Travis

Deluxe Editions - Any Good or Bunch of Wank ?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:54 AM Quote
Some of them are not bad got some nice extra stuff on them but others just seem like wankery anorak collectors editions, who really wants the original demo, the sound quality on demo's is usually shit! Or perhaps I'm missing something...possibly??

Discuss...

Dubz

Re: Deluxe Editions - Any Good or Bunch of Wank ?
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:58 AM Quote
I wanna get The La's Deluxe Edition! I've heard a bit from it and it sounds great. I think they are good if you love the band and wanna have everything on disc etc. And for new listeners who wanna get as much as they can for as little as possible (I'm cheap like that). It is a pain in the arse tho ending up with 3 of the same album. They really get as much money as they can out of you.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 12:08 PM Quote
yeah that annoys me a bit, I already own a lot of these albums I'm not fucking buying them again, why didn't they put this stuff on the original. Plus they are ridiculously expensive over here at the moment.

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
If they stuck all these special versions and demos on a different CD then it'd be better. Someone I know says if you have enough sense you'd have downloaded these demos etc already.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
I gotta see that LA's one but the Byrds reissues have all been top notch. Everyone should have their first 6 albums or up to Ballad of easy rider

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 8:58 AM Quote
The La's one will be a cracker as it includes one of the few versions of the album/sets of demos that aren't in wide circulation.

Totally agree with the sound quality of a lot of demos, but the La's demos are generally of a high quality.

Thgough not stictly Deluxe Editions (those are only albums on Polydor and related labels) The Field Mice reissues of a few years back were great. Jam packed with all those hard to find 7"'s and tracks that appeared on compilation albums.

These types of reissues are tailor made for little indie bands of the 80's and 90's who released limited edition singles etc. Sure they won;t sell by the truck load but for those who were too young and/or stupid to catch on at the the time they're a godsend.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:55 PM