Get Up could be really good. Needs to be really rough sounding I think. I think I know the bits Fran talks about when he mentions the Cilla moments. I'm interested that Quite Free is next as I thought Last Words came next... mmm

Now we know that indeed, in reality, the mixing should be done! :)

I imagine Fran sitting, legs crossed, on the floor with a load of crayons around him. :)

lol...don't know about the crayons! but, then again, who knows? :D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 5:18 AM Quote
There are three blogs today (Apr 16)... and not in the correct order I believe: the first one of the day is about Quite Free and the last one says that the next song that's going to be mixed is Quite Free... or maybe I'm very tired and it's all in my mind? It's possible, but I'm too lazy right now to go and check xD.

Anyways, these three blogs are awesome. I loved them all. All the info about the songs makes me so excited! And I loved that Cilla Black comment xD.

Clow
Clow Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 5:38 AM Quote
yeah! i want to see pictures of those doodles LoL!
i'm excited about what fran will tell us about
the next song :B!.These news really made my days (:

mili
mili Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 7:19 AM Quote
So that's at least one reason why Fran is in the mix, he did some singing.

If the artwork he was doing is the cover, it sounds pretty interesting.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 8:04 AM Quote
Was so excited to find these this morning .I love the 'live' feel this album is gonna have and live emotion - very special.;) wonder how many takes for the doodle? lol

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 8:18 AM Quote
a very busy blogger ooor Franny ! :)

edit: and I'm very glad he knocked Cilla on the head. we can't have Cilla Black no no no ! lol

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 8:59 AM Quote
Last Words blog is s nice morning surprise but I wrote a load of stuff in a new thread last night about the Quite Free blog but its gone. Can't remember what I said now!!! Why it gone? :(

I think I said something along the lines of it being an awesome song, possibly a single and that it seems I was correct about the art work. I also said that at first I was worried about the album sounding poor but by reading the blog Fran seems very clear about how big and great it sounds. I love the idea of the background noise as long as it isn't going to make the songs full of snorting noises all the way through. :)

And why, who, where did someone remove my thread. Its early, had little sleep, maybe it is still there... :(

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 9:15 AM Quote
I've never felt so excited in the lead-up to an album release. I'm sure it's because of the amazing blogs. It's like someone waving chocolate under your nose and then saying you have to wait months to eat it - arrrrgh!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 10:49 AM Quote
And why, who, where did someone remove my thread. Its early, had little sleep, maybe it is still there... :( [/quote]

Its on the other page ...wakey wakey

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:19 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
And why, who, where did someone remove my thread. Its early, had little sleep, maybe it is still there... :(

Its on the other page ...wakey wakey [/quote]

Right, confused because people were acting as if people didn't know about it. I was like 'I told you all!' lol People don't seem excited by these blogs at all and yet there's like 6 pages about a word in Coming Around...

So tired. Had about 14 hours sleep in 3/4 days. Argh!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
Fran on Andy's guitar in Last Words: "when Andy came in, he played this crazy riff over the top that sounded like a roosters wake up call." I just did it in my head and he's so right! Haha. Do do, do do, dooooo. lol

Also, Fran's going to give each song its own blog except Broken Mirror... weird.

elodie
elodie Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 3:22 PM Quote
Everything sounds pretty interesting... The mixing process must be finished now, I hope the album will see the light of the day soon!!! I don't expect them to put the songs on mySpace now, it would be a bad idea for the promotion of the album in my opinion...

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
Oh, wow! I just now got to read the next two blogs after this one, and WOW! This is really exciting!

I can't wait to hear this album, and really looking forward to hearing these "silence" parts...i love these tiny details!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:35 PM