Travis

the croc invasion
wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 6:03 PM Quote
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/crocs.jpg

these things are just driving me crazy. i was against buying into the whole craze originally. but yesterday my sandals just killed my feet from 10 hours of being at school that i finally did it... i bought a pair of crocs.

and the creepy thing is: i like them.

yeah maybe i was ignorant and didn't want to go into the whole rage of consumerism, but these things work. plus, mine are blue and orange with the mets symbol on the strap. my feet and knees don't hurt like they usually do.

it shows you what sore feet will drive you to do. they just ruin your day really.

anybody have any issues with crocs? love 'em or hate 'em?

Re: the croc invasion
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
I've never worn them, but rubber shoes seem like they'd make your feet sweat, even with the vent holes. Sweaty feet on rubber would be weirdly slippery and cause blisters.

I can only imagine they'd make good garden shoes, because you can hose 'em down. Or maybe to wear to the pool.

mili
mili Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
I find them truly ugly, but when I visited a university hospital unit recently I noticed 90 % of the staff wearing them (some with decorations) I though they must be good to wear to be so popular. I first saw them in a mountaneering shop in Luzern, Switzerland some years ago, and I was pretty suspicious already then. Since then they've become a fashion item and even copies are made now. The rubber boots are quite funny looking and I almost like the furry lined winter versions.

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
they can get a little sweaty when you aren't walking around because there isn't any airflow. when you are walking it is nice and your feet are drier. it is the crazy colors that make me gag though.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 2:14 AM Quote
no offence to anyone with them, but i truely think that these are the ugliest shoes i have ever seen. Yes, i know...they are comfortable..but they are hideous.
I heard they were banned from a hospital in Sweden bc they caused too much static and effected the machinery.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
no offence to anyone with them, but i truely think that these are the ugliest shoes i have ever seen. Yes, i know...they are comfortable..but they are hideous.

No your right... they're disgusting.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 1:35 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
minnmess wrote:

No your right... they're disgusting.

You're both right!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 2:10 PM Quote
Oh God. Ugliest shoes ever made.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
Oh god, how I hate them! They just look soooo ugly! I have to see them everyday at work because one attorney's got to do with (or against) it. The ugliest ones are pink, light green and orange. Once we had a pair of purple with glitter... :(

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 5:29 AM Quote
I hate these things with a passion. Why oh why can't they just go away?!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 5:35 AM Quote
I agree with everyone here who thinks these shoes are hideous.
Maybe they're comfortable, I never tried them, but seriously, it's all rubber... so so ugly.

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
yes, they are hideous, but it depends on the color. mine are dark blue/gray and really just look like dull water shoes meets sandals.
i just gave up on rebelling against them because they were comfy and my doctor said i needed to change my walking habits. my family has a joint problem. i'm only 19 and i've already shown signs of arthritis. not good. these shoes are light-weight and squishy, plus they circulate air well. and my knees are feeling better already.
people just need to know what color works for them. don't give me the hot pink and green shit. i even knew a girl who wore a pink-green-blue-yellow tye dye pattern for an entire year. ugh. but they worked with her personality.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
I saw that they make a heeled shoe now too, baaaarrrfff!

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
I saw that they make a heeled shoe now too, baaaarrrfff!

yucky :-P

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
why couldn't they just bring back jellies instead?!? those were the shit - except when you got rocks caught in the bottom and had to dig 'em out with a stick.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:58 AM